FS19 Disappointing

rydinearth

Re: FS19 Disappointing

Post by rydinearth »

The best thing about version 19 so far is that it makes me appreciate version 17.
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

good point indeed, and is something that never appends to me in other games before.
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

rydinearth wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:18 pm The best thing about version 19 so far is that it makes me appreciate version 17.
The bad thing is that you had to pay for 19 in order to make that determination.
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

rydinearth wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:18 pm The best thing about version 19 so far is that it makes me appreciate version 17.
While you sit in the rain inside your tractor. :-P
Playing on PC
kevthedev

Post by kevthedev »

I HATE FS19.
It's by far the worst FS game so far.
If you are new to farming simulator, ignore FS19 and go for FS17 or even 15. Anything but this rubbish.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

If at this moment in time you say FS17 is better than FS19, you’re a joke.

Not to speak of FS15...
Ignorance is bliss
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

100% agree. Yes fs17 still has nice scenery, but last I knew we were farming not trying to take pictures by the beach.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

kevthedev wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:44 am I HATE FS19.
It's by far the worst FS game so far.
If you are new to farming simulator, ignore FS19 and go for FS17 or even 15. Anything but this rubbish.
. Do not call my favorite game rubbish *thumbsdown* also known as the best fs game yet
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Sorry, but if you think FS15 is better than FS19 you are wrong.

That is a wrong opinion.

FS17 being better than FS19 at least gets some extremely minor consideration because some people apparently hate the clouds enough that they say they can't enjoy the atmosphere.

But FS15 is trash compared to this game. You couldn't even dump materials onto the ground. That's like saying candles are better than light bulbs.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

So what's wrong with it?
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

If you have nothing to compare to then the most current version would be best option, especially if 1 had limited internet. Almost everything that was new or added in previous installments is available in current version.

As for 15, it does shine a little bit on current gen console. I don't have to download every other mod to join open lobbies. Can have possibly the most amount equipment on map. Xbox YouTube's did a video having 999 windturbines, couldn't but anything else. I want to take that a step further to see if there's a slot limit or if 999 is max regardless. Don't really need to put stuff on ground as the silos have infinite capacity, downside is wood chips requires shovel.
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I certainly agree that if you haven't played FS17 then FS19 would be the way to go. For most there are more than enough new features to make up for any subjective shortcomings.

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:41 am FS17 being better than FS19 at least gets some extremely minor consideration because some people apparently hate the clouds enough that they say they can't enjoy the atmosphere.
The breadth of the sky is a bit of a let down, but, subjectively, it's not the only graphical issue.

While I don't think anyone can argue that FS19's graphics aren't technically vastly superior to those of FS17, they are far from perfect. FS17 had a better colour balance which looks more natural than FS19's style which would work best in a post-apocalyptic game. FS19 manages to crush both highlights and shadows - I can see what they were trying to do, but it absolutely doesn't work in third person mode (it works better in first person, but most play in third person).

I wouldn't complain if FS2x had exactly the same graphical features as FS19 if only they're tidied up, mellowed and look more natural than FS19. I think with FS19 they managed to add some excellent new technology but they cranked everything up to 11 and tried to show off those features too strongly. If they'd reined it in a bit (and made the directional light change optional or turned it off in third person mode) then they would have had a game which gave us the best of both FS17 and FS19.

What I will say is that vehicle sounds have generally improved a bit. They were pretty woeful when FS19 first came out (possibly due to the removal of the intended gearboxes), but with recent patches some of the sounds have improved - most still aren't great, but they're better than they were. The Claas DLC particularly sounds a lot more mechanical than some of the base game vehicles.

Lastly, while texturing vehicles and implements in FS19 has seen a huge improvement, making good maps in FS19 can be much harder because of the way they redid the ground texturing. To be fair, modders did want more than the previous four ground textures and that is now possible, but it's also removed the ease of making naturally blending ground textures (such as where forest ground meets grass).
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:41 am Sorry, but if you think FS15 is better than FS19 you are wrong.

That is a wrong opinion.

FS17 being better than FS19 at least gets some extremely minor consideration because some people apparently hate the clouds enough that they say they can't enjoy the atmosphere.

But FS15 is trash compared to this game. You couldn't even dump materials onto the ground. That's like saying candles are better than light bulbs.
Go here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JyP8HXPiIo and you can download this file and it changes the lighting system in the game. Absolutely brilliant.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

eric21 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:07 am So what's wrong with it?
Pretty much everything, except upgraded seasons that isnt their work anyway.

Fs17 is amazing tho.

Ps: Who cares about rain inside the building/vehicle, if the rest of the game is broken?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Those are good examples. You thought hard on those. Funny, my game works.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.