FS19 engine sound ...

tommo83

Re: FS19 engine sound ...

Post by tommo83 »

yeah its a bit further down. i think thats just a general snapshot of what and how to change. there's a lot of options like combine work, combine stop and all your equipment listed too. i think i spend 50 % playing the game now and 50 % altering and modding stuff lol
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

Thank you sir, will take a look and report back when I have a chance.
Deluvian

Post by Deluvian »

As I am struggling with my controllers, I have not put much yet into the game.. but I watched some prerelease streams when they were bragging about dynamic sound.. so here is my point:

I am not much concerned about the authenticity of the engine sound.. but something related: when I, let's say fertilize the field with a tractor and the tool which is very wide.. I zoom out to see where I am going with the arms.. and then I hear the wind and the birds but my tractor engine - zero to none.. I need to really get into the settings of the game but I have a feeling that there might have been some exaggeration here.. just a thought
--
Deluvian
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

ok, taking a look at the file, and see
<template name="DEFAULT_MOTOR_IDLE_TO_MID" parent="DEFAULT_MOTOR" >
<volume indoor="0.25" outdoor="1.00" >
<modifier type="MOTOR_RPM" value="0.00" modifiedValue="1.00" />
<modifier type="MOTOR_RPM" value="0.45" modifiedValue="0.00" />
</volume>
<pitch indoor="1.0" outdoor="1.0" >
<modifier type="MOTOR_RPM" value="0.00" modifiedValue="1.00" />
<modifier type="MOTOR_RPM" value="0.45" modifiedValue="2.00" />
</pitch>
</template>

Do you mean to change the outdoor value or something else?
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

could anyone be so kind as to paste the whole engine xml here or send in PM...I made a balls of it.... :(
Deluvian

Post by Deluvian »

well, as stated.. I need to spend more time with the game and see if I even have to go down to the config files or I can just simply balance it from within.. USB controller handling frustrates me more than anything right now so I am not playing FS
--
Deluvian
tommo83

Post by tommo83 »

Skunkworks wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:00 am could anyone be so kind as to paste the whole engine xml here or send in PM...I made a balls of it.... :(
haha ill try send it when i get in and yes it is the outdoor value you change.
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

tommo83 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:57 am
Skunkworks wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:00 am could anyone be so kind as to paste the whole engine xml here or send in PM...I made a balls of it.... :(
haha ill try send it when i get in and yes it is the outdoor value you change.
No worries, I ended up reinstalling. I only changed values above but it went foobar.

The idle sound was gone it it sounded like it went straight to mid even when starting. Setting it back to defaults did not help. Bizarre but maybe I made a mistake somewhere and I didn't back up the file. Silly me.
tommo83

Post by tommo83 »

Hmmm oh dear I found out last night I have no idle on the small Massey it stays then it’s silent unless your in cab. All the other tractors ive testedjave been ok
rimcadax

Post by rimcadax »

PS4farmhand wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:05 pm Hopefully we can get a mod or something to fix the "zoom-out sound deafening" on all platforms. Like others have said you have to be zoomed all the way in to enjoy the engine sounds
I think the character in game does not have ears, but the camera has... It shouldn't be that way in my opinion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2gD47tUYB8 this is how it would work in arcade or third person shooter with those settings that we have in FS 19.
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

They have the sound toned down to 25% of what it is outside the cab when your inside. I think it should have been more like 45%. What is nice about this iteration of the game is that the sound templates are all one xml. This means it’s a really easy adjustment for Giants or a Modder. If it doesn’t get patched I may look into making a mod for it.
Danzebub

Post by Danzebub »

Yeah this can’t be right surely? I get to 14mph before the engine sound changes from the idle sound! :confusednew:
Last edited by Danzebub on Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jehnde

Post by jehnde »

Precise Definition in My Opinion, also:

"The constant idling sound even when working an implement is soul destroying. Then the dead quite cab, to the zoom out and sound goes quite, no machine noise. Then also the lack if acceleration sound."
W1der

Post by W1der »

I have environment sound set to 10% ... still hearing birds inside the cab while harvesting ... radio is at 10% or I wont hear my engine ... :lol:

Still, getting in to the game an appreciating all the small details that has been changed. *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
svkb

Post by svkb »

Danzebub wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:20 pm

Yeah this can’t be right surely? I get to 14mph before the engine sound changes from the idle sound! :confusednew:
This is my biggest complaint with this version of FS. If you watch the RPM in the cab you can set the cruise at say 14 MPH and if the tractor is not under load the engine will drop to an idle, it's as if someone is pushing in the clutch to coast downhill.

The combines with a worker will drop to an idle when turning at the end of a field even with the threshing system engaged - completely unrealistic and completely breaks the immersion for me.

The actual quality of the sound files I think are really good, just the implementation is completely off.

To fix, the rpm needs to stay constant and not fluctuate so much. (I understand going up a hill under load, yes they could drop a couple hundred rpm) but going from 2100 rpm doing 17 mph to 800 rpm just because your going down a hill is absolutely ridiculous.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super