FS19 engine sound ...

User avatar
W1der
Posts: 3684
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: SWEDEN

Re: FS19 engine sound ...

Post by W1der » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:25 pm

For PC we will surely get it if GIANTS wont fix it ...
[Win10] Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz / GTX1070 Dual OC 8GB GDDR5 / 32GB 2133MHz DDR4 SDRAM

Skunkworks
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:26 am

Re: FS19 engine sound ...

Post by Skunkworks » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:55 am

Giants better review the sound, console players cannot just mod poor design choices away. It needs to be fixed.

The constant idling sound even when working an implement is soul destroying. Then the dead quite cab, to the zoom out and sound goes quite, no machine noise. Then also the lack if acceleration sound.

Also remember console players don’t have controller sensitivity settings at all. 😭

Weasle
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:02 pm

Re: FS19 engine sound ...

Post by Weasle » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:00 am

Buy the Lizard semi truck, and you will understand how bad the engine noise in this game is dorked beyond broken.

mespalin
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:53 pm

Re: FS19 engine sound ...

Post by mespalin » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:51 am

Yes, unfortunately the sound, or lack thereof, really takes so much out of the game for me. I have tried, forcing myself through hours of play hoping to settle into a rhythm. But with the bad throttle control, and the very dull washed out sounds, I am quite disappointed. Hopefully we will see some improvements to these issues shortly, because I love FS, but as it is now, am gonna go play some Old Stream Farm on FS17.
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons

Weasle
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:02 pm

Re: FS19 engine sound ...

Post by Weasle » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:56 am

Yeah after I get all the trophies for this game, I am going back to Lone Oak until this dumpster fire gets put out.

Voradhor
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:41 pm

Re: FS19 engine sound ...

Post by Voradhor » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:02 pm

Hello,
here on XBOX X i also report that all the vehicles have a strange LAG on the engines sound. What i mean is that starting from 0 km/h to 8-10 km/h the sound of the engine is exactly the same as a stationary tractor. The engine sound starts to grow only after you pass 10 km/h. This is pretty strange and unrealistic.

But this is a game design choice or a bug?
Have you (other players) reported the same issues?

Thank you.

Kgbow
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:59 pm

Re: FS19 engine sound ...

Post by Kgbow » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:05 pm

Agree (again) I’m staying on fs 17 until this is patched

User avatar
ltl.vamp
Posts: 1476
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:16 pm

Re: FS19 engine sound ...

Post by ltl.vamp » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:10 pm

When a modder makes a vehicle with open doors/windows ... what Sound would I hear? The nice outside-sound or the silent inside sound. Dear modders: don't make open doors and windows! :zunge:
Xbox One X - FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete - Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Still love: Oberlausitz, (New)Woodshire, Altenstein (Redkeinstus), Lone Oak Farm (Frontier Design/BulletBill).
Love: FENDT 900 Favorit Vario (Smety (CMT)) / Deutz D80 ~ Farming Classics (Dogface), AgroStar 6.61 (Giants), Deutz [Puma]

Voradhor
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:41 pm

Re: FS19 engine sound ...

Post by Voradhor » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:18 pm

But if this is a bug why is not reported into the bug section?

eric21
Posts: 6175
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: FS19 engine sound ...

Post by eric21 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:18 pm

Skunkworks wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:55 am
Giants better review the sound, console players cannot just mod poor design choices away. It needs to be fixed.

The constant idling sound even when working an implement is soul destroying. Then the dead quite cab, to the zoom out and sound goes quite, no machine noise. Then also the lack if acceleration sound.

Also remember console players don’t have controller sensitivity settings at all. 😭
Um nowadays tractor cabs are quiet

Astropolis
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Re: FS19 engine sound ...

Post by Astropolis » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:20 pm

I don't know if anybody already posted this, but here is a temporary fix for the zoom-volume in vehicles:

1. Navigate to Farming Simulator 19\data\sounds
2. Open soundTemplates.xml with Notepad++ (or default notepad)
3. Find this section in the xml file:

<!-- DEFAULT ENGINE SOUNDS -->
<template name="DEFAULT_MOTOR" innerRadius="10.0" outerRadius="80.0" >
<volume indoor="0.25" outdoor="1.0" />
<pitch indoor="1.0" outdoor="1.0" >
<modifier type="COMBINE_LOAD" value="0.00" modifiedValue="1.00" />
<modifier type="COMBINE_LOAD" value="1.00" modifiedValue="0.90" />

<modifier type="MOWER_LOAD" value="0.00" modifiedValue="1.00" />
<modifier type="MOWER_LOAD" value="1.00" modifiedValue="0.90" />
</pitch>
<lowpassGain indoor="0.5" outdoor="1.0" />
</template>

4. Change the value outerRadius="80.0" to your desired amount. I changed it to "200"
5. Save the xml

Multiplayer probably won't work when you edit this file though, which is a shame. But it's still a fix.

tommo83
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Re: FS19 engine sound ...

Post by tommo83 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:31 pm

Astropolis wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:20 pm
I don't know if anybody already posted this, but here is a temporary fix for the zoom-volume in vehicles:

1. Navigate to Farming Simulator 19\data\sounds
2. Open soundTemplates.xml with Notepad++ (or default notepad)
3. Find this section in the xml file:

<!-- DEFAULT ENGINE SOUNDS -->
<template name="DEFAULT_MOTOR" innerRadius="10.0" outerRadius="80.0" >
<volume indoor="0.25" outdoor="1.0" />
<pitch indoor="1.0" outdoor="1.0" >
<modifier type="COMBINE_LOAD" value="0.00" modifiedValue="1.00" />
<modifier type="COMBINE_LOAD" value="1.00" modifiedValue="0.90" />

<modifier type="MOWER_LOAD" value="0.00" modifiedValue="1.00" />
<modifier type="MOWER_LOAD" value="1.00" modifiedValue="0.90" />
</pitch>
<lowpassGain indoor="0.5" outdoor="1.0" />
</template>

4. Change the value outerRadius="80.0" to your desired amount. I changed it to "200"
5. Save the xml

Multiplayer probably won't work when you edit this file though, which is a shame. But it's still a fix.
thats exactly what i did :) if you lower the idle to mid value aswell that seems to get rid of the constant idling sound. ive playing around altering the values and watching youtube vids of tractors running to try and get it right. :)

Skunkworks
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:26 am

Re: FS19 engine sound ...

Post by Skunkworks » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:36 pm

*thumbsup* Interesting, thank you. If it can be adjusted easily enough hopefully they can address this for console as well.

I will play with my pc copy to check it out, thanks

tommo83
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Re: FS19 engine sound ...

Post by tommo83 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:39 pm

Skunkworks wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:36 pm
*thumbsup* Interesting, thank you. If it can be adjusted easily enough hopefully they can address this for console as well.

I will play with my pc copy to check it out, thanks
let us know what you think i think the case cotton harvester sounds much better running now with the changes. might try and put a vid up of it.

Skunkworks
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:26 am

Re: FS19 engine sound ...

Post by Skunkworks » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:41 pm

tommo83 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:39 pm
Skunkworks wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:36 pm
*thumbsup* Interesting, thank you. If it can be adjusted easily enough hopefully they can address this for console as well.

I will play with my pc copy to check it out, thanks
let us know what you think i think the case cotton harvester sounds much better running now with the changes. might try and put a vid up of it.
Will do thank you. I did not see idle in the example above but I assume it is the in the file, will check it out if I have a chance this evening.

Post Reply