[FS19] improving yield - can the max yield bonus exceed 65% or it is a max?

lefe1

Re: [FS19] improving yield - can the max yield bonus exceed 65% or it is a max?

Post by lefe1 »

Jam4430 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:54 am Osr did not show up as a fertilizer stage after tillage.
for me I used a cultivator and the 1st fertilizer stage showed. but when I used a disc harrow the fertilizer stage didn't show up. The help guide does say to use a cultivator... So I don't think the others work only a cultivators...
Jam4430

Post by Jam4430 »

I used the amazone cenius cultivator. Is there a difference between the cultivators or another bug perhaps? Did you notice any difference in yield when tilled osr did show as fert?
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

mmm.. maybe a bug. I used the bednar swifter sm 18000 cultivator that's the one I used on osr and it showed the 1st stage of fert, and the other one I used on osr and didn't get the 1st stage of fert, was amazon catros 6002-2 disc harrow.
erict43

Post by erict43 »

I have found that cultivating a green crop will not give fertilization if crop destruction is turned on. The tractor's wheels destroy the crop before it can be cultivated under. If you use narrow wheels or a hired worker, then you will get a fertilization stage.
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

Ok so I’m not the only one trying to puzzle this out. I’ve been trying to wrap my head around this new system in 19. In 17 I had comprehensive data gathered by myself on all the crops except sugarcane, poplar and for trees. I used the data in a spreadsheet so I could calculate what I should expect for profits for each crop. I’ve done some math trying to figure this all out and I can’t seem to make sense of it from my preliminary data, which I admit is from running missions, not on my own fields as they are too small to gain more precise measurements. I have even run across a strange situation where it would seem to provide a lower yield but in reality provided a higher one on the exact same field with the same crop.

Perhaps someone from Giants could better explain this yield issue. I tend to livestock and play seasons (well not yet in 19), but this worked in 17 very well for yearly planning, which I feel is an important part of farming.

I am simply baffled by this. In my example on Ravenport I harvested field 5 I believe. At any rate it was 18.40 Acres of soybeans. The first time it was 0% fertilized and had 100% weeds, was good on lime and plowing so I would expect 15% for fertilizer and lime. It would avoid a -15% for plowing, but take a -20% hit for the weeds. So I would expect it to be at 95% of the base yield. The amount harvested was 49,675 Liters.

The second time on the same field 18.40 Acres, also soybeans, 0% fertilized, 0% weeds, good on plowing, but needing lime. So to break it down it would be expected to gain no fertilizer or lime bonus, but avoid both the weed and plowing penalties. This would provide a yield of 100% of the base yield. My final total harvested was 45,042 Liters. I am always very careful while doing this to ensure that I harvest the entire field. So how can this be? I have tried many versions of the math and it just doesn’t add up.
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

Jam4430 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:54 am Just tested it and there was no yield difference between plow, lime, osr, fert, fert, herbicide and plow, lime, fert, fert, herbicide. Osr did not show up as a fertilizer stage after tillage.
OSR is currently broken, it does not give a fertiliser bonus.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

BullFarmer wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:29 am
Jam4430 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:54 am Just tested it and there was no yield difference between plow, lime, osr, fert, fert, herbicide and plow, lime, fert, fert, herbicide. Osr did not show up as a fertilizer stage after tillage.
OSR is currently broken, it does not give a fertiliser bonus.
It shows on my map as giving a stage of fert. As soon as I reseed the field it has 1 fert state on it. That’s on Xbox.
Rage4thid

Post by Rage4thid »

Alright, here is what you need to know. It's a simulator game. It simulates real farming techniques.

MAX YEILD:

Sow your field with a tool that also fertilizes it with solid fert.

After the plants breaks ground, spray it with liquid fert.

After the plants are sprayed, they have 100% fert.

Make sure you use herbacide to weed.

Spray more liquid fert after your use the herbacide.

Once that plants are ready to thresh you cant fert anymore.

No need for the radish, or any of that. Just keep it simple.
Frick

Post by Frick »

Rage4thid wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:48 pm Alright, here is what you need to know. It's a simulator game. It simulates real farming techniques.

MAX YEILD:

Sow your field with a tool that also fertilizes it with solid fert.

After the plants breaks ground, spray it with liquid fert.

After the plants are sprayed, they have 100% fert.

Make sure you use herbacide to weed.

Spray more liquid fert after your use the herbacide.

Once that plants are ready to thresh you cant fert anymore.

No need for the radish, or any of that. Just keep it simple.
So why do the game have radish?
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

If you use a seeder that fertilises, then spray when it’s at its first growth, there is no need to fert again whether you use herbicide or not. There are only 2 stages of fertilising.

Radish is in the game as an alternative, there is no benefit to using it over other types of fertiliser, just variety if you want to do it.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Without having tested it yet I think you could save some Money with OSR. You don't Need very much seed for OSR so you have to compare that with the cost for fertilizer (and maybe time/helper wage).

The pro of OSR is:
- you dont Need to weed as Long as osr is seeded, because you will cultivate over it and the weeds are gone.
- if you use a combination of seeding and fertilizing with the crop, you will instantly get the 2nd fert-state and will not have to hire a worker (or spend time) for another fertilization.

cons:
- you lose time, as Long as you cannot/do not Play seasons. A crop Needs now 4 growth-stages

At the end it is another Option to Play the game how you want. It all depends on how you like it or not. you want to be as natural as possible? then you go with OSR (and lots of Animal-poo) and the weeder and definetly without fertilizer and herbicide.

With seasons on FS 17 I had Zero costs for fertilizer after I went with OSR, then weeding and the last fert state got the BGA-left-overs... Good ol' times...
PS4 und PC
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

^^agree completely^^ fertiliser both solid and liquid is way more expensive to use than OSR, no need to buy expensive fertiliser sprayers or spreaders either. All you need are the seeds. Made even cheaper if you don't hire the AI to sow and cultivate it. If you're playing on hard economic setting it's the cheapest way to increase yield early in your career.
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
BC144601

Post by BC144601 »

You can't go past 100%
To obtain 65%:
You have to Fertilize twice, 25% x 2 = 50%.
You have to spread lime every 3rd harvest, 15%.
That's your 65%
If you weed that's another 20%.
If you plow That's another 15%.
That's your 100%

NOTE:
If you turn off lime, the game will give you 15%.
If you turn off weeds, the game will give you 20%.
If you turn off plowing, the game will give you 15%.

NOTE:
With everything turned off the game will give you 50%, the other 50% comes from fertilizing, that's your 100%

Hope this helps. BC144601
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

This is kind of related - does anyone know if fertilizing a grass field in 19 increases yield? It helped in 17 Seasons I think.
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

It does, but only on an actual defined field.