Farming Simulator 19 Review

ReubyJuice

Farming Simulator 19 Review

Post by ReubyJuice »

I've written a review of FS19, if anybody is interested in reading it. It's a bit long, but I had lots to say about the game. Would be happy to hear any feedback on it!

https://www.scholarlygamers.com/review/ ... 19-review/
Tutorials and roleplay at youtube.com/reubyjuice and FS streams at twitch.tv/reubyjuice
corvey

Re: Farming Simulator 19 Review

Post by corvey »

ReubyJuice wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:22 pm I've written a review of FS19, if anybody is interested in reading it. It's a bit long, but I had lots to say about the game. Would be happy to hear any feedback on it!

https://www.scholarlygamers.com/review/ ... 19-review/
"Would be happy to hear any feedback on it!"

I'm going to be quite frank about your little article. That's not a review, that's called ass kissing. There are many issues with the game you failed to acknowledge in your so called "review." If you had even played the game, you would have surely discovered something, anything negative to say about it besides clipping a stupid lamppost.

Seriously, don't even get me going about multiplayer. Having to pay for another key code and again with all the dlc to run your own server only to have a "Synchronizing Datafest" with all the other players constantly connecting and waiting - that is the crappiest server code ever - yet no one from Giants confronts this issue to the public. You contradict yourself following the blatant lie right on Steam's front FS19 page describing the game's engine as a "complete overhaul" by admitting it still has the same limitation as FS17.

What really ticks me off me off right now is nobody on this forum is acknowledging the night to day transition issue and vice versa for the evening (e.g. from 5:29am to 5:30am with several steps afterwards). It's frickin' atrocious.
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

Steam, metacritic, and PCexpress have quite contrasting reviews than yours. I agree with the poster above. Please remove the rose colored glasses and take a step back and give the game a critical look.
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I haven’t read said review as I honestly don’t see how one can be given with the game not even being out for 24 hours.
I haven’t even gotten to 24 hours within a game yet
tom5051
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by tom5051 »

sorry but your article is a load of horse **** and i'm going to spread it on my field for fert.
Lord_Beelzebub

Post by Lord_Beelzebub »

Agreed, you shouldn’t write an article unless you’ve played it. It looks like you just took a bunch of articles from other people that have been written over the past few month and reworded it to make it your own.

This game buggy as hell. It wasn’t ready to be released and I’ll bet Giants knew it. But hey, gotta get the game out for the holidays regardless, so you they can rake in the money, that they clearly DON’T deserve!
Hawke67

Post by Hawke67 »

Procobator wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:48 am Please remove the rose colored glasses and take a step back and give the game a critical look.
Yes, for christ sake stop liking the game and start whining about it like we do, blasphemer. Are you for real? The guy likes the game and for that you all start raining fire and brimstone over him? The review is fine for what it is, one persons opinion about a game.

Cheers
IowaFarmer34

Post by IowaFarmer34 »

Haha Tom... that’s a good one!

I agree with the others, after playing FS17 for ~1000 hrs it only took 1 to realize how horribly this game missed on expectations. Huge step back from FS17.

You must be from the USA, your journalism is on par with the phony BS peddled by most major news outlets believing that readers are too stupid to comprehend reality..
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

well I been playing it for 10 hours. yes the 1st 2 hours where getting to me to learn all the new stuff but after that's i'm really liking this game. everyones saying it's unplayable I for the life of me cannot see where this game is unplayable. I flipped the tractor 2 times found out if I turn the steering back feed up have it set to 90% now I don't have any problems with the tractors. so far on my 10 hours of play the only bug I found is you can't strap down stuff doing transporting missions but it's not unplayable. people say crops still come through the cab, so I drive a tractor through a corn field yes once in awhile a corn stock will come through the cab is it unplayable, no. and people are saying about when it turn from day to night or night from day has a bug well I watched them both and I didn't see anything that you would say it's unplayable. like I said the first 2 hour that I was playing was kind of frustrating but once I figured out everything i'm really liking this game. and yes the placeable do need some help but it's still not unplayable you just need to find the best spot to place things like when I placed the chicken coop where I wanted it was going to cost me about $50,000 to $60.000 when it only cost $20,000 but I moved it more north of my spot and it only cost me $23,000, this game makes you think before you do things that is why I like about. it's not fast money but that is what everyone wants fast money, not me. so if you like it or don't like it why does everyone have to attack other people, I just don't get it, I think a lot of it is some people need to grow up a little. if you don't like the game sell it or get your money back and quit putting others down that do like it.....
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Have u noticed it's the same people moaning since fs15 or fs17? Yet they are still playing it.
ReubyJuice

Post by ReubyJuice »

Thanks to all for your, shall we say candid responses. Even harsh criticism can help me grow as a writer, which is why I asked for feedback.

Rather than quoting everyone I'll just address a couple general points:

1. I received a press copy roughly a week ago and have probably 30ish hours in the game already. In that time, I have yet to encounter any major issues. I addressed the minor ones that I ran into in the review. It seems that everyone is having different experiences with the game when it comes to bugs, and it's possible that I just got lucky and didn't run into many. Regardless that's been my experience with the game. I can't comment on bugs that other people are experiencing in my review, since it's about my own opinion. Plus, since I wrote the review before the game officially released, there was no way to know about the bugs other people would encounter.

