FS19 engine sound ...

W1der

Re: FS19 engine sound ...

Post by W1der »

Having an aggressive sound sort of makes up for the lack of speed sensation in the game.

But in FS19 the engine sounds as if it is in "idle" even up to 15-20 km/h and then rapidly flats out as the vehicle reaches top speed.
Not much variation ... and also pressing the gas does not give an instant response on the engine ... the sound comes a while after the vehicle starts accelerating.

As I mentioned in another topic ... things are different and takes time to adjust to ...
I noticed changing the sensitivity on my gas pedal to 200% made it a little more likeable.

Also, adding weight to the vehicle (loaded trailer) makes the driving experience different.

I just need to get this issue with controls sorted so that I can actually start playing the game ... :lol:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Generally the engine sounds are better in FS-19 but I'm surprised that Giants still seem somewhat behind the curve with the engine sound effects over what some modders did with FS-17. My biggest grumble is the combine sound effects. Some of the Claas Lexion mods in FS-17 got the sound effect spot on. The real roar of the engine and the general sound of the combine thrashing. If you've ever been near even a small combine going in real life its really loud, there's a huge amount of sonic energy coming from it. Giants have yet to come close to replicating that in the game. Like I said, some mods on PC do a better job.

Plus some of the other sound effects just seem copied and pasted over from FS-17 like the sound of grain unloading from a combine. It just seems like a bit of an after thought chucked in there. Again there's no sense of energy to it.

I'm not complaining too much though because I'm really impressed by a lot of what FS-19 does do right. There's the foundations for a really great game here.
tom5051
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by tom5051 »

Main issue for me is that when you pan the external camera out, the engine sound drops dramatically the further from the vehicle you get. Very unrealistic.
tommo83

Post by tommo83 »

im 50-50 with the engine sounds, start up, idle and shut down all sound great its just the bit as mentioned from idling to full throttle and when you let the throttle off doesnt seem to sound right, outside of the cab.
FS 17 when you coasted seemed to have the right sound effects of the engine revving down. Ive not had a tractor go past me that sounds like its idling when the gas has been let off. maybe they do now more research on youtube maybe lol
W1der

Post by W1der »

tom5051 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:27 pm Main issue for me is that when you pan the external camera out, the engine sound drops dramatically the further from the vehicle you get. Very unrealistic.
I finally got to play a bit and test some different vehicles out.

The sound when you start the engine up is quite awesome on some of the equipment ... the issue I have is when you accelerate I guess.
Also ... really cool sounds when you are in external cam and REALLY close to the vehicle ... like unplayable close.
I might be imagining this ut I think that vehicles sound better when helpers are operating them ... :hmm:

Then, when you zoom out the game goes super quiet except for crickets, owls and stuff ...
I do not mind a small difference, but as I see it, it is way to big ... the lowest volume when zoomed out needs to be cranked up together with the volume for in cabin sound.

GIANTS says this is by design ...
Clever ... design cool sounds and implement a feature where no one can really hear them ... *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

I’m digging the new sounds. The sampling quality seems better and more diverse/less generic. I also like the way the engine throttles up when the PTOs or remotes are turned on, just like it should. Also, the gear/differential sounds are better, IMHO.
Guil

Post by Guil »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:51 pm Mudrunner has great sounds... those dirty Russian trucks, especially the B-131 starting up can melt your heart
The stara st 180 sounds absolutely amazing on startup.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Whats the point of having awesome engine sounds if you zoom out barely at all to see your implement your engine sounds like wind, nature, and owls. Cannot hear anything.
tommo83

Post by tommo83 »

W1der wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:55 pm Having an aggressive sound sort of makes up for the lack of speed sensation in the game.

But in FS19 the engine sounds as if it is in "idle" even up to 15-20 km/h and then rapidly flats out as the vehicle reaches top speed.
Not much variation ... and also pressing the gas does not give an instant response on the engine ... the sound comes a while after the vehicle starts accelerating.

As I mentioned in another topic ... things are different and takes time to adjust to ...
I noticed changing the sensitivity on my gas pedal to 200% made it a little more likeable.

Also, adding weight to the vehicle (loaded trailer) makes the driving experience different.

I just need to get this issue with controls sorted so that I can actually start playing the game ... :lol:
hi ive tried changing some values in the sound templates xml file. i think its made a slight difference hopefully some one else can try as it may just be wishfull thinking. i changed the idle to mid outdoor value to 0.10 from 1.0 seems to have changed it slightly. i may be wrong could do with some one else to confirm lol
DazzElle

Post by DazzElle »

tom5051 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:27 pm Main issue for me is that when you pan the external camera out, the engine sound drops dramatically the further from the vehicle you get. Very unrealistic.
Agree, i don't remember the volume changing as drastically in 17 when pulling the camera back.
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

We did have this in FS17 that used innerRadius and outerRadius functions to dissipate the sound. I assume their sound templates in FS19 use something similar.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Turn the environmental volume down and vehicle volume up in the main menu.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
W1der

Post by W1der »

I did that even before I went in to the game for the first time ...

It does not effect the zooming feature though.

As they wont fix this I will just have to refrain myself from using to much zoom (but it is hard as the zoom function is a lot faster for FS19 over FS17).
tommo83

Post by tommo83 »

Procobator wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:29 pm We did have this in FS17 that used innerRadius and outerRadius functions to dissipate the sound. I assume their sound templates in FS19 use something similar.
Hi yes i can see that in the XML files on 19, i cant find the file on 17 with those values. ive been playing around with the settings in the file mainly the mid to idle or vice versa and it does seem to improve the sound when lifting off the accelerator. im on a 12 hour night shift so dont get much time to search and play around with it.
PS4farmhand

Post by PS4farmhand »

Hopefully we can get a mod or something to fix the "zoom-out sound deafening" on all platforms. Like others have said you have to be zoomed all the way in to enjoy the engine sounds
Farming on FS19 🚜
On console, PS4🎮
Taking donations for an epic PC 🤑
Hmm.... Guess that's it. :hmm:
Oh.. I love emojis 🤪