G29 Dead Buttons After Restart ? ? ?

HC1Gunner

G29 Dead Buttons After Restart ? ? ?

Post by HC1Gunner »

I’ve had nothing but headaches getting this control to work in FS17, whereas my G27 worked without any issues, so that kind leaves it with software and drivers. I'm on my 5th uninstall/reinstall with "G" gaming software, running the latest version. After hours of trying to get the pedals to show up in FS17 I finally succeeded.

1. At first only the steering wheel, and the buttons I remapped worked, then I finally got the pedals to work, everything was working great, until...

2. At the first power down, or restart of my computer, the wheel and pedals work in FS17, but all the buttons on the wheel are dead.

3 Opened the G-software, and they are dead there. Simple remapped keys like Enter, E, V, etc. would type those keyboard entries into note pad or the test area in the software, but now nothing. Only way I have found to fix it is to do another uninstall/reinstalled of the flawed software, but as soon as the PC is restarted, they are broke again.

4. If I go into Windows 10 control panel and go to calibration for the wheel, and buttons I have not remapped will lit up there, but all buttons are dead in the software.
5. If I try to create a new Profile, no matter what you do, the "OK" button remains grayed out, and NO new profiles can be created. The worthless software does not have a repair option.
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 1 TB - Samsung 990 PRO
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier
LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD 65Hz Refresh Rate
Win 11 Pro 64bit