FS19 Disappointing

thumbwiz

Re: FS19 Disappointing

Post by thumbwiz »

Coldlandlord wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:09 pm Could they not have made the game for consoles but require that everyone playing the game on console to use a keyboard, mouse and game pad. No offence to console players but Giants have held us all back to accommodate consoles. Yes they want the sales for all platforms but i can't help feeling that if the game was PC only, like many games out there, then it would have been a much better game as they would have had to compromise a lot less. The placeables for example, could have been so much better but they have had to try and make it work for game pad only users and its a disaster!
Hats off to you guys who are playing this with just a gamepad on console. I can't imagine playing FS games without a wheel, gamepad/side panel and keyboard!!
"Giants have held us all back to accommodate consoles"
This is what PC users like to think and say in order to defend Giants. The fact is, they should (if they don't already) have a different code base for each platform, and features on one may not appear on another. But, why would they put more effort into something when they know others will do it for them at no cost. It's silly listening to people blame consoles for holding Giants back when it's the Giants developers who actually have control. They have the ability to add courseplay to PC and leave it out of console, but I think they just don't have the desire because it won't make them much more money. Or, maybe they just are not good enough programmers to do it, I mean they struggle with the simple back and forth AI.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

"Or, maybe they just are not good enough programmers to do it, I mean they struggle with the simple back and forth AI."
This should be a sticky. It's the most accurate statement on this forum and describes everything wrong with fs.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

A huge disappointment to me and likely many others is the fact that the Great Plains YP 2425a no longer plants Corn... Wtf????

The real life one certainly plants corn
Kgbow

Post by Kgbow »

I must admit, I’ve put the game down. Will not be touching for another month or maybe more. Giants are in no rush to patch.........

I’ve seen a lot of posts regarding RD2 and FS19. I must say, I agree with a lot that’s been said. Look at it like this....... giants hyped and hyped this game. Added a “ton” of new features and even a dog. I was beyond disappointed when I came to find these features either useless or broken. Giants must’ve made some good money on FS15 and FS17. Everyone knows this brand and the FS series who’s into simulation. Why oh WHY is FS19 such a let down?

I know the “modding community and patches will make it better” but as far as advancements. What have they really added? No deformable terrain? No real realism in the soil conditions. The game engine even looks fake. The tractors look plastic. Giants have not even started to push the boat out on this one. It’s almost as if they’re relying on the modders to make it better? Why not just hire the best of them with the extra money you made on FS17 to make a more complete release?

OMSI, the bus simulator. Ever played that? You have complete control over every button and knob in the cab. The sounds are amazing. Those of you who play will know. Yet, here we are in FS19. No internal controls WHATSOEVER. The detail is pathetic. Yes “modders will make it better” I KNOW. But it’s the job of the devs to really advance and add progress. What I’m saying is, Gold Rush (small team of devs) GTA, RDR2, OMSI, X plane. Every release we get progress. That mods only add too... FS19? You have to wait for mods before it’s good to go “No we will wait for the modders”

I’m so disappointed in the initial release, yes I’ll try again in a few months. But next time giants release a game? I’ll be torrenting it before I buy it. Try before you put your hard earned cash on pre order.

As I said, I’ll be playing again, as there’s potential, but it’s a shame that upon release, it’s so un remarkable is sad. Let’s see how the next month holds up for patches and mods.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Kgbow wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:16 pm I must admit, I’ve put the game down. Will not be touching for another month or maybe more. Giants are in no rush to patch.........

I’ve seen a lot of posts regarding RD2 and FS19. I must say, I agree with a lot that’s been said. Look at it like this....... giants hyped and hyped this game. Added a “ton” of new features and even a dog. I was beyond disappointed when I came to find these features either useless or broken. Giants must’ve made some good money on FS15 and FS17. Everyone knows this brand and the FS series who’s into simulation. Why oh WHY is FS19 such a let down?

I know the “modding community and patches will make it better” but as far as advancements. What have they really added? No deformable terrain? No real realism in the soil conditions. The game engine even looks fake. The tractors look plastic. Giants have not even started to push the boat out on this one. It’s almost as if they’re relying on the modders to make it better? Why not just hire the best of them with the extra money you made on FS17 to make a more complete release?

OMSI, the bus simulator. Ever played that? You have complete control over every button and knob in the cab. The sounds are amazing. Those of you who play will know. Yet, here we are in FS19. No internal controls WHATSOEVER. The detail is pathetic. Yes “modders will make it better” I KNOW. But it’s the job of the devs to really advance and add progress. What I’m saying is, Gold Rush (small team of devs) GTA, RDR2, OMSI, X plane. Every release we get progress. That mods only add too... FS19? You have to wait for mods before it’s good to go “No we will wait for the modders”

I’m so disappointed in the initial release, yes I’ll try again in a few months. But next time giants release a game? I’ll be torrenting it before I buy it. Try before you put your hard earned cash on pre order.

As I said, I’ll be playing again, as there’s potential, but it’s a shame that upon release, it’s so un remarkable is sad. Let’s see how the next month holds up for patches and mods.
Agreed. I also hate the CGI trailers they use... I get that the game can never look like CGI but if you're going to have everyone's ideal map pictured on the trailer or the background front menu image please create atleast one map that follows the same landmarks or features. It is false advertising as far as I'm concerned. This was the first FS that I pre ordered the season pass because after playing since 13 I figured this game would knock it out of the park like the last 2... But sadly I was wrong and I too will be putting it down till a few things are changed.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

People need to drop it with the RDR2 comparisons. You're talking about a game made by around 1500 people with a budget of roughly $200 million over 7 years. Versus a game made by around 50 people with a budget of probably about 0.1% of that. They're so far apart both in their production and the type of game they are.

