FS19 Disappointing

tom5051
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

FS19 Disappointing

Post by tom5051 »

Anyone else been playing and wondering when you're gonna get into it like FS17? Just don't seem to be getting the same feel to me.
Just my opinion but I find the graphics to look pretty average compared to the comparison images that were released a while back.Doesn't seem to have any warmth or depth.
The included music tracks are all awful. FS17 had some really good beats.
Tractors etc sounded better and more realistic in FS17.
New Holland CR10.90 with 3162 draper 45ft is getting stuck on the sides of the fields even though I get out of the harvester and take a look and there is no bumps or hills getting in the way. Annoying this wasn't addressed during beta testing.
Rain still comes through the roof. Bushes come through the bottom of trailers etc as well. Wasn't this supposed to be cured?

Will keep playing and see if it gets better.
So far I'm disappointed.
vondeylenfarms

Re: FS19 Disappointing

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Great... basically everything you mentioned I hated in 17...now i lost almost all interest and I haven't even played it yet. From past games I can almost bet this won't be fixed with patches...
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Kain199077

Post by Kain199077 »

I also encountered several bugs, for example TX 32 has a header trailer which sometimes just doesn't work at all and the header gets stuck with no possibility to re-attach the header back and I have to reset them. I have the steam version which is already patched to 1.1.0.0. The pre-order DLC mahindra does some strange things too, a pop-up in the U.I for unload comes and goes when I am driving. Another bug with the TX32 the texture of the hay that gets out is inconsistent and gets darker and lighter, a sort of flickering. And that was in like 20 min of gameplay..... This is the buggiest release from them. I am dissappointed that IT Runner is not in the game also.
Hskrmn8

Post by Hskrmn8 »

Absolutely 110% agree! Not liking this game at all. Why couldn't JD be in 17 *thumbsdown*
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

So far, I agree as well.

I ran into a bug at the store. It won't let me customize my tractor after purchase. I bought a tractor for the contracts (delivery thing), and forgot to set the tractor up for frontloader attachment. I tried driving the tractor over to the area for selling/customizing but nothing works. I tried the vehicle repair placeable but it also didn't work. I ended up exiting the game and buying my tractor again.... this time remembering to setup the frontloader attachment before hitting the buy button.

I'm also having a problem with the (not spelled correctly) roteshmash harvestor and the header. Everything works fine until I hit the "b" button and power it up. The harvestor won't move. Everything turns on, the header lowers and begins to harvest the field, then it completely stops moving. I have to turn the harvester back off before I can get it to go anywhere.

My biggest complaint is with the maps themselves. They look absolutely great. Perfect eye-candy. However, when it comes to using placeables, or trying to organize a farm setup, the maps quickly become a tolerence tester of one's patience. Trying to setup a decent looking farm that looks nice is definately going to be a work in progress..... and I wouldn't put much money on my chances.

Also a pet peeve is the house placeable. Seriously??? We can only place 1 house on the whole map??? Is this actually true??? What if I want to setup a pig farm to the left of the map, and a sheep farm to the right? I can't setup a farm yard on each with a house, and barn, etc? Really? Am I doing something wrong here or do we not have a house to use with each farm setup?

Remember the old days when people would crazily have their horses on the ranch? Well, luckily thanks to Giants, we have evolved. East on the Ravenport map there's a really great 2 piece horse ranch completely setup with nice buildings, equestrian, etc. Perfect for the horses. But try to find an area there to put the horse pen. That's like having a really great sheep yard all setup with great stuff for sheep, but no place for the sheep pen. I mean... seriously??? Who thought of that plan?

In overview, what I thought was going to be a major step forward is so far a complete headache riddled with frustration and even some head shaking at some of the decisions made when creating these maps to complement the placeables system.
Leonara

Post by Leonara »

I own FS 15 Gold edition and FS 17.
I waited for 2 years from 15 to 17 only to get 2 crops, 1 new map, I don't count Sosnovka because I already had that map with FS15 Gold edition. Now 2 more years, 2 more crops. As for the maps, I find there is an over lack of detail, I mean trees, bushes, rocks near the fields or side of the roads.

As for the basic farm the give you... What a joke, I mean really, a bunch of useless, and I mean useless buildings strewn about. 1 Carport type shelter that's actually usable and 1 silo. The rest are useless and serve no purpose, can't be removed or re-sold. The farm itself has no real structure to itself, no real roads, no way to make new ones.

So we are supposed to plop down buildings pens in the middle of nowhere (if you can absorb the ridiculous cost of terraforming) not to mention a real lack of placeables. What the F happened to all the stuff that's usually on a farm. I guess they will leave all the real work to the modders. Lets face it, if it wasn't for the modders, FS15,17,19 would not even be worth the play, or the pay!
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

They are already working on a way to build roads. And if you go into the garage menu you can sell some of the buildings or I could last night on Xbox.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I am still struggling with my controls setup, so have spent very little time on actual game play and instead been focusing on Beta testing the game for GIANTS regarding the buggy controls ... :lol:

As for interacting with the customizations trigger ... It would be "R" to open the menu.
I was able to change wheels this way after purchase.

I am trying to convince myself that there has been a lot of changes done that I need to get used to before I get frustrated over that things are not the same as in FS17 (I remember feeling the same when going from FS15 to FS17) ... :blushnew:

Changing some settings for controls sensitivity and such makes a lot of difference for the driving experience. But still a lot different from FS17.
Better or not ... it is to early to decide for me.
(This is not an issue for keyboard gamers I guess.)

Tried placing objects briefly ... this will be a trial and error challenge for sure ... :mrgreen:
Especially if you want it to look any where near decent ... :chinese:
Sold of the decorative buildings on the starter farm and found 1 spot where I could place a small pig pen ... 1 spot that wasnt even giving any room for adjusting the placement an inch (!?)

However ... there are things that probably will be fixed and tweaked ones the gaming community has their say / bugs are being reported.
This seems to be normal protocol for GIANTS game releases ... and usually it turns out pretty good in the end.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

On PS4...I have hardly placed any buildings and machines since I just started..it says I used 619/1299 in space...so far not happy at all and that does not help. Regret buying the expensive edition
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

muzickmage wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:18 am So far, I agree as well.

I ran into a bug at the store. It won't let me customize my tractor after purchase. I bought a tractor for the contracts (delivery thing), and forgot to set the tractor up for frontloader attachment. I tried driving the tractor over to the area for selling/customizing but nothing works. I tried the vehicle repair placeable but it also didn't work. I ended up exiting the game and buying my tractor again.... this time remembering to setup the frontloader attachment before hitting the buy button.
Because its a leased item, you cant customize a leased item
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

starting to sound like waiting until we got a Seasons.. and an edition that isn't in triple AAA game pricing territory was a good call...

also....could someone try it out and comment on the crane operation controls...are they still atrocious ?

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I've not even bought the game and I'm already disappointed. :lol:

Here's what I've learned from watching live streams and reading the forums. If anyone can confirm these are incorrect, that'd be great. I've got the next few days off and was really considering buying but it doesn't sound like I should.

1. The Great Plains planter doesn't plant corn. Literally the only big corn planter we've ever had and they removed the one crop that it was mostly used for. This is Giants logic at it's finest.

2. The "build your own farm" is broken. At least on the Giants maps as there's no flat areas to place buildings that you would actually want to set up your farm.

3. Can't customize or maintain owned (not leased) equipment.

4. Vehicle sounds are not great. I don't know about this one. Some folks said 17's sounds were worse than 15's and that's simply not true. None of the videos I've seen let you hear the equipment, just the player rambling on (bless Daggerwin's heart :mrgreen: ).

5. It still rains through roofs. This isn't a big deal to me, never has been. But don't advertise that you've fixed it and put it in the day one patch notes if it's not fixed.

6. Crops still go through some vehicles. See #5

7. None of the terra-forming (spelling?) items Lars mentioned months ago are available. Yeah, they're coming later (so they say).

8. The completely nonfunctional dog. Why? Just why?

I'm sure there are more that I've seen. The game looks great, the equipment models are amazing, driving seems better, I like the idea of the new contract system... But it seems, once again, they've released a beta version at full price for players to test. Am I wrong? I want to be wrong.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Just tried customising on the European map and it works fine
tecto

Post by tecto »

The biggest disappointing to me is the lack of seasons :(
BlueShadow125

Post by BlueShadow125 »

this is why i wasnt planning on getting fs19: fs17 on release was an absolute disaster, i had trees falling through the ground and even then it took giants months (and i mean many months) to get the game in a playable non game breaking state, hell the game still ahs bugs but they never fixed them even though they were well aware of them. i knew fs19 would be a broken mess and knew it generally wasnt goin to be as good as 17.