FS19 Disappointing

Showdizzle

Re: FS19 Disappointing

Post by Showdizzle » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:14 pm

FS17 was indeed a buggy mess when released and then when they tried to patch it made it even worse for months. People who experienced all of that and then saw Giants trying to make "innovative" changes to FS17 to make it FS19 pre purchased this mess. They do not test their software. Look back at all the discussion over testing in FS17.

More importantly, the great modding community makes FS the game that people want to play. To "Farm Like never Before" doesn't come from Giants but will come from the modding community. So why doesn't Giants draw on this community to make their game into something worthy of a 2019 release?

fenixguy

Post by fenixguy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:15 pm

See I remember people claiming 17 was "unplayable" and full of game breaking bugs, but in my experience from day one, it wasn't. I played 100's of hours before the first patch and never ran into a game breaking bug. It had some issues, but none of which kept me from playing.

Perhaps my disappointment is unwarranted. Maybe I should drop $50 and make my own observations. :hmm: I guess if I had not bought 17 on day one and only went by these forums I wouldn't have bought it.

Edit: Except for the Great Plains planter. That really grinds my gears.
Currently colonizing the Kerbol system.

lefe1

Post by lefe1 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:23 pm

well I been playing for about 6 hours and i'm loving the game haven't had 1 problem..each to their own...... Great job Giants on another Awesome game...

Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:25 pm

lefe1 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:23 pm
well I been playing for about 6 hours and i'm loving the game haven't had 1 problem..each to their own...... Great job Giants on another Awesome game...
Can you customise vehichles because I’ve had no problems

chuckGnades

Post by chuckGnades » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:37 pm

yeah this is my fourth time around with this stuff. most of what im reading here is true. I average 50 fps no matter what setting I have it on, which is ridiculous, but that's Giants. when it comes to getting it right the first time, they're in last place. always have been. at least this time I have fs17. ill keep playing that for now. it'll be spring before this game really gets going.

Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:38 pm

Fs17 had bugs at release but never did I find it to any extent unplayable

marcelinhonl

Post by marcelinhonl » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:40 pm

I played for 30min now what a waste of money. Not even close to fs17.... the camera is a goddam mess invert look Works only on foot not on verhicles. Placeable stuff os a waste to put in your farm.. this game is not what i hoped for..

Brad74

Post by Brad74 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:41 pm

I was thinking about....
Edit by Guil. Nice try to get around being in the queue.

Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:42 pm

It is certainly not as bad as being unplayable... There are quite a few glaring bugs however, and it is a pity these slip through QA.... I did stated back when FS17 released with some silly issues, that perhaps they need to consider a Beta phase for the game.... So far we have found a plathora of silly and some not so silly bugs which could have been avoided for release.

Anyway, not unplayable however. I just hope they solve them soon.

Hulkster

Post by Hulkster » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:43 pm

Played a few hours and so far not overly impressed.

The grass is so long just looks like we are in a barley field everywhere.

Most of the buildings are unusable, and there is only a few choices for placements ( one type of farmhouse, so we all live in the same house or what?)

I also hate the fact when you buy land you have to take on the whole area, just weird when you incorporate biomass into a plot now costing £177000 of which a tiny field and a bunch of useless space.

The biggest annoying fact so far, I sow 3 fields then went to the garage to buy a loader and as I went to customize my tractor for the job I accidentally hit the sell button X and it didn't give me a "warning to sell option" just sold the tractor one click.

Then after I got a new tractor and all the equipment needed to load the fertilizer, I noticed there wasn't even a trailer to load the fert onto, WHAT THE HELL GIANTS, You didn't even play a few hours of this game and you never noticed there is no flatbed trailer!

When you run on 5x or more the shadows from trees do this horrible dance and it's really annoying on my eye.

Over too the modders to make a good game of this.

Terrier930

Post by Terrier930 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:47 pm

Well what can I say that hasn’t already been said. This game is a mess bugs everywhere. Crops and bushes still coming through vehicles. So obviously not been fixed from the patches that was promised. Also rain still falling through buildings. As someone previously stated perhaps they should have released this as a beta version to iron out all these issues. Seriously considering getting a refund already. Because as it stands fs19 is a complete and utter mess.

Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:49 pm

I don't think it's that bad, but i haven't played it long. About a half hour before work. Graphics need a bit of a clean up on Xbox S, being there's some jaggies and rough textures, but i went down to 720p and it kind of fixed it, but it shouldn't be that rough at 1080. Tried my JD and loving that, but the American Map is...quite horrible.

Great for sightseeing but not much else. If they bring Welker and/or Lone Oak over though i should be set. It takes awhile for FS. It's always rough at the beginning.

fenixguy

Post by fenixguy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Hulkster wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:43 pm
I also hate the fact when you buy land you have to take on the whole area, just weird when you incorporate biomass into a plot now costing £177000 of which a tiny field and a bunch of useless space.
This was a highly requested feature and was well-advertised months ago. That is what plows are for.

Then after I got a new tractor and all the equipment needed to load the fertilizer, I noticed there wasn't even a trailer to load the fert onto, WHAT THE HELL GIANTS, You didn't even play a few hours of this game and you never noticed there is no flatbed trailer!
Yes there is. I've seen at least two on live streams being used to haul pallets and bales.
Currently colonizing the Kerbol system.

lefe1

Post by lefe1 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:53 pm

Hulkster wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:43 pm

mmmm. i'm on ps4 and I have a trailer.

PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:56 pm

yes OMG fs17 is so terrible! I cant believe they released the game in this state.. honestly.. everything about fs15 was better.. the graphics, sound, features, prices, animals.. just... everything.. CHANGE IS BAD! I want my money back so I can just keep playing fs15... wait.. whats that u say? we r talking about fs19!? whaaaat? no way we r talking about fs19.. not possible.. I mean.. these r the same arguments made about fs15 vs fs17.. so.. now we think that fs17 is good and its in fact the new version that's bad? hmmm... seems a lil suspect if u ask me
15 & 17 on XBone X / 17 & 19 on PC / 20 on Switch
Stop in and check out our forum for dynamic sales and roleplaying @http://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/