Versions of game and mods

Deadeye

Versions of game and mods

Post by Deadeye »

Hey all, just a quick question I thought of this morning. Hoping I won't confuse anyone here. Somewhere, several months ago, I remember reading a thread on here. It had something to do with mods and different versions of the game. I believe it was mentioned that you are limited with mods on the Steam downloaded version for example, only being allowed to use mods from the modhub on this site. On the other hand, I believe it was mentioned that one could have the disc version and could download mods from a third party site such as modhub. My question is if I buy the digital download from this site can I still download mods from modland.net or another third party site, or am I strictly limited to the GIANTS modhub?
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
don_apple

Re: Versions of game and mods

Post by don_apple »

There is no limitation on the Windows or macOS versions of the game with regards to from where you can download and install mods, no matter if you use the DVD, direct download or Steam version of the game.

Only the console versions of the game have the limitation that it is only possible to install mods via the official ModHub.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Deadeye

Re: Versions of game and mods

Post by Deadeye »

Good deal. I'm not exactly sure where I read that, or maybe I misunderstood. Appreciate the quick response. Going to purchase the digital download here shortly.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel