Why Is The U.S. Map So Trashy ?

Arclight

Why Is The U.S. Map So Trashy ?

Post by Arclight »

Was this done on purpose? This needs to be corrected. It is poor marketing and people are complaining about it. Go to the Steam/FS 19 Discussion Board and read.

Pretty sad. Good way to lose money and customers. I bet John Deere is not going to be happy with this treatment.
MrDaisyBates

Re: Why Is The U.S. Map So Trashy ?

Post by MrDaisyBates »

I kinda like it, personally.
kbw87

Post by kbw87 »

What is trashy about it?
I only played this map so far and to be honest, I kind of like it.
Knottypine

Post by Knottypine »

kbw87 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:23 pm What is trashy about it?
I only played this map so far and to be honest, I kind of like it.
Well for starters, there is trash everywhere. Rusted vehicles, old tires, abandoned junk, furniture, trash around dumpsters, farmhouse is a mess compared to the other map. I like having an American map, but I think they took things a little too far with the amount to trash around the map IMHO.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Just because it is in the country does not mean there is rusted metal and scraps everywhere, and Jim Bob the hillbilly is out hauling junk cars on cinder blocks to make more lawn decorations.
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

As someone who has traveled all over the USA, I think how messy the map looks is actually realistic for many rural areas.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

I live in a rural area on 300 acres. My farm does not look like a trash dump.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Weasle wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:28 am I guess Giants figures that's what the U.S. is like after Trump being elected.

Just because it is in the country does not mean there is rusted metal and scraps everywhere, and Jim Bob the hillbilly is out hauling junk cars on cinder blocks to make more lawn decorations.
I get this feeling as well.
Nestoche

Post by Nestoche »

That was funny Weasle.......but oh so true!
Weasle wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:28 am I guess Giants figures that's what the U.S. is like after Trump being elected.
farmermas

Post by farmermas »

I like it too. Its way more interesting than the german map.

Having said, the placeable farm house is a little trashy and you cant even get in 1/2 of it.. yeah.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Many maps have junk spread around the farm yard. English maps more so than German maps. Stevie's American maps are essentially free of junk on the yard. I used to find it odd that a yard would be full of knee-high weed, old combines, oil barrels etc. because I never saw that much junk on Danish farms. For a while I used a Ground modification mod to add gravel on a muddy farm yard, so that the yard fitted my personal taste. Having now played many maps on FS17 with variable amounts of junk and mud spread around the farm yard, I have come to the conclusion, that, against my first impression, the maps with some amount of junk on the farm yard ended up being the most immersive and the ones I hold as my favorites. They had the atmosphere and history, which I suddenly found missing on the Mercury map (FS17), where you also start with a totally bare yard and add buildings yourself. On the Mercury Farm, the main element in my game was trying to add props that made the farm look more "real". That said, I believe that one cannot apply the same principles to making immersive maps for maps in different parts of the world.

A game map does not necessarily represent reality or personal views of the map maker. Maps are often made to meet requests from the players, sacrificing what and how real life farmers would go about doing things. Going too far with this, some map makers makes real life farmers look inefficient and unorganized, such as placing a water source far from farm animals. The other extreme, the 1:1 maps constructed from Google maps, sounds like a good idea, but my own opinion is, that these maps are not more immersive than fictive maps.

Fortunately, within a short time, we will all enjoy the option of choosing between a number of different maps with and without junk.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

This is your actual real complaint? Goodness, thank you for the laughs op
PikachuTrainer

Post by PikachuTrainer »

Why can't people just leave politics outside of video games?
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Arclight wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:43 pm Was this done on purpose? This needs to be corrected. It is poor marketing and people are complaining about it. Go to the Steam/FS 19 Discussion Board and read.

Pretty sad. Good way to lose money and customers. I bet John Deere is not going to be happy with this treatment.

It was done because Giants listened to feedback from the community that people like to see maps with lots of detail and signs of the world being a lived in place. If you look at all the best mod maps out there there's lots of attention to detail and nice little touches dotted around the maps that they're lived in working environments. I'm not a huge fan of the overall design of the base game maps but I applaud Giants for putting in far more detail than there ever was with past base game maps.

Also, Giants will allow modders to use all the new models used in these new maps for their own maps.
dchild59

Post by dchild59 »

I really don't understand why people are getting so upset about this. It's a game!
I see people are leaving bad reviews on steam because there is trash on the map! Does that really justify a bad review on a game?