FS19 Disappointing

RODHA

Re: FS19 Disappointing

Post by RODHA »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:31 pm...This thread is updating so fast it's hard to keep up.
I just hope and wish that this rings a bell or two at Giants.
FS19 is an example to what shouldn't have been sacrificed for the sake of good looks.
This game is not played for thousands of hours because it looks good.
In consoles, we literally have half the slot count we had in 17. The number is quite similar but the vehicles and machinery now occupies almost twice what they did in 17. This will be a game breaker when mods start to roll out.
Imo, the only thing that is a step forward is the contracting system. Thats it.
There are so many unbelievably funny things which I can't even begin to understand why they have been done that way...
Like the tractor icon with the implements attached to. The one that was in the hud. The one that we constantly monitor. Who on earth put it on the top left corner of the screen?
How about the vehicle list in the map menu which we use to reset the vehicles? While we were waiting an in-game grouping option we completely lost the list. Are you guys even playing this game?
Chickens that don't drink water.
How about the so famous placeable system? Please put a large placeable in ravenport main yard without paying at least 10 times the price of the placeable.
What happened to "disable camera collision"? Camera collision tries to pass the egg boxes at the back of the gator and zooming my view in the vehicle body.
Ohhh and the eggs. That are sold in liters. What do we do there? Crack them and sell in liquid form?
Etc, etc and etc...
To be completely honest, for new players, this is a great game.
But for experienced players this is just frustrating.
Last edited by RODHA on Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS5 / FS22
traveler87

Post by traveler87 »

Estancia and other Giant's mods that are add-on content should really be deployed as updates and NOT mods. It's almost a meme now that mods will make it all better. It's true that they add fantastic features to the base game but it comes at a cost for the console consumers. Our mod space is limited and this is a huge problem if Giant's keeps using mods as a medium to deliver additional content.

Here's a pic illustrating this problem perfectly. On release day a PS4 player that downloads the Season Pass utility vehicles, the tractors, and the map that was supposed to come with the game has consumed 22% of their TOTAL mod capacity for FS19. I can imagine once BB comes out that figure will be well over one-third. INCREDIBLE. In no time at all we will have full mod capacity and will have to make decisions on what we prefer more - a few more mod pieces of equipment or the ability to play 2 or more mod maps consecutively.

fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

RODHA wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:02 pm To be completely honest, for new players, this is a great game.
But for experienced players this is just frustrating.
Wow... I've been watching all day for you to weigh in. You're one of the most Giants/FS positive members on here usually. That... was enlightening. :frown:

There are a few on here that would complain no matter what Giants released and there are a few that would brag it up and say it's the best game ever even if it's unplayable. Neither are useful. Thanks for being honest ROHDA.

I do have a question regarding the "main farm". Can't that be wherever we want it to be now or am I wrong? All the youtube videos I've seen try to place things in exactly the same spot on the map. Can't we choose to start anywhere or sell the owned land and move?
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Guil

Post by Guil »

Yes you can sell everything you own including land and move to where ever you want, You may need to clear trees etc or even use part of a field but it's entirely up to you.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I thought so. In that case, I'm not sure why everyone is trying to place things in the same spot. Thanks!
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I think its because of the available concrete pad.. until we r able to make roads of our own its just the most logical option lol
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Guil

Post by Guil »

I presume it's just that is what they see others do so monkey see monkey do haha.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I tried to place a chicken coop. If I did it on a flat field (I.e. farmable area) it was 80-90k. On flat grass, it was 20k. The grass was right next to the field so the same terrain. Not sure if this helps anybody but I found it useful
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Wonder if you use the roller first on a field if it makes it cheaper.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:44 pm Wonder if you use the roller first on a field if it makes it cheaper.
I had thought that, but as I can’t farm and eat I am not in the game at the mo to try. Stupid body needing food.....
saltire266

Post by saltire266 »

Having been on the journey since fs13 on PC I must admit after such high expectations and the last 3 months on Oakwood with its beautiful detail I am disapointed.
Alot of good content is gone,the game looks kind of cartoonish .Dont like the sound ,jittery graphics on the train.Could have made a few farm houses and more useful stuff .

The biggest issue for me was after downlaod I wasnt presented with a nice exe file,I had to unzip it load it up,no shortcut on the screen option and now a disc showing in a drive I dont even have.

Looks like a rush job but cmon in 2 years? Should have had seasons rather than the big JD showcase.Horses is a nice touch ,maps are a bit of a letdown,camera is a pain.

Really with 55 employees it should have been a whole lot better!!!

Giants we need more things to do,factories,straw harvest add on etc there is so much more to keep a player involved.

Not good enough
Playing on PC 1080 gtx 4K resolution with HDR OLED TV

I hope modders can save this otherwise I and many others including console players wont be back for FS21
Guil

Post by Guil »

All you had to do was double click the img and it would install as if it was a disc and then play as normal as an icon on the desktop or from program files.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I watched a video today on chickens, I don't understand why there needs to be so much terraforming($150K total cost) to put in a chicken pen, it's mostly just fence. chickens don't need to live in a perfectly flat area. the pen was put into a field, i would think that if the field is flat/smooth enough to work, plant, harvest it's flat/smooth enough for chickens.

My copy was delivered today while I've been here at work, I'll see how things go in another couple hours.
crazyboy1711

Post by crazyboy1711 »

Sad to say but for now it isn't all that. The graphics aren't as spectacular as they made it out to be. The first problem arises as I tried to turn a placeable shed around. Even though I checked the controls settings I could not get the shed to turn around. There are no real spaces reserved for the farmyard so you have to puzzle your way to a decent farmyard. The ground can hardly be terraformed to the needs of you farm and there is no way to connect it to the roads. All this just after 45 min. of gameplay. 😥😥
Last edited by crazyboy1711 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
saltire266

Post by saltire266 »

Guil wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:53 pm All you had to do was double click the img and it would install as if it was a disc and then play as normal as an icon on the desktop or from program files.
Tried that but it had some issues.My point being why didnt we have the same installer as always like all games.Why change something that was fine before