My take on FS-19 as of today having played it almost a week and read around the reaction its got is that Giants can no longer release the bare bones of a game at launch with only two maps, neither of which are up to the quality of what players have become used to with mod maps. If there was an FS-19 version of Oakfield or Lone Oak bundled with it then people would be a lot more forgiving than they're currently being. The bugs problem is being over dramatised. Yeah there's stuff that needs fixing, yeah there's a lot that needs optimised and yeah there's some stuff with the placeables that needs refined but I've yet to experience a bug which is genuinely game breaking.

FS has always been defined by the maps way more than anything else and Giants really dropped the ball only releasing the game with two very boring ones. They really need to sort out how they work with modders and get them on board before release so there's stuff that people want on the mod hub on release day. Thats the lesson I think they should learn from all this.
Irishbuster

Post by Irishbuster »

Dissatisfied 100% for those who like playing realistically this isn't the game for you. No throttle response go and stop that's it, and tractors still slide on a standstill, triggers on buckets and ballers are way too wide. If you drive on grass you can't mow it anymore i could go on. Fs 17 is way better in a realistic way.
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

I was pretty positive about game, but more I play(got over 20 hours on Ravenport) more bugs I encounter. From game breaking to little graphical issues.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
svkb

Post by svkb »

Mobias wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:07 pm
MrMagoo wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:09 pm
Lack of AI in the game is a big deal, a guy makes course play to do just about anything in game yet a team of heads put together can't even get 1 AI worker to work the field right, shows you the game is in the wrong developer hands.
The AI in FS-19 is noticeably better than it was in FS-17. The workers will actively seek out bits they've missed and there doesn't seem to be much of an issue with workers stopping when they get to the end of a V in the field shape. The big test will come when mod maps are released with irregular shaped fields but for now there is an improvement.
I disagree, my workers are CONSTANTLY stopping, turning incorrectly, jackknifing equipment. The AI is worse than what 17 was when it was first released. Remember how bad they were when 17 released. I will say that I did notice that in an L shaped field the worker came to the end of the short part of the field and then drove to the other end to start the next row. So in that regard I was pleasantly surprised.

For me the biggest issue is how the engine sounds work. Stays at idle while travelling 15 mph. The AI while disappointing, I can work around. Overall, though I think the game will be a great game, just maybe released a bit too early. Needed more quality control testing.
Last edited by svkb on Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
Maxxum 135

Post by Maxxum 135 »

I didn't really want to pass comment on the game until I had given it a fair crack of the whip. Well I have just completed 60 hours and although there is nothing game breaking and it is perfectly playable there are, admittedly, some fairly major irritations. Don't get me wrong there have been some really good innovations that I love and the new graphics seem a lot better but, when there are things that worked perfectly well in 17 and are now broken. It just feels like one step forward and two steps back.
Hopefully GIANTS get these fixed ASAP so we can enjoy the game without the frustration's
My personal opinion is that the game feels as if its been a little bit rushed and with a bit more testing a lot of the issues people are experiencing would have been caught before the game was released.
With the sizeable community on this forum perhaps in future GIANTS could ask for volunteers to test the game for a few weeks prior to release so any bugs could be ironed out. this would then stop a lot of the negative feed back.
They are, at the end of the day, a smallish company compared with other game developers, so resources probably are stretched. Reaching out to the community would be a way of solving this.
I really don't think they have deserved some of the abuse that has been levelled at them but constructive criticism should be taken on board.
svkb

Post by svkb »

Maxxum 135 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:33 pm I didn't really want to pass comment on the game until I had given it a fair crack of the whip. Well I have just completed 60 hours and although there is nothing game breaking and it is perfectly playable there are, admittedly, some fairly major irritations. Don't get me wrong there have been some really good innovations that I love and the new graphics seem a lot better but, when there are things that worked perfectly well in 17 and are now broken. It just feels like one step forward and two steps back.
Hopefully GIANTS get these fixed ASAP so we can enjoy the game without the frustration's
My personal opinion is that the game feels as if its been a little bit rushed and with a bit more testing a lot of the issues people are experiencing would have been caught before the game was released.
With the sizeable community on this forum perhaps in future GIANTS could ask for volunteers to test the game for a few weeks prior to release so any bugs could be ironed out. this would then stop a lot of the negative feed back.
They are, at the end of the day, a smallish company compared with other game developers, so resources probably are stretched. Reaching out to the community would be a way of solving this.
I really don't think they have deserved some of the abuse that has been levelled at them but constructive criticism should be taken on board.

Yup, agree 100%
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
western

Post by western »

guys i understand you are upset with game but give Giants time to fix stuff they have seen and heard everyone....
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

There's a new patch right this moment out.
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Mobias wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:00 pm There's a new patch right this moment out.
Restarted Steam. Nope.
Latest one is 1.1.1 released 2 days ago.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
Bruisie150

Post by Bruisie150 »

It had 1 star reviews on amazon earlier, isnit really that bad? I haven’t played yet I have a copy but decided a while ago to wait a month after launch before installing