Blurry textures??

perwel

Blurry textures??

Post by perwel »

Hi
After looking at some vidoes on Youtube I have noticed that the textures are very blurry close up.
One thing I know from other games is that the Field of Depth is the cause, setting it off and
textures are a lot sharper.
Is it possible to turn off FOD in FS19. Also increase LOD depth as in fs17?

Sharpness of the land, crops and so on is great in FS17 and I would like to
have that too in fs19.
Already done a pre-order. If I can not get similar sharpness as in FS17 I am
afraid it will end up in the trash bin. Pitty because I like the new features
and gameplay things.

Rgds
/Per W
Sweden
Win 10 Pro, i5 11600K 4.9 Ghz, RTX 3060 Ti 8GB, 32Gb mem, 4 SSD, 2 M2, 1 HDD
Per W
Sweden
Kamoore65536

Re: Blurry textures??

Post by Kamoore65536 »

One thing I have noticed when watching YouTube videos is that videos are not consistent in the play quality. I have the ability to watch YouTube on both my 27" 5K iMac and my 49" Sony 4K TV. The video quality is inconsistent on both of them. So I would say wait until you can view the game on your equipment and not from some YouTube video.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
perwel

Post by perwel »

Kamoore65536 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:21 pm One thing I have noticed when watching YouTube videos is that videos are not consistent in the play quality. I have the ability to watch YouTube on both my 27" 5K iMac and my 49" Sony 4K TV. The video quality is inconsistent on both of them. So I would say wait until you can view the game on your equipment and not from some YouTube video.
Why I react to it is because I did not see it on videos on FS17. But I understand what you are saying.
I will see how it is when I get it. I just asked about videos settings in FS19
Per W
Sweden
crash

Post by crash »

Bit rates f... Things up on yt, and trying to match bitrates and video quality between dirent plattforms helps to. Thats my experience converting old video 8 home videos, Making some simple hiking videos with go pro and Panasonic lumix lx 15 in 1440. And many streams look great when there isent much happening, like standing still. And sometimes yt streaming servises limits bandwidth and quality. Even you own internet connection can ruin it. I'm watching on yt app on ps4, no video resolution settings there, so it the app just turns it down till it runs smooth..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
perwel

Post by perwel »

crash wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:31 pm Bit rates f... Things up on yt, and trying to match bitrates and video quality between dirent plattforms helps to. Thats my experience converting old video 8 home videos, Making some simple hiking videos with go pro and Panasonic lumix lx 15 in 1440. And many streams look great when there isent much happening, like standing still. And sometimes yt streaming servises limits bandwidth and quality. Even you own internet connection can ruin it. I'm watching on yt app on ps4, no video resolution settings there, so it the app just turns it down till it runs smooth..
It has nothing to do with video quality.

If you look close to some Gameplay videos eg. the ground grass is quite sharp when the player or tractor stands still.
But as soon he starts to drive or walk/run that grass get blurry next to him. That is the Field of Depth that kicks in.
It should only affect distant objects and ground not right next to you. So I just wonder if it is possible to turn it off.

But I`ll see when I get it.
Per W
Sweden
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

perwel wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:40 pm
crash wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:31 pm Bit rates f... Things up on yt, and trying to match bitrates and video quality between dirent plattforms helps to. Thats my experience converting old video 8 home videos, Making some simple hiking videos with go pro and Panasonic lumix lx 15 in 1440. And many streams look great when there isent much happening, like standing still. And sometimes yt streaming servises limits bandwidth and quality. Even you own internet connection can ruin it. I'm watching on yt app on ps4, no video resolution settings there, so it the app just turns it down till it runs smooth..

If you look close to some Gameplay videos eg. the ground grass is quite sharp when the player or tractor stands still.
But as soon he starts to drive or walk/run that grass get blurry next to him. That is the Field of Depth that kicks in.
It should only affect distant objects and ground not right next to you. So I just wonder if it is possible to turn it off.

Now you said that in the first stream they said that there was diffraction of grass and weeds when you drove on it. Look at the cotton harvester when it runs thru picking cotton, the stalks bend then straighten up after the harvester has passed over them. It was one of the new things for FS 19.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
perwel

Post by perwel »

Kamoore65536 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:45 pm
perwel wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:40 pm

Now you said that in the first stream they said that there was diffraction of grass and weeds when you drove on it. Look at the cotton harvester when it runs thru picking cotton, the stalks bend then straighten up after the harvester has passed over them. It was one of the new things for FS 19.
It is about eg. grass on side of the tractor. Not when driving over it. Or a walk on a narrow path in the woods. Vegetation on sides get blurry.

Last post on this from me. I only asked one simple question and all I get is answers about other things.
Per W
Sweden