FS19 Farm placement roads/tracks

redglasses

Re: FS19 Farm placement roads/tracks

Post by redglasses »

Sandhill wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:15 pm In today's English stream Ken said that they are working on the ability to add roads.
Ya, I'm so hyped for that, I wonder how long it will be
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Yes they said big buds will be a free download, also mentioned the 3 point lifter being in game on last nights stream. Love that for attaching to the Krone mower.
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

Yep nice to have confirmation on this, all be it massively disappointing which is a shame as everything else is awesome!

Unfortunately, for me anyway, this aspect of the game is totally useless until it's sorted out... if that is even possible. The use of a roller to change the texture but no way to change the actual ground levels/bumps etc isn't going to cut the mustard for me.
I'm not sure why they put such a massive feature into the game if they are going to release the game regardless of it working or not. I mean, who wants to build a farm on a grass field with no road to get to it and no solid base for the parts in between the structures! I don't know why they have given us this total freedom to build anywhere when we don't have the tools to use it. It would have been better if they would have given us limitations. For example, have 2 or 3 areas of the map with empty, flat, concreate bases that we could build on or convert to fields.
think it's better not to have a feature rather than having something that doesn't work properly as all it's going to do is make us frustrated that we can't get it how we want it or be left having parts of it looking like a dogs dinner.
It's the single biggest gameplay change and it's incomplete/not fit for purpose! Hope the modders can sort it out but for now, I'll be sticking to the pre-made farm yards.
IowaFarmer34

Post by IowaFarmer34 »

A work around will be to place placeables then sell them leaving you with level ground and building site texture, then use a plow and seeder to covert non-roads back to grass. Several assumptions with this, but seems like it should work.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

It should be easy enough to choose an area adjacent to an existing road or track to build your farm. It's just going to take a bit of thought and planning before placing your buildings as it does in FS17. Glad to hear they are working on more tools to change the terrain and texture though.
malachi6

Post by malachi6 »

Given FS17 has the roller that can alter ground textures. I assume this is also going to be part of FS19
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

malachi6 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:43 pm Given FS17 has the roller that can alter ground textures. I assume this is also going to be part of FS19
Yes. Still just grass state for the roller at this point. A lot of ppl have complained about the flat grass but in 17 you could plant grass in a field, then go over it with the roller and it would delete the field but grass would grow up through the original ground. I never tried it out till recently but it does work. Hopefully the same will he true for 19.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

In todays English stream Lars mentioned that the roads and terraforming to level land is still in the works and that they got a pretty good idea as how to make it work but that ut will be in a post release patch that will be coming "soon, soonish"
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
crash

Post by crash »

The red barn on ravenport looks to have no fuction...
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway