FS19 Disappointing

this_is_gav

Re: FS19 Disappointing

Post by this_is_gav »

Alagos wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:53 pm Now please go crawl back under that rock you just came from.
Probably quite an old rock too, given several islands have been born since the post before his was written.
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

^^^haha you said it Gav. I even saw some of my old blast from the past posts from over a year ago. I don't agree with what I said, FS19 is a different experience a year down the track..

Maybe not relevant, this thread? My own comments certainly are not.. Please disregard. I'm faithful and continue to spend hours a week on FS19.
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I have only one word: DISAPPOINTED!

That some brings so old topic back to top again...

But back to topic, we already got one game what is made by previous fans of FS series.
Called C_and_C, but so far i can tell, that game supposed to release few years ago but
still half done and boring as hell.
wombles

Post by wombles »

bojanh66 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:19 am I agree.
Game is very disappointing.
Its basically just a little bit upgraded FS 17 (added weeds,lime,cotton,useless dog,gameplay wise its the same)
Its more arcade than simulator.
Game engine is ancient and doesnt utilize all CPU cores, which means, game will work at less than 60 FPS when there are 5-10 implements/vehicles at the same spot or when you hire 2-3 workers (say goodbye to building a big farm with 5 harvesters and 5 tractors working at same time with Courseplay)
There are modders who do better job than Giants.
I would fire incompetent workers at Giants and hire a modders to make a proper simulator game (Oxygendavid / BulletBill team for maps, Realismum Modding for new gameplay realistic innovations and Seasons, Wopster for GPS, Courseplay team to make a proper worker)
I do agree with most of what you say, but Giants having control over the modders you mention. Well that just sends a shiver up my spine.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Well, It looks like someone has dragged this topic up from the depths once again, So I will have my say at where this game stands from a good long year on from the last time, We now have a whole heap of maps and vehicles but not a great deal in the form of scripted mod's and that's probably the reason we don't have a cat wandering around the farmyard, as you know consoles can't have scripted mod's unless Giants introduce them to the game, and I am guessing that Giants are deliberately discouraging the moders from making them. I want to have a rant about the so-called new engine that they bragged about at the time just before the release of this game, that was a lie all they have done is bolted on some bit's to the old engine and called it a new engine. Shame on you Giants.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I want to have a rant about the so-called new engine that they bragged about at the time just before the release of this game, that was a lie all they have done is bolted on some bit's to the old engine and called it a new engine. Shame on you Giants.
How dare you say that?
Game engine is very optimized and game works flawless even on low-end PC at 1080p@high 60fps without even dropping to 59fps or below.
Its the most optimized game ive ever played.
Giants never lie.
Oh yea, where is that rock ?
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I await with patience the new farming game that will soon to be produced that WILL run at 60fps on even modest hardware ... I'm sure all these people who know better than GIANTS are hard at work even now.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I don't know what you guys are doing to your game (a million mods probably) but I don't think FS19 has ever run under 60fps for me, except when originally setting the graphics, trying a poorly designed map or just building the cache when trying a new map.

j_maybury wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:40 am [..] but not a great deal in the form of scripted mod's and that's probably the reason we don't have a cat wandering around the farmyard, as you know consoles can't have scripted mod's unless Giants introduce them to the game, and I am guessing that Giants are deliberately discouraging the moders from making them.
That's clearly nonsense given GIANTS went to the effort of publicising the script documentation for FS19.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

viewtopic.php?f=964&t=156003
viewtopic.php?f=964&t=145878
viewtopic.php?f=897&p=1220001#p1219990

The biggest problem with FS19 engine is, it doesnt handle well 20-30 tractors/harvesters/equipments in one spot, even if you have 2000 euros PC.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Just to note for those who get stuttering or lag with Fs19.
On my PC I have to disable the FPS limiter by enabling the game dev commands and turning off v-sync in the graphics options.

Without doing that my game plays like its at 20fps.

Once I do those settings It runs smoothly around 70-90fps depending on the map.

