FS19 Disappointing

fenixguy

Re: FS19 Disappointing

Post by fenixguy »

Nah, it's a completely different game. That's why it doesn't work very well. :lol:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Niko0522

Post by Niko0522 »

This.game.*censored*.
I don't know what happened with giants software but these things like the harvester jamming on fields thanks for the too low harvester deck was never before. The FS 19 is a devolution not a development. So many good things which contains in FS 17 is not here in the FS 19.
It looks like that it's just an Alpha version of the game...
Absolutely disappointed.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I think we are being extremely unfair here :confusednew:
Including myself in the first place.

So, first of all I would like apologize from Giants for my initial frustration and want to thank them for bringing out a really good game again.

I know this might sound a bit hypocritical to some of you but in all my honesty, I'm trying to be self-critical here.

I'm over 50 hrs atm and my initial thoughts have almost been completely changed. Except that unbearable lighting engine.
I cannot point out specifics on how this happened but I guess it is all down to how much you play.
The longer you play, the more you understand the changes and how some of the bugs might have occured.
And the game as a whole becomes more and more familiar by the hour.

I think my initial frustration was due to playing FS17 over 2500 hrs.
When you do something that long, you get a bit fused together with what you are used to do.

Now, I'm totally loving FS19 as a whole and as I keep putting more hours on it, some more tiny little bugs start to appear but none of them are game breaking. Except that unbearable lighting engine.

I have no doubt that all those bugs will be gone within a couple of months.
And may be some of the horrible design decisions like the tractor icon being on the top left corner of the screen will be changed in time.

So, If you are one of those people who are simply disappointed with what you get, please just keep playing.
In time you will get used to everything that is new and start to realize the really good parts.

But that lighting engine really needs to be tweaked out to be less intense.
Color tone and brightness level changes on 3rd person view are way too extreme.
They really spoil the beauty of the maps and the game.
PS5 / FS22
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

RODHA wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:53 pm Now, I'm totally loving FS19 as a whole and as I keep putting more hours on it, some more tiny little bugs start to appear but none of them are game breaking.
I can't keep myself interested. I think most of my disinterest is due to Ravenport. That is one of the cringiest maps I've ever seen. Goldcrest Valley is a masterpiece in comparison. :lol: This is coming from a guy that's been with the series since FS2011. There are some really nice things but there are, in fact, some game-breaking bugs.

The lowboy has crashed my xbox twice. 75% of the contracts I try to accept disappear. I've not seen a weed yet (yes, they are turned on). How many tiny little bugs are acceptable before a game is considered broken?
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
SnoFox

Post by SnoFox »

The soundtrack this time around *censored*. I like the one from 17 way better.

I was SUPER disappointed seasons isn't a standard game mode.

No REAL graphical improvements that wow'ed me.

The lack of previous DLC's that should be in game standard this time such as the itRunner pack. Man, i'm missing that the most.

The lack of JD equipment after touting that they have the JD license. I REALLY wanted to see a JD grapple skidder. I don't know what the license is, perhaps the equipment they have is all they are allowed?

The lack of terrain tools. This one is annoying. They make a mode where all your friends can play and make their own farms with you on the same map, but zero ability to edit the terrain to get all your buildings and stuff to fit.

Nothing new on the logging front. Yes they have the komatsu stuff, but meh, nothing we didn't already have. I know this is farming simulator but a lot of people, including me do A LOT of logging. There's no reason we don't have a stock logging map yet. There's also no reason we don't have MUCH more logging equipment. There's so much they could do on that front. I wanna see cable skidders, grapple skidders, fellerbuncher's, processor's, slasher's, and how about chippers that aren't glitchy and just *censored* a whole tree in like they really do.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Ive played both, Felsbrunn is far better than Ravenport, but even Felsbrunn is not doing it for me.
Bruisie150

Post by Bruisie150 »

Guys I’ve mentioned this before and honestly I don’t mean it in a nasty way but why not just put it down for a month or two if you’re not enjoying it? 17 is still there, go and play that again for a while or something else altogether. I’m just keeping an eye on here looking out for when the tide turns and I’ll install the game I preordered that’s still sat on the table in its wrapping!
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

Bruisie150 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:53 pm Guys I’ve mentioned this before and honestly I don’t mean it in a nasty way but why not just put it down for a month or two if you’re not enjoying it? 17 is still there, go and play that again for a while or something else altogether. I’m just keeping an eye on here looking out for when the tide turns and I’ll install the game I preordered that’s still sat on the table in its wrapping!
Probably a good idea!

My problem is, I don't have FS17! (came directly from 15)

Would I be disappointed if I bought 17 and went with that for a while? Hmmm :hmm:
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
Snowmexican

Post by Snowmexican »

Also de branching trees was pathetic how do you downgrade that don't need logging that's what made me buy the game in the first place. One week of mods and almost a quarter of useable download space used up on PS4 won't get very far if this game is relying on mods to keep the interest. I'm sure mod matching is going to be fun to play mp.
HitPersonDrad

Post by HitPersonDrad »

I understand that as time goes on patches and mods will most likely fix a lot of my initial impression issues. I am simply trying to convey my initial thoughts in the hopes giants may actually read them.

