FS19 Disappointing

TaintedBlackCat

Re: FS19 Disappointing

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

If the dog was a cat, I'd be happier with the game. A cat behaving like the in-game dog would at least be realistic. Sit, eat, receive pats, sleep, eat...
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

TaintedBlackCat wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:19 pm
Once upon a time people worshipped cats...

They haven't forgotten this :lol:
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Sungtun5

Post by Sungtun5 »

Who doesn't like birds, cats an dogs is this how bad the game is?
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

TaintedBlackCat wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:19 pm If the dog was a cat, I'd be happier with the game. A cat behaving like the in-game dog would at least be realistic. Sit, eat, receive pats, sleep, eat...
... and cats walks in reality in slow motion like the ingame dog. Would be perfect! :lol:

I love cats and I miss them ingame.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
JD92

Post by JD92 »

definitely seasons without a release date .. everything else I like it
Richard Dower

Post by Richard Dower »

We need Farm Dog as a mod in game!

Ooh....and a cat 🙂
Oldfarmer2

Post by Oldfarmer2 »

I have been playing Farming Simulator since 2013. Every new version that came out was an improvement FS15, FS17, However FS 19 so far is a big
disappointment. The graphics seem off plus my Thrust-master joystick which worked perfectly in previous versions doesn't work. Don't know what
the thought process was when Giants was working on FS 19 but they blew it. All the hype leading up to the release had me all excited. What a bomb. What is with all this brown terrain? The icons for the products are confusing and hard to make out. Lots of great maps to play in FS 17 so
I'll stick to that rather then waste my time in FS19(Boring). Maybe over time Giants will spruce up this version, Hopefully.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

I think with 19 they changed too many things that didn't need to be changed. 17 did most things right, so if Giants had put more focus on the terrain tool, more people would have been happy.
IMO the Terrain Tool and new/updated placeables (without removing any) should have been the primary focus. Those, along with JD would have allowed for focused testing, and made 19 better than 17.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
OshkoshPLS

Post by OshkoshPLS »

I have been playing FS since you could whistle at cows. Favorite game hands down but FS19 is definitely missing something. The maps feel unworkable at times. The attach icon looks like its for a 2 year old or PS vita or Mobile device. As some said the placeables are bare almost as if Giants believed modders would fill the void. But from what I gather they are having a hard time passing mods and testing them. I just hope they come out with something to change the game for me, like adding straps to the lowboy for transport missions. I get that it wont be fixed for a while and mods may change it. But until that day I believe I am done playing a game series that has always been my go to. From Afghanistan to the US I have always counted on FS to let my mind escape until now. Just makes me a little sad knowing I have John Deere and just cant get into the game with 5 plus hours on each map.
GermanyG

Post by GermanyG »

I agree, FS19 can be bigger and better then FS17, and I LOVE FS17. Giants is just gonna have to work harder at it this time around. 19 has a lot of ground to make-up if it wants to be a contender, even I found the bugs to be tiresome and frustrating after just a short while. Some things I would just smh at bc it felt like these bugs should've never made it to release. But nevertheless a disappointing start, yes, but at least there's room for improvement.
*thumbsup* YouTube:GermanyG *thumbsup*
Lindydanny

Post by Lindydanny »

I came back to it with Marwell Manor and I'm a little happier. Still, there is room to get better. Lots of room. Im holding out some hope.
Kevala

Post by Kevala »

I wouldn't be too judgemental of FS19. I'm a coder for BMC systems (Building Management and Control). Currently FS19 would be classified as pre-release alpha, Giant Software is probably just judging interest in this release before committing valuable resources to its further development.

However, it would be more ethical to let us know the app is in pre-release alpha.
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

Kevala wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:43 pm I wouldn't be too judgemental of FS19. I'm a coder for BMC systems (Building Management and Control). Currently FS19 would be classified as pre-release alpha, Giant Software is probably just judging interest in this release before committing valuable resources to its further development.

However, it would be more ethical to let us know the app is in pre-release alpha.
Wonderful. However I think the community would agree with me, that Giants should have delayed the game until this year to make it more enjoyable. Still, there’s just too many damn errors, rendering, graphics, missing sounds, issues. Rain coming through a roof, why? Landscaping is another thing, you place a silo down thinking the land is flat, and it creates a mountain.

When they released the Land scaling tool, I thought they were taking the pi**, should have focused their work on fixing the actual game.

Oxygen David released his map, it’s a breath of fresh air, however the same remains, giants need to fix the game. FS 17 is still my favourite at the mo, where as FS19 is just a broken game in my opinion. What gets me, this is Giants forum, and there’s not one mentioning of them fixing the game. It’s all rubbish,

With no happy fans, you have a dead business, keep your fans/ customers happy, and you’ll have a profitable business.

I get irritated when people come out with the typical ******** “well the game only came out recently, give them time”, we shouldn’t have to, the game shouldn’t have had this amount of issues when released.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
Harada

Post by Harada »

Attack Wave wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:18 pm
With no happy fans, you have a dead business, keep your fans/ customers happy, and you’ll have a profitable business.
Seems to be a lot of people are far from happy, so unless there is some major improvement in FS19 during the coming weeks/months then the future is bleak for any subsequent releases of this game.
XBox Series S
Kgbow

Post by Kgbow »

Attack Wave wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:18 pm
Kevala wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:43 pm I wouldn't be too judgemental of FS19. I'm a coder for BMC systems (Building Management and Control). Currently FS19 would be classified as pre-release alpha, Giant Software is probably just judging interest in this release before committing valuable resources to its further development.

Wonderful. However I think the community would agree with me, that Giants should have delayed the game until this year to make it more enjoyable. Still, there’s just too many damn errors, rendering, graphics, missing sounds, issues. Rain coming through a roof, why? Landscaping is another thing, you place a silo down thinking the land is flat, and it creates a mountain.

When they released the Land scaling tool, I thought they were taking the pi**, should have focused their work on fixing the actual game.

Oxygen David released his map, it’s a breath of fresh air, however the same remains, giants need to fix the game. FS 17 is still my favourite at the mo, where as FS19 is just a broken game in my opinion. What gets me, this is Giants forum, and there’s not one mentioning of them fixing the game. It’s all rubbish,

I get irritated when people come out with the typical ******** “well the game only came out recently, give them time”, we shouldn’t have to, the game shouldn’t have had this amount of issues when released.
Could not agree more! Then you get topics “locked” as it’s just “negative” we’ll heres the thing, there wouldn’t be any negative posts if the game was good from the get go!

Fundamentally, the slogan “farm like never before” that they bragged on.

Should of been, “now with seat suspension and cartoon graphics”

Look at how long they had to work on it, look at what we got. More people should just be honest and respect their wallet! We have a right to expect more, considering what we paid for. There’s nothing ground breaking, it’s the same game and some people are ok with that, I bet the majority are not. We have a right to express our anger.

You look anywhere and you’ll see more complaints than praise. If Giants don’t pull their finger out.... they’re doomed. I hope the under dogs and people at C & C see this. It’s game on untill giants make a change.