Move controller settings from FS17 to FS19?

Sandhill

Move controller settings from FS17 to FS19?

Post by Sandhill »

Is there an easy way to use the controller settings I use on FS17 to FS19? Seems a pain to have to wade through it all again...
Guil

Re: Move controller settings from FS17 to FS19?

Post by Guil »

You could chance just copying the inputbindings.xml but there may be differences, worst case scenario you just delete it if there is a problem.
Sandhill

Post by Sandhill »

yes tried copying inputBinding with no success
Sandhill

Post by Sandhill »

Posted this on the Steam forum in response to someone who is having problems much like mine...
Typical Giants. I spent a long time beating my head against the wall to get just my G25 wheel and separate pedals (a load cell setup using a Derick Speare ADC board) to work in FS17. Don't even know how I did it, but once I did I never looked back.
I have similar problems to eelmore420 now as EVERYTHING gets assigned to my G25 (like his button box), and if I unassign everything but turning left and right and Save it, it immediately reassigns EVERYTHING to the G25 as if I never saved. I cannot assign accelerate or brake to my pedals, although like stated above they come up in the deadzone menu.
I think Giants just likes to make life difficult for people who are not using their game specific wheel/panel as they can make a few extra bucks. Every other driving game recognizes my controllers properly in a plug and play fashion. Sometimes I have to calibrate them in game, but that's the worst of it.
In FS17 I was content just having the wheel recognized as left/right axis and my pedals recognized as accelerate and brake, everything else I used either keyboard or button box (my button box does fine in FS19). I'd be ok with that from FS19 also. Not being able to use my pedals means I will not play the game, no loss to Giants lol.
Never have I seen such lame integration of common controllers.
dundikke

Post by dundikke »

I'm looking also looking for this!