The Bad.

So far fs19 feels like warmed over fs17.

I have almost 1000 hours played in fs17. It took me 15 in fs19 to realize the lack of GPS made the game unplayable. I understand it was a mod in 17. However GPS is a serious part of modern farming. This is supposed to be a farming simulator to me GPS needed to be part of the base game and this would have been a significant step forward in the franchise in my eyes.

The new vehicle maintenance system to me is a disappointment. I do like the fact that essentially you only get charged for the time you use equipment. However I think it should have been expanded on and broken down into more phases to simulate actual maintenance arcs of a piece of equipment. Just a thought: Routine maintenance(Shortest timetable) Repairs(once the equipment is starting to age longer timetable) Complete overhaul or out right replacement (equipment is completely worn out)

Lemken Solitair 23. It states right in the description that this is for the Lemken Azurit 9. One would assume its for additional capacity. However it can only be filled with fertilizer and the Lemken Azurit 9 has NO fertilizer capability and a very small seed hopper. Since there isn't even a piece of Lemken equipment that can fertilize. The only conclusion I can come up with is this is a complete programing failure. How does something like that get past Alpha testing?

Transport missions do not provide map markers.

Ravenport seems like more eye candy than an actual functional map. (Played a lot of GoldCrest. Won't be playing much of Ravenport)

This is just with 15 hours of play time. From what I've read there are a lot of other problems that I would agree with, but I will not comment on them since I haven't directly experienced them in game.

Seasons? Real farms have 4 of them.

Crop rotation? Soil PH? Varying yield based on water?

The Good.

It's not all doom and gloom. Placing your entire farm is a serious plus. Though I haven't placed anything more than a doghouse. Simply commenting on the idea of it. Also the land plot system is far superior to the field system. It always felt cheety in fs17 cutting down my neighbors trees.

The ability to use your own equipment on missions also fantastic.

Just my 2 cents.
SnoFox

Post by SnoFox »

Snowmexican wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:30 pm Also de branching trees was pathetic how do you downgrade that don't need logging that's what made me buy the game in the first place. One week of mods and almost a quarter of useable download space used up on PS4 won't get very far if this game is relying on mods to keep the interest. I'm sure mod matching is going to be fun to play mp.
I thought the same thing the first time i cut a tree down and tried to limb it. It wasn't happening. I don't know what they did but they need to put it back. You basically have to swing the chainsaw around like a maniac until the branches are all gone....
nelsonrm

Post by nelsonrm »

I have never complained about a Giants game before. This is my second post in this thread and I am here because the game is so wrecked I feel I need to complain again with more stuff. Ravenport is a total disaster and completely unplayable for any length of time. Now I have tried the other map. Felsbrunn is almost OK but garbage compared to maps out of the box in the past. The harvester problem is a nightmare getting hung up in fields. The dog may as well not be there and is nothing compared to the video. After proudly showing the dog riding with his human I would expect a passenger script for it. The placeables and their "terrain fitting" is the biggest joke I have ever seen in a released game. The wildlife? Who cares about a few birds? Disappointing to say the least. The graphics are still second rate to have a new engine. The list never ends and the silence from Giants is deafening.
A single light dispels darkness
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

cedricthecat wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:17 pm
Bruisie150 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:53 pm Guys I’ve mentioned this before and honestly I don’t mean it in a nasty way but why not just put it down for a month or two if you’re not enjoying it? 17 is still there, go and play that again for a while or something else altogether. I’m just keeping an eye on here looking out for when the tide turns and I’ll install the game I preordered that’s still sat on the table in its wrapping!
Probably a good idea!

My problem is, I don't have FS17! (came directly from 15)

Would I be disappointed if I bought 17 and went with that for a while? Hmmm :hmm:
17 would be a large upgrade from 15 and would be worth getting till 19 is fixed. 300+ mods and like 40 maps should keep you invested awhile.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Grabby

Re: FS19 not Disappointing

Post by Grabby »

I like the game just fine at its current state and price. I have confidence many bugs and issues will be fixed over time, others I consider to be an inconvenience and challenge same as real life
I consider this to be value for a small maintenance fee, like many big name pieces of software out there.

Under the hood there are many changes and new structure that will help with features in the long term, as a Map editor and Modder I see many changes to the game.
The new options for Multiplayer appear to headed in the right direction, but are not all ironed out.

I am not in any rush for perfection, we are in the first week of release, and frankly the people I play the game with are all positive.
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

livesea72 wrote: 17 would be a large upgrade from 15 and would be worth getting till 19 is fixed. 300+ mods and like 40 maps should keep you invested awhile.
I'm tempted! (although having just bought 19 and a PS4, I'm thinking it might be hard to justify more expense!)

Mods and maps sound good, although guessing that's not for PS?

TBH though, FS19 is not giving me the issues that some of you seem to be having - although not played many hours on it yet. It's more that the "feel" of it doesn't seem to be as good as I'd hoped for, and the graphics do seem a little "off", as though it's brilliant sunshine whenever it's not dark. Oh, and not being able to fathom the map page, and resetting vehicles!
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net