As for having FPS drops when 20-30 pieces of equipment are together I've only ever had that happen when using modded equipment which has way too high poly count or badly constructed.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I've tried to remove all mods from mod folder, enabled dev commands and turned off Vsync (btw its always turned off for me anyway).
Once i've bought 15-20 default tractors, fps went to 40-45.
If i move my camera to other direction, FPS will skyrocket to 90-110.
If i move camera toward the tractors, fps goes down to 40-45 again.
Then i start selling tractors 1 by 1 and FPS starts going up 1 by 1 :)
This all happens on default game with high settings at 1080p.
While my PC is not the best, it is not weak at all cuz i can play 99% of other games at 55-60fps with mix of medium-high settings.
I've watched comparison benchmarks against newer CPUs and I5 4690k OC holds pretty well.
CPU is i5 4690k OCed at 4.4ghz and Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 OCed (a bit weaker than GTX 1060, just a few FPS) with 16gb ram and SSD.
And i am not the only person with such problem, there are countless threads on this forum and many others with complains about FPS drops, even with much powerful CPUs and GPUs.
Game could use some optimization patch, but it will probably not happen, maybe its not possible to do it with current game engine.
kintino

Post by kintino »

bojanh66 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:35 pm I've tried to remove all mods from mod folder, enabled dev commands and turned off Vsync (btw its always turned off for me anyway).
Once i've bought 15-20 default tractors, fps went to 40-45.
If i move my camera to other direction, FPS will skyrocket to 90-110.
If i move camera toward the tractors, fps goes down to 40-45 again.
Then i start selling tractors 1 by 1 and FPS starts going up 1 by 1 :)
This all happens on default game with high settings at 1080p.
While my PC is not the best, it is not weak at all cuz i can play 99% of other games at 55-60fps with mix of medium-high settings.
I've watched comparison benchmarks against newer CPUs and I5 4690k OC holds pretty well.
CPU is i5 4690k OCed at 4.4ghz and Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 OCed (a bit weaker than GTX 1060, just a few FPS) with 16gb ram and SSD.
And i am not the only person with such problem, there are countless threads on this forum and many others with complains about FPS drops, even with much powerful CPUs and GPUs.
Game could use some optimization patch, but it will probably not happen, maybe its not possible to do it with current game engine.
I was having a lot of problems with fps drops and my PC has no bad configuration
Ryzen 2700, 16gb ram 2xssd 240gb rx 580 8gb the operating system was Windows 10, about 5 months ago I decided to install FS19 on ubuntu 19.04 via Steam Proton platform, the game ran normally and incredibly more stable than on Windows 10, the result got better when i upgraded ubuntu to 19.10 the game stays at 55 ~ 60 fps at high settings at 1080p.
wombles

Post by wombles »

I don't think I am disappointed now with 19, to me it has found it's feet lately. Though I might give the next installment a wide berth, depends on Oxy and Calmsden. That map is looking sweet. :)
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

wombles wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:55 pm I don't think I am disappointed now with 19, to me it has found it's feet lately. Though I might give the next installment a wide berth, depends on Oxy and Calmsden. That map is looking sweet. :)
The problem is that we buy the game and then we once again have to wait a full year before it gets to the stage where it's worth playing, it is getting very tiresome.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I dont understand the performance things.. I can safely say the only time I get any fps drops is when hiring a bunch of helpers at the same time to harvest which I dont do.. otherwise its good..

doing the behind the scenes stuff for the trader, I have effectively pushed this game to a pretty substantial limit.. once I even created a lot for the dealership and bought EVERY tractor, harvester, forage harvester, specialty harvester and others like forestry (pretty well every powered machine in the base game) and the only time it started to tax me is when I extended to my extra monitor.. this was with.. idk.. about 200 mods installed.. this is on an upper mid grade system.. I also have chrome running in the background at all times, usually playing youtube with giants forum and the trader forum open and other things like file explorer and imgur.. still rockin 60fps on ANY well build map
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick