What mode are you starting FS19?

george.earlslight

Re: What mode are you starting FS19?

Post by george.earlslight »

I'd like to start from scratch but without the low selling prices.
It would be too hard for me to enjoy the game and see most of the equipment that way.

Anyone knows the differences between the three modes, apart from starting wealth?
The silage selling price mentioned earlier is a good indicator.
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

In a earlier post I said I was going to wrap bales to start. not much money doing it on Farm manager mode. On 16 wrapped bales they sold for 17000 dollars. A lot of work for that amount of money. Looks like money is going to be scarce in this game. I started with field 6 on the American map it is close to the BGA. After I harvest the sunflowers on it I will plant it to corn for silage.
Alienware PC.
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

george.earlslight wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:52 am I'd like to start from scratch but without the low selling prices.
It would be too hard for me to enjoy the game and see most of the equipment that way.

Anyone knows the differences between the three modes, apart from starting wealth?
The silage selling price mentioned earlier is a good indicator.
I believe I read on here that the economy on each is the same as easy normal and hard in 17 (respectively for each mode). Though someone else would have to back me up on that.

All I can say from my experience is that all the prices seem different. To be honest I'm not sure if contract payouts are different.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
Neilyboy1

Post by Neilyboy1 »

I won’t be starting anything today useless amazon Uk haven’t delivered my parcel *thumbsdown*
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

it likes like the farm manager mode are indeed similar to normal mode but I do believe overall they may be slightly lower. I'm not sure contracts are worth doing. I was going to to a fertilizer contract that was going to pay 6K but I needed to lease equipment and buy some fertilizer so I think i figured I would make between 3 and 3.5K. I suppose some of the bigger ones would have a decent payout over the lease cost but the Idea of doing missions to make some money for equipment starting out is gonna be slow going. Maybe I'll find it's different when some start coming in but there were only I think 4 contracts available starting out.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Here are some selling prices which I also posted on reddit. Those are just the first best prices I saw when creating a new game on the relevant mode.
Personally, I decided to start on easy (New Farmer), sell everything and start from zero at a different land plot.

Code: Select all

Crop 1000L / Mode	New Farmer	Farm Manager	Start from Scratch
Eggs 			5120 		3074 		1851
Silage 			491		208 		175
Canola 			2404		1218 		691
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

So what is the tally of maps people are using?

From what I have noticed, I could be wrong, but it seems more people are picking Ravensport.
Farmer Ryan1

Post by Farmer Ryan1 »

I feel as if more people are picking felsbrunn but i too could be wrong
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

I started on ravenport, went to felsbrunn. Will probably stay there I feel like it's the better map for me. Puts me in mind of hagenstad which I loved.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Farmer Ryan1

Post by Farmer Ryan1 »

Hagenstedt was my favorite map on 17
I knew all the places inside out and could truck it backwards without a problem