FS19 Disappointing

Michael5941

Re: FS19 Disappointing

Post by Michael5941 »

thumbwiz wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:02 pm
Michael5941 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:59 am
Husqvarna TS 352 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:54 am He could of only played it for a couple of hours. And lets be honest you need about 10-20 hours to get a good feel of an FS game to draw a realistic conclusion. Plus there was no terra forming
Yeah the op came to the conclusion too quickly almost like the op didn't even give it a chance
So, are you folks suggesting that the op lied about being disappointed? Not everyone needs to do something for 10-20 hours before realizing they don't enjoy it.
There are multiple posts by many other people in many other threads that have complained about everything this op found disappointing. The vehicles getting stuck on invisible objects, the sounds, the colors.
No we wasn’t saying he Lied we are saying he came to his decision a bit too quickly so everything they complained about wasn’t valid as the day 1 patch dropped the 20th the op of this thread played on the19th for less than 2 hours at least and claimed it was bad and buggy given that the day 1 patch wasn’t released I wouldn’t be surprised that it was completely buggy, after that patch a lot of the issues I had completely vanished also playing for 2 hours then claiming it’s horrible? the op didn’t give the game a chance. when I started playing I played for 4 hours and wasn’t getting into it at all but I was going to give it a chance so played even longer and after some time, about a day,(not straight) of playing, I finally got the hang of it and started enjoying the game if I was the op and just gave up after less than 2hrs of play time and claimed it was horrible I would have probably never played it again thus never getting to the point where I like it . A rule of thumb I learned is to play a game for at least a day before giving your review it’s called giving the game a chance . If the op or anyone else comes in and say they don’t like it today then their review is valid as they gave it plenty of time. This is my opinion some may disagree but to me if someone claims a game is bad without stacking at least 24 hours in the game I’m going to say their review is flawed as if they played longer they could have vary well started to enjoy the game this is what happened with me and my enjoyment of the game only increased as time passed Due to bug fixes, landscaping tool, and the various mods that have been released. Again not calling the op liar just stating he jumped the gun on his review. Like I said if he returned and kept his original review then it would in my opinion be a more valid review and there would not be anything to dispute.
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

He didn't say the game was "horrible" at all, that's you making words up.
He was disappointed because the issues he mentioned were not addressed in testing, prior to release.
And he didn't give up after less than 2 hours, not sure where you even made that up from.
In fact he states "Will keep playing and see if it gets better. So far I'm disappointed." Note the words "so far".
People should read an entire post, and understand it before jumping on the op. And it might not occur to some people, but negative feedback can actually go a long way to help improve something. With regards to this game, if you're not praising it, you'll get attacked.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

He did say that didn't he didn't read that part sorry, we got 2hrs because he made his post on the 19th at 10:13pm that about 2 hours after it dropped
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Guil

Post by Guil »

Guys, relax with multiquoting please. Also bear in mind there's no need to quote the most recent post.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

OK since this post has been dragged back up, I'll have my say, The hype on this game was unforgivable, I would like to know why the dog was a big feature in the hype, and yet it is worse than useless, I would go on to say it was embarrassingly useless, If it could round up the sheep into another field and travel with you in your vehicle, then it might have served a purpose or even just a growling guard dog on a chain would have been better than what we ended up with! I would love to know how much thought went into that before you jet set off with your ill-gotten gains, Is this type of thing now the standard for all you're decision making? Is this the sort of thing we are going to get from you people? Is this game Disappointing? YES! and very much so, but don't take my word for it you only have to look at the reviews on Steam to get your answer there are thousands of disappointed players out there and that's only the English speaking one, You will have to go a long way to redeem your selves from this mess.
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

The reviews on steam are mostly positive reviews, I do agree with the dog it is not very useful

Enjoying FS19 on PS4
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Instead of built-in seasons, gps, follow me or irrigation, you got a dog and some birds.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

No they are not! take a long look down the list like I did before you go spouting your mouth off! and don't just take Steams word for it that is just dum, Use the eyes god gave you!
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Mostly positive, Huh like hell they are...
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Just remember people its only a game and quite a lot of us are happy with it and with something as big as this Giants were never going to please everyone.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Laughinggravy wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:42 pm Just remember people its only a game and quite a lot of us are happy with it and with something as big as this Giants were never going to please everyone.
The problem is that they never even tried to please some of us...
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

stick with it as i'm sure they will get there in the end for you all. I have to say sitting in the background and reading many posts a lot of problems people have come across i haven't but i'm not saying your all wrong i'm just speaking for myself.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Laughinggravy wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:55 pm stick with it as i'm sure they will get there in the end for you all. I have to say sitting in the background and reading many posts a lot of problems people have come across i haven't but i'm not saying your all wrong i'm just speaking for myself.
So let's say your plowing you're field and the sun is starting to set then all of a sudden it goes dark in big steps, where is your emersion at this point? or all of a sudden the weeds appear in a stunningly straight line at the bottom of you're field follow by another one five minutes later, where is you're emersion now?
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

I have over 4,000 hours since FS13, including 500+ in FS19. Yes, there are some things I miss from FS17, some particular mods in mind that didn’t appear until the second year, but there are other things in 19 that are superior, especially the contract system. 95% of our time with FS is spent plowing, cultivating, sowing, fertilizing, liming, harvesting, hauling product, the animals, baling, and all those work fine. Other aspects are a work in progress, like landscaping, and forestry has taken a step back, in my experience. My biggest complaint is that Giants seems to try to “re-invent the wheel” every two years. This is the fourth time I’ve had to wait for the same mods I’ve enjoyed in the past, from ‘13 to ‘19.
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

j_maybury wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:08 pm
Laughinggravy wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:55 pm stick with it as i'm sure they will get there in the end for you all. I have to say sitting in the background and reading many posts a lot of problems people have come across i haven't but i'm not saying your all wrong i'm just speaking for myself.
So let's say your plowing you're field and the sun is starting to set then all of a sudden it goes dark in big steps, where is your emersion at this point? or all of a sudden the weeds appear in a stunningly straight line at the bottom of you're field follow by another one five minutes later, where is you're emersion now?
Yes i get your point and i'm not saying your wrong but as i said before its only a game and if your that unhappy with it have you considered sending it back to Giants and asking for a refund?