What convinced you to buy? Rant warning.

traveler87

What convinced you to buy? Rant warning.

Post by traveler87 »

I've sunk 1000s of hours in prior FS releases. I'm a huge fan. However, I'm very nervous about 19 especially as a console player.

A few concerns of mine:

1. Horses seem glitchy in Twitch streams. Riding up trees and hunting blind ladders for example.

2. The dog which seemed marketed as a weighty feature in the CGI trailer doesn't really do anything. As far as I'm aware it cannot ride with you and you cannot even name it.

3. Giants promised 3 maps on release. Turns out that wasn't the truth, Estancia will be released later as a MOD. That's fine for PC players but on console a map MOD consumed up to 10-15% of our mod space in FS17. Why wasn't this delivered as promised? Why can it not be released as a game update not requiring MOD space on console?

4. To add to #3 Big Bud among others things are going to be released as upcoming free mods. That's very kind of Giants but why not as updates? That's not fair to console players IMO. I'm getting the feeling that Giants is approaching this release with a mentality of 'make it good enough, the rest can be solved through mods'.

5. No Seasons support on release *censored* but that's well known.

6. This game costs $90USD with Season Pass on console. Damn that's pushing AAA prices. RDR2, one of the best games in my lifetime, is cheaper in its Special Edition.

7. Multiplayer on console *censored*. Game freezes to sync players, no rentable servers with persistent worlds. A missed opportunity.

8. Build your own farm was marketed as one of the greatest features. Yet it doesn't come with terraforming? Or roads? How do they sign off on that at Giants?

I apologize for the rant, I needed to get it off my chest and I've got nowhere to turn to. I would love to hear from you guys, especially console players, on why you intend to buy the game. For those who've played it already is the price justified? I've been looking forward to the game for a long time I'm just looking for some reassurances, perhaps I'm extra nervous after being hoodwinked by FO76. I'm trying to get in the minds of the Giants team, to understand where they're taking me, but I'm just a bit confused as to their perception of acceptable quality.

Thx for reading and have a blast with your new game.
Gimli54

Re: What convinced you to buy? Rant warning.

Post by Gimli54 »

Roads have been kept out to this point as that feature wasn’t working how giants wanted it to so they intend to add it later in an update, I thought estancia lapacho would be in game as well not as a mod my only grudge there is that I would have liked giants to make that clearer sooner the big buds however and things of that nature in ok with as I didn’t use many mods in any single save game I could’ve cleared out most of the mods I’ve had downloaded and not missed them, the horses are new and also unique from any previous animal so I’ll give them a break so long as they improve upon it going forward, the dog I would have to agree was shown only to be something their for minute asthetic purposes without even a passenger script someone however pointed out that since you can call it to you it might be a precursor to follow me or something along those lines but that was a guess so we’ll see, seasons I love and once I platinum the game probably won’t play much of till seasons comes out but from what giants has told us the game was so far into development that to add seasons would’ve destroyed a lot of work so for 19 I can live without it at launch but for fs 21 I should think seasons needs to be in from day one either as a togable option or day one mod, now all I’ve seen is gameplay so some things I think might change when I get the game tomorrow but that’s my two cents so far
DazzElle

Post by DazzElle »

Being able to place and build the farm anywhere. After watching the streams i was really hesitant to purchase as what was shown didn't look very impressive at all. After a few hours i am already regretting the purchase as there is very little options or tools to turn vacant land into anything that resembles a farm. Where is the option to lay down a nice flat concrete/dirt foundation to build on instead of just placing object's and having grass and bushes growing all around the buildings.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Nothing so far has convinced me to buy. That's why I haven't. I've been a fan since FS2011 and have sank many, many hours into the game. 19 has not (so far) shown me a lot to keep me interested.

Give it a month or two and they'll be some amazing maps out that will be worth playing. Look how far 17 has come in the last two years. I'm sure 19 will be amazing as well. So far though, I've not seen it. I'll check back in tomorrow and see what everyone's opinions are.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Couldn't wait any longer, had to get it, I already know what I'm doing tomorrow
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

forumers told me a patch will fix the rain collision inside buildings. i didn't buy 17 for that sole reason. so i was happy to buy 19. then it seems the bug hasn't been fixed (Steam version 1.1). i don't know what to think -_-
scott63

Post by scott63 »

redglasses wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:08 am Couldn't wait any longer, had to get it, I already know what I'm doing tomorrow
Playing FS17 (or another game) until FS19 is fixed?
tom5051
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by tom5051 »

Plants are still showing up through tractors and trailers. That was supposed to be fixed too.
What have giants been doing for the last 24 months??
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Hyping up a game that is not finished to make money.
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

tom5051 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:40 am Plants are still showing up through tractors and trailers. That was supposed to be fixed too.
I’m not getting any of that. Do you have the patch installed?

It is actually awesome seeing the plants get pushed out of the way of the tractor or implement and spring back up. Looks very real.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
Terrier930

Post by Terrier930 »

Well what a big disappointment. Installed the game did the patch. Grass and crops still go through tractor and trailers. Rain still comes through the buildings. So obviously going to have to wait for another patch I guess. Think the build your own farm has been massively over hyped. Think I will be getting my money back later today. God knows what giants have been doing for 2 years. Anyway back to red dead redemption for me because fs19 as it stands is a joke. Sorry rant over.
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

well coming from FS15, for me there is no doubt 19 has lot of good points. internal editor, bad weed, birds in fields, good optimisation, plenty of vehicles, beautiful maps, nice clouds.. but that rain inside interiors is an horror for me
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Only complaint is big bushes go through inside of machines, crops is good though
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Luckily for me, the build your own farm and placement thingy has zero interest from me.

So Far so good for FS19. Kinda hard playing without GPS, seasons and follow me, but hoping that’s rectified soon.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
scott63

Post by scott63 »

BullFarmer wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:01 am
tom5051 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:40 am Plants are still showing up through tractors and trailers. That was supposed to be fixed too.
I’m not getting any of that. Do you have the patch installed?

It is actually awesome seeing the plants get pushed out of the way of the tractor or implement and spring back up. Looks very real.
Looks real? Have you ever seen real plants? And the patch autoinstalls, so everyone has it,