awkward acceleration??

mespalin

awkward acceleration??

Post by mespalin »

Been playing for about an hour and I just can’t get over how awkward the vehicle acceleration and engine sounds are. Whether I am in the Mahindra UTV or a tractor, the accelerator is so sensitive, almost seems there is no “light” throttle, the vehicle just goes straight to fast. In addition I get going pretty fast before the engine even sounds like it is accelerating. I don’t know but the whole physics is different, the tractor even continues to coast with the cultivator in the dirt. Hate to say, not liking it so much.
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons
mespalin

Re: awkward acceleration??

Post by mespalin »

I just went 30 miles an hour in the mahindra without the engine leaving the sound of idling?? Anyone else experience this?
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

You are not going 30 miles an hour. In reality you are going over the speed of sound.
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

Awe, ok. That explains it then. Geesh.
JammzTheMyth

Post by JammzTheMyth »

Lol I thought my controller was broken at first
crash

Post by crash »

If you play with a controller on pc, go to then main meny options and turn dead zone to 0 on all the options.. This fixed the lag on the throttle and brakes for me. I can image they did this to try to create a feeling of a heavy machine, it got annoying right away. They could have added a rollout/shuttle shift aggressivenes option🙂
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

Well if someone knows how to fix the controls in a PS4 let me know. I have tried all three and it is ridiculous. It goes from zero throttle to almost wide open, there is no range in the throttle at all. Cruising down the road with 36000 lbs of bales, 15 miles an hour, at idle. Something is not right.
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

I haven't managed to spend much time with FS19 yet, but this was my first impression too. Acceleration and sorry feels and sounds off..

I will put more hours into it to get a better feeling for it and then make my conclusion.
And again consoles don't have dead zone and sensitivity settings for steering and throttle.
Deora

Post by Deora »

I’ve played it for half an hour and i al so noticed the accelaration and the decelaration. Maybe i need to get used to it.
FS19 and FS22 on PS4