FS19 Disappointing

Farmer216

Re: FS19 Disappointing

Post by Farmer216 »

Posting after reading first 10 pages of this thread.
I've logged 4,604 hours on FS17. It is the only version I have played. It has been my favorite game since I purchased it.

In my day you could rent a videogame and play it for a day and decide if you liked it or not. If you did, you could purchase it.
Now, I must rely on YouTubers and other Xbox players who have purchased it. I watch various different people, as everyone plays differently.

I got into FS17 after it had been out for 8 months, I think I will wait at least that long before I try FS19.
Many people are talking about bugs and glitches. Some of them very detrimental to gameplay. I will wait until these get fixed.
One of the biggest appeals was the availability and quantity of MODS. Currently, none available means less appeal.

My observations: (Just my $.02)
==THE GOOD==
The ability to start from scratch seems appealing. (I played that way on FS17, even though I owned fields that were never used.)

Multiple farming "Companies" would let my friends feel like they were owners on my map instead of employees. (I was always very stingy with my money.)

Options for animal farms will eliminate empty pens or pens in the middle of usable space. I almost never have pigs. (I did that IRL, I don't want to do that digitally.)

Viewing options in store eliminates my old method of buying every option for comparing then reloading an old save.

You can now "Skip Night" by sleeping at the house. (I played that way on FS17, but it required standing around with time at x120.)

==THE BAD==
HUD: White lettering with transparent background is hard to see in many instances. (Not sure this is adjustable.)
HUD: I played with the help box and map disabled. All my info was on right side and scaled down as far as I could. Now there is something in each corner.

Graphics: Tractors seem "Cartoony" to me. Excessively shiny, and they accumulate dirt very slowly.
Graphics: World seems less "real" in new version that previous game. (Although this may be due to playing on Plasma vs. watching YouTube on LED)

Slot count is extremely low. In comparison to the last map released on console, slot count is a joke.

Camera collision disable is not part of the base game? How many downloads did that mod have? GIANTS should have incorporated that by now.

Dog does not ride in truck. My dog goes EVERYWHERE with me IRL. I was looking forward to having that ability.

Other players cannot ride in truck/tractor. I used to roleplay picking workers up in morning, but it required them teleporting after I drove to their house.
In-game models should have the jump seat folded flat and coat/gloves on passenger seat of truck. Or some other reason you cant ride with me to/in the field.

Placeables charging for terraforming seems excessive. Terraformed areas seem very blocky and unnatural.
Placeables in FS17 adapted to the land. In FS19 the land adapts to the placeable.

https://youtu.be/s4ABpbxIPFI (Still not on In-game radio)
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
MrMagoo

Post by MrMagoo »

They need to seriously recruit some decent developers for the game before it goes downhill because it's not moving forwards it's moving backwards. I play on a 4k monitor and the graphics is great, I don't think they should focus anymore on graphics, just focus on the gameplay itself and the stupid AI.

I mean they have added silly things like a dog? What is that all about, I'm not bothered about throwing a ball for the dog to chase, they have wasted time on the wrong things. I've left the game for now until mods have saved it because it will never be good until mods and maps come out, they are what makes the game.
MattFendt939

Post by MattFendt939 »

Spent a few hours on it now and getting used to it a bit more.

Probably going to mention the same as others...

Acceleration and braking is delayed.
The engines just sound like they're idling when they're at lower speeds.
Not a big fan of the base maps but not too bothered about that as just exploring the new features at the moment until some mod maps come out.
The placeable buildings etc. has potential but not up to scratch at the moment for me. Need road building capability as a minimum for it to work.

Apart from the placeables the other stuff should be easily sorted.
fullon-foresty

Post by fullon-foresty »

I'll chime in here too I spose. I was lucky enough to have spent 12 years working in the game industry as a sound designer with a bunch of em at Bioware/EA back in the day and worked on some nice titles like the Mass Effect series, Dragon Age series and others back in the day. I don't ever remember putting out games like this in this fashion...it just wasn't heard of. We were making games for the fans cause we knew the fans were everything.

Now seeing games that you can buy that are still in alpha stages like Starship Citizen that cost an incredible amount of money but aren't even finished and other games that are in beta even just doesn't make sense. What happened to the days when you made a game...and actually finished it before you put it out. So many things that Giant could've done differently...concentrate on good gameplay and mechanics instead of weird incomplete new things make me feel they got caught up a little bit in feature creep.

I guess I'll just stick with FS17 for now and keep my logging server going. I really enjoyed FS17 but it was the excellent modders out there that really added key features for me. I thank all you guys who do it, it's how I got started in the biz. Cheers!

Vance Dylan
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

lefe1 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:23 pm well I been playing for about 6 hours and i'm loving the game haven't had 1 problem..each to their own...... Great job Giants on another Awesome game...
me too, awesome game, 40h! *thumbsup*
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

STIHL660R wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:22 am I love having John Deere tractors in the game but it really needs some JD equipment to use them with and why is there no 9R 9RT or 9RX
I did say that JD is going to be on FS19, probably 4-5 months before the E3 reveal.
And I now say, there will be a JD DLC thats going to complete all the missing machinery.
PS5 / FS22
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

hugassi wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:32 pm
lefe1 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:23 pm well I been playing for about 6 hours and i'm loving the game haven't had 1 problem..each to their own...... Great job Giants on another Awesome game...
me too, awesome game, 40h! *thumbsup*
Haha yes another fellow farmer that likes the game. since then I went from 6 hours up to 64 hours of playing. Happy farming to you. Enjoy!
Lord_Beelzebub

Post by Lord_Beelzebub »

fullon-foresty wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:15 pm I'll chime in here too I spose. I was lucky enough to have spent 12 years working in the game industry as a sound designer with a bunch of em at Bioware/EA back in the day and worked on some nice titles like the Mass Effect series, Dragon Age series and others back in the day. I don't ever remember putting out games like this in this fashion...it just wasn't heard of. We were making games for the fans cause we knew the fans were everything.

Now seeing games that you can buy that are still in alpha stages like Starship Citizen that cost an incredible amount of money but aren't even finished and other games that are in beta even just doesn't make sense. What happened to the days when you made a game...and actually finished it before you put it out. So many things that Giant could've done differently...concentrate on good gameplay and mechanics instead of weird incomplete new things make me feel they got caught up a little bit in feature creep.

I guess I'll just stick with FS17 for now and keep my logging server going. I really enjoyed FS17 but it was the excellent modders out there that really added key features for me. I thank all you guys who do it, it's how I got started in the biz. Cheers!

Vance Dylan
That’s saying a lot comeing from someone that was in the industry. I agree, the game development industry as a whole has got lazy. This mentality of, ‘as long as there is no game breaking issues, let’s push it out and fix the rest later’ needs to stop. These developers are charging us full prices for games they know aren’t finished and have problems. I would love to be in a position of power because I’d pass some laws making this practice illegal and make it easy for consumers to sue both game development companies and publishers for purposely releasing an unfinished product.

You would think game developers wouldn’t want to release a game till it’s the best it can be. Not only is their reputation on the line, but you’d think they would take some pride in their work and not be satisfied with mediocre.

This game could have easily waited a few more months to get all assests in it, get the controls right, collision detection issues worked out, tweak the terriforming, placeables game crashing issues, and the whole host of other issues people have been reporting.

We have FS17 to play with all its mods to keep us happy for a few more months till these things got 100% completed. We didn’t “need” this game at this point in time if it meant dealing with all these issues. Game breaking? No, but still sloppy, not finished and unacceptable.

So I’m glad you commented. Your opinion has some weight behind it.
Last edited by Lord_Beelzebub on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stib_z

Post by stib_z »

Hi, I have had every edition since 2009, but from what I see, NOTHING has improved since the "2017" edition, graphics just as bad :confusednew: with no improvement, sadly I have to say, I'm not buying unless there is some big changes on the graphics, rain through building was awfull before, still is I guess. *thumbsdown*
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

All these comments about how awful it is. Same complaints when 17 came out and now it's the best ever.
Sure things need fixing. They will be. It's a poor way to release a game I agree but it's too late now. It's out.
Giants do fix things quickly so give it a few weeks.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
I farm, you eat!

Post by I farm, you eat! »

I found FS13 at the game store for Xbox way back when. Fell in love. Even to the extent of buying a pc last year, and put in over 1100 hours on 17 since purchasing pc. It’s basically the only game I play. I’m not much of a gamer at that but this game consumes me and my time. It’s basically on if I’m at home.

Having said that 19 ain’t doing it for me. I know, I know... diff strokes for different folks but and this is a simulator not realistic game but.... Why all the unnecessary? Sooo much essentially useless land. Ok you can cut the trees, but it being so high priced with no flat “farmable” land... what the point? I love the new way of buying land, but if you do you will never see a return in profit and will have 1000’s of hours of “legitimate” playtime. The dog! Really even if he/she did something... again time and effort into something that adds only aesthetic appeal with no functionality. Effort that could have been put to other use. We can harp all day about nit pick stuff. Yes the graphics are better but they were great in 17. Why not make it play better instead of look better. Chrome don’t get you home! Cotton... haha where to start! It takes 400 acres to make a bale then it’s worth $10000 if your on easy and you’re lucky price is high. Tell me why you wouldn’t need to plow cotton after growing to crop. A cotton plant is a small tree. Very tuff woody well rooted plant that has to be destroyed to say the least for any further land preparation. Mower or stalk puller?!? Cotton at this point has no appeal to me. If one is trying to play realistic and build a farm. They will go broke with cotton. Other than the fact of just going thru the motions of saying you did it. At least can we have a cheaper older picker maybe with a module builder and a dad gum straight truck hauler please!!! Plus, with JD and Cotton why not the roller picker??? Again to each his own. I like to play realistic because I farm. I know what it takes. And I think there a lot of others like myself that wish it was a little more realism. I know they are trying to appeal to a broad audience and so they should. Fix the game tho. Put it realistic switches for those who don’t want it. This post could be a book if I don’t quit.

Idk I hate chiming in but I just don’t get the thought process. Get y’all somebody working in there that’s friggin farmed before.
BrandonD01

Post by BrandonD01 »

I farm, you eat! wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:14 pm I found FS13 at the game store for Xbox way back when. Fell in love. Even to the extent of buying a pc last year, and put in over 1100 hours on 17 since purchasing pc. It’s basically the only game I play. I’m not much of a gamer at that but this game consumes me and my time. It’s basically on if I’m at home.

Having said that 19 ain’t doing it for me. I know, I know... diff strokes for different folks but and this is a simulator not realistic game but.... Why all the unnecessary? Sooo much essentially useless land. Ok you can cut the trees, but it being so high priced with no flat “farmable” land... what the point? I love the new way of buying land, but if you do you will never see a return in profit and will have 1000’s of hours of “legitimate” playtime. The dog! Really even if he/she did something... again time and effort into something that adds only aesthetic appeal with no functionality. Effort that could have been put to other use. We can harp all day about nit pick stuff. Yes the graphics are better but they were great in 17. Why not make it play better instead of look better. Chrome don’t get you home! Cotton... haha where to start! It takes 400 acres to make a bale then it’s worth $10000 if your on easy and you’re lucky price is high. Tell me why you wouldn’t need to plow cotton after growing to crop. A cotton plant is a small tree. Very tuff woody well rooted plant that has to be destroyed to say the least for any further land preparation. Mower or stalk puller?!? Cotton at this point has no appeal to me. If one is trying to play realistic and build a farm. They will go broke with cotton. Other than the fact of just going thru the motions of saying you did it. At least can we have a cheaper older picker maybe with a module builder and a dad gum straight truck hauler please!!! Plus, with JD and Cotton why not the roller picker??? Again to each his own. I like to play realistic because I farm. I know what it takes. And I think there a lot of others like myself that wish it was a little more realism. I know they are trying to appeal to a broad audience and so they should. Fix the game tho. Put it realistic switches for those who don’t want it. This post could be a book if I don’t quit.

Idk I hate chiming in but I just don’t get the thought process. Get y’all somebody working in there that’s friggin farmed before.
I agree with "I Farm, You Eat!" Get someone who has farmed for years and has plenty of experience to help the simulation part. It's always been my frustration that the disks work the same as a cultivator. Here in Louisiana I've never seen a single farmer use a moldboard plow, farmers here usually run a disk (sometime multiple times) then a cultivator or shank plow, then plant. Same with sub soiler, give it it's own function or same as mold board plow, running it before disk or cultivator. Also, I hope Seasons will come back. Farming has seasons.
BrandonD01
JESUS is LORD!!
!!FARM ON!!

PS4 - CajunFarmboy
xterminator24

Post by xterminator24 »

I'm playing on PC and have found ways to keep myself entertained with the game so far. That's not to say I don't have my fair share of eye rolls and shoulder shrugs as I discover things that are broken or unfinished.

I think it's important to recognize the difference in "developer" and "development studio" in the context that blame is being pointed here. I've worked around developers (not game developers), the people who code and produce products for a long time. I can pretty much guarantee that the developers didn't want their work heading out to the public in the shape it's currently in. There was probably more than 1 internal meeting where the developers were begging for more time to clean the product up. An executive decision would have been made by GIANTS (development studio) or FOCUS (publisher) to send it out in time to be on store shelves before Christmas.

So while I have my own share of frustrations on how this product was marketed, launched, and rolled out - My frustrations don't lie at the desk of the developers themselves, but at the studio and/or publisher who simply rushed a product into the market that wasn't completed.

I still hold hope that the bugs get patched, the game improves, and in a few months we all have a game that we can play for hundreds or thousands of hours until FS 2021 hits shelves.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Has anyone noticed that there are double yellow lines and no passing zones on the most straight roads on the maps?

I am about to drive all roads to see if there any at all, but it just feels lazy to me.
jbordelon

Post by jbordelon »

Seems like this place has changed a lot since last time I was here, and not for the better. What happened to FS19? It was supposed to be amazing, it looks like they just added more bugs and re-released FS17. :-\