2. The fact that someone would accuse me of plagiarism, particularly saying that it seems like I just cobbled together articles that others have written, stings. I have been writing articles on the game for over a year, and the few times that I have taken anything from another source, I have cited them and linked to the original source. In the case of this review, if anything I guess I may have borrowed from myself? Accusing someone of that is pretty low if you have no evidence of it. The same goes for the accusation of "phony BS" akin to major American news outlets (which, by the way, I'm not American, not that it's even really relevant).

At the end of the day, perhaps I'm just an overly positive person, according to some of you. However, I can be critical where it's warranted, and I simply felt that I didn't encounter anything in the game (outside of the several negative points that I mentioned) that was worth mentioning. If we don't agree, or if you had a different experience, that's perfectly ok. I'm open to hearing others' experiences with the game, and why or how they didn't line up with mine. The only valid counterpoint I saw was about the multiplayer, which I explicitly stated in the review that I hadn't yet tested (hence, "Review in Progress"). The rest was simply saying I was too positive, without any evidence of counterpoints.
Tutorials and roleplay at youtube.com/reubyjuice and FS streams at twitch.tv/reubyjuice
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

lefe1 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:53 am well I been playing it for 10 hours. yes the 1st 2 hours where getting to me to learn all the new stuff but after that's i'm really liking this game. everyones saying it's unplayable I for the life of me cannot see where this game is unplayable. I flipped the tractor 2 times found out if I turn the steering back feed up have it set to 90% now I don't have any problems with the tractors. so far on my 10 hours of play the only bug I found is you can't strap down stuff doing transporting missions but it's not unplayable. people say crops still come through the cab, so I drive a tractor through a corn field yes once in awhile a corn stock will come through the cab is it unplayable, no. and people are saying about when it turn from day to night or night from day has a bug well I watched them both and I didn't see anything that you would say it's unplayable. like I said the first 2 hour that I was playing was kind of frustrating but once I figured out everything i'm really liking this game. and yes the placeable do need some help but it's still not unplayable you just need to find the best spot to place things like when I placed the chicken coop where I wanted it was going to cost me about $50,000 to $60.000 when it only cost $20,000 but I moved it more north of my spot and it only cost me $23,000, this game makes you think before you do things that is why I like about. it's not fast money but that is what everyone wants fast money, not me. so if you like it or don't like it why does everyone have to attack other people, I just don't get it, I think a lot of it is some people need to grow up a little. if you don't like the game sell it or get your money back and quit putting others down that do like it.....
Your on fire! Bravo my friend, absolutely agree on everything you said, its like the right side of the tractor has 1 brand of tires, and the other side of the tractor has the other brand, its not playable anymore because of that, get real people, it still gets you to point A to point B right, my Expedition had multiple different tire brands on all 4 corners, it dont make the vehicle undriveable now does it? Of course not, all new games have bugs, its the way it goes, so if you dont like it, begone with you, otherwise leave the others in peace.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

lefe1 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:53 am well I been playing it for 10 hours. yes the 1st 2 hours where getting to me to learn all the new stuff but after that's i'm really liking this game.
I’m in the same boat. I think I spent so much time on 17 (and those before it) that the first few couple of hours with 19 were almost “traumatic” due to the changes to control mapping and general gameplay mechanics. Now, though, I’m mainly missing a few of my favorite mods and I’m actually pretty pleased overall. Yes, there are a couple of warts. But! The new details are awesome, the physics (motion, tractor behavior, etc) are better, sound is better, etc. And some of the new machines are awesome!

As for the actual topic: I admit I didn’t read the review, simply because I don’t need to. (I already bought the game and, so, I can form my own opinion.) That said, though, I do think common decency suggests folks should ease up on the OP. As they say, opinions are like a—holes; everyone has one. But, that doesn’t mean one should show theirs because someone else shared one...
MrDaisyBates

Post by MrDaisyBates »

Good on you standing up for yourself, Reuby.

I thought your review was fine and it's getting kinda old seeing gamers complete vomit on something like it's the worst POS ever made.

I agree the game is rough around the edges, peeps. I agree it probably could have had a little more testing done, but I also know most of the major game breaking type bugs will be polished out fast. It needs a lot of optimization (lots of stuttering and stuff on console), but the game is (just about) a complete game--a few official mods over the next couple days will smooth things out.

Most of this won't matter in a week once it's corrected. Then the forums will be quiet and we'll never come back again because everything will be fine.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

The game is "just about" a complete game.

It is that type of logic with any game and buying unfinished product is what got us into this problem in the first place. We spend our hard earned money on this product.

Would you buy half a car? Would you buy a steak at a restaurant that had a few bites taken out of it already?

No.

People just kept accepting games that were not ready, unfinished, full of bugs, with DLC removed from the game just so it could be reintroduced at a later time to milk customers of even more cash. These game companies are laughing and taking your money hand over fist for putting out half assery games. It is not acceptable and people just keep accepting it and keep the trend going. I guess a fool and their money are parted quickly.

If you want an honest review away from fan bois. Read reddit. Here is a gem.

"Farm like never before is what they said, I've never farmed wanting to smash something before, so they picked the right slogan for sure."