FS19 Disappointing

dutchman063

Re: FS19 Disappointing

Post by dutchman063 »

The lighting and oversaturation of the look of FS19 is a big reason im not about to fork over the money for a copy... let alone the many other complaints ive read so far
Lord_Beelzebub

Post by Lord_Beelzebub »

tecto wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:55 am I haven't read other posts in this topic by my opinion is that:
jumping from FS15 to FS17 had a big WOW. There were a lot of new things and new approach to almost everything.

But there is no WOW with jumping now from FS17 to FS19.
I don't see much differences between these two versions.

It might be a WOW to someone who didn't play other versions of this game but not the old FS farmers...
I'm really dissapointed too... Two years it's a really long time and I don't see the effort included.
I would say it should take a lot longer than just two years to produce a quality game, especially if Giants only has about 50 programmers. I would say when FS17 released, most of the programmers kept working on the game 2-6 months after release fixing major bugs and finishing adding content via the mod hub as well as continuing to create additional content for the DLC that came out months afterward. I doubt Giants immediately started working on FS19 the day after FS17 released. If true, then Giants didn’t really have two full years to to devote to this game. Not to mention in the off years they release a mobile version of the game.

This is why I say they don’t devote adequate time to make sure they release a quality game. Is it good as it stands? Sure, but I can’t help but imagine how much better it could be with a lot less bugs.

IMO, the game was rushed and not done. They should have put it back in the oven and let it bake.
Bharrison

Post by Bharrison »

i'm very disappointed with fs19 as its still unplayable on console, with fs17 i could pick up and play it from day 1 except a few hiccups with physics and textures not being quite right.

i'm sorry but i think fs19 is a massive let down for me and as a preorder player not being able to play the game is just not acceptable to me.

i was really looking forward to playing the game with the new crops and john deere for the first time and it's been such as disappointment that it's not been possible and when you are paying good money for a game you expect to be able to play it as bug free as possible, when you have to consider folking out money for a tv to play a game it is not good enough.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Bharrison wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:19 pm i'm very disappointed with fs19 as its still unplayable on console
I'm playing it on console... I have my share of complaints, but it's still very playable.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
MotoMies01

Post by MotoMies01 »

Hskrmn8 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:31 am Absolutely 110% agree! Not liking this game at all. Why couldn't JD be in 17 *thumbsdown*
Referring to this comment for me the game was a tease bc i was really looking forward to JD coming in the game and it did but i noticed that there still is 0 forest harvesters from John Deere and that is disapointment for me. :(
If possible or if this comment is visible to any devs add even 1270G forest harvester and 1510G forwarder to balance out logging brands.
Thank you.
MrMagoo

Post by MrMagoo »

Do not waste your money if you're thinking of buying it because you will be left disappointed. I was unhappy at how the AI has been the same for 10 years and has not even changed, we should not have to add courseplay to get the drivers to do what we want in game. You need to bring these modders on board to the team because they can't improve the game. I feel they've took it as far as it can go and it's just repackaging the same game every year.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

MotoMies01 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:40 pm
Hskrmn8 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:31 am Absolutely 110% agree! Not liking this game at all. Why couldn't JD be in 17 *thumbsdown*
Referring to this comment for me the game was a tease bc i was really looking forward to JD coming in the game and it did but i noticed that there still is 0 forest harvesters from John Deere and that is disapointment for me. :(
If possible or if this comment is visible to any devs add even 1270G forest harvester and 1510G forwarder to balance out logging brands.
Thank you.
JD farm and JD forestry are two different divisions which would more than likely require 2 separate licenses
XBOX/ FS22
Josewilliams

Post by Josewilliams »

i think giants need some insecticide to deal with bugs, there out of control. how did they manage break bales. i've played alot of hours on this game and got so bored and annoyed. I just won't to throw it in the the bin. There are so few new machines its a joke most are just cut and paste models, the game looks good but it never really get a night time. animals which is a big thing for me haven't even changed either has grass it just plain terrible and don't get me started on the cut grass texture grrr.
LawnBoyDude91

Post by LawnBoyDude91 »

Honestly. Sticking with FS17 for a long time. The entire lack of smaller old equipment is a real deal breaker. I prefer the Fahr APN and 35-90 horse 2 wheel drive tractors from back in the 50's-80's. Not a wonder tractor. Giants refuses to address offering small conventional balers. Dump trucks. And anything older than 1990 in their games from day one. Tired of you bs Giants. Your product looks like junk. You have morons as your head excutives. And really need to come to America and experience all size farms.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

LawnBoyDude91 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:10 pm Honestly. Sticking with FS17 for a long time. The entire lack of smaller old equipment is a real deal breaker. I prefer the Fahr APN and 35-90 horse 2 wheel drive tractors from back in the 50's-80's. Not a wonder tractor. Giants refuses to address offering small conventional balers. Dump trucks. And anything older than 1990 in their games from day one. Tired of you bs Giants. Your product looks like junk. You have morons as your head excutives. And really need to come to America and experience all size farms.
I am pretty sure Giants would be happy to include these stuff under the Lizard name, but nobody does not like Lizard. Older stuff still needs licensing, blueprints, real equipment for sound recording and photos. There are not many ways to obtain these things, you are asking too much. Only way to count on the free mods for older stuff, which are not copies of the real equipment.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

LawnBoyDude91 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:10 pm Honestly. Sticking with FS17 for a long time. The entire lack of smaller old equipment is a real deal breaker. I prefer the Fahr APN and 35-90 horse 2 wheel drive tractors from back in the 50's-80's. Not a wonder tractor. Giants refuses to address offering small conventional balers. Dump trucks. And anything older than 1990 in their games from day one. Tired of you bs Giants. Your product looks like junk. You have morons as your head excutives. And really need to come to America and experience all size farms.
LawnBoy, your observations are valid but there's no need to resort to name-calling. People won't take you seriously if you address them as "morons".
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Can’t say it’s disappointing. Played the game since release and now there’s good mods flowing around a good map out and some of the essential mods I’m enjoying it very much. Just shy of 300 hours on FS19 so far. For me, that says a lot, due to work and other commitments. 17 was shy of 2000 hours. Since the release of 19 i have gotten used to the changes, some minor, some major. Each update has brought bug fixes and the like to the table, but really have not come across any MAJOR game breaking bugs.

*thumbsup*
Last edited by BreadedVirus on Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Ravlie

Post by Ravlie »

I'm just wondering about one thing - was this game made for people playing outside of the vehicles all the time? Guys from Giants should really be able to do something about mirrors inside vehicles and poor interiors textures... not talking about console. It's so annoying you guys support opentrack, trackir with broken mirrors since it's impossible to reverse and drive with these.

I'm not trying to advertise anything but you should take a look at Euro Truck Simulator 2 and learn from the guys how mirrors and interiors should look inside. If the game had these things and better weather (clouds texture system) as well as physics (trucks driving uphill 5-10 km/h with not so heavy cargo, no comment) it would be epic! That's the only 4 things I'm looking forward to (well probably modders could fix these things but anyway...).
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

They're just a small company. You can't compare them to other companies. Some people are off sick. Somebody had surgery. They're still looking to hire more people.
Did I cover everything?
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

"I just love driving my tractor through my pastures and thinking about the simple life; a life beyond the post-capitalist neo-liberal society. A life beyond vanity, lavishness, greed, anxiety suffering, pain, agony.

Instead a life of canola, sugarbeets, soybeans, seed drills, John Deere, cows and chickens.

It is here in my farm in the middle of my soybean fields I find true peace; and I say to my chickens "God I love farming"
the big print giveth the small print taketh