Customising Vehicles once bought, interacting with map icons

Geowyrm

Customising Vehicles once bought, interacting with map icons

Post by Geowyrm »

brought my tractor back to the store, to where it looks like the service box on the ground with the icon next to it. Cant figure out how to customize my tractor, or even get any kind of interaction menu to open to do so.

How do you maintain your vehicle if there is no way to interact with anything?

As a Test I bought a placable Vehicle workshop. I'm using Keyboard, mouse and G27 steering wheel. I haven't customized any of the controls yet, but it doesn't allow me to interact with any icons. Like Store icons, loan icons. The little yellow thing that would allow you to say what you want to do with the placed vehicle, or even open any menu. Tried left click, R, and every button on the keyboard.
Last edited by Geowyrm on Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MinionFarmerESP

Re: Customising Vehicles once bought, interacting with map icons

Post by MinionFarmerESP »

Hello, got the same problem.
Cant interact with icons. No shop, no garage, no animal direct buy, no dog feeding, cant strap on by hand, (hand icon doesn't show up)
Cant sleep in game. (no message showing up in or around farmhouse)

I havent changed so far any key. everything is still on standart.
i looked up the key, but nothing happens.
Also i discovered that my zoom in third person mode only sometimes work. I can zoom in but cant zoom out anymore. happens with everything.

But over all , good work ;)
Geowyrm

Post by Geowyrm »

So Frustrating, Might go back to FS 2017 until this is fixed. WTH
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

I have the same problem as well. None of the icons work for me. I can't customize vehicles after they are purchased, not even by using the placeable repair shop. I'm not sure what i'm going to do with my vehicles once they age. If this problem isn't fixed soon with a patch i'll have to consider maybe ditching my old vehicles for new ones. I was looking forward to not having to do that anymore but... well.... life is fun lol.
Geowyrm

Post by Geowyrm »

They will surely fix it, ..... it is just a matter of when. And when I get a new reply here, I get a little faltering hope that I was just making a stupid mistake.
MinionFarmerESP

Its a brand new game, and there are some errors. No game was perfect on the first day.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Agreed but it seems Giants consistently misses very important, obvious, game-breaking bugs. Why include vehicle maintenance if you can't actually maintain them?
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
MinionFarmerESP

Maintenance was one of the most wanted things by the players. In the fs 17 seasons mod everybody loved it. It will take a few days and it will be fixed. Also we as gamers should think about the fakt why we have this problems. Maybe our systems have a strange setup??? Not everybody got this error. Imagine how many combinations of different pc`s are out there in the world. Giants trys to make the game for everybody and than this can happen. we wait till patch. I know i have this error, so i buy direct the tractor setup i need. If i need another pne, sell with "p" the actual tractor and thats it for the moment. *i love brand new tractors