buying land ?

gigemaggs99

buying land ?

Post by gigemaggs99 »

I'm trying the hard difficulty (not sure of the name) but it's the farthest one on the right when you start up.

I have no equipment, no land and $500,000. I'm able to accept contracts and lease equipment. I can also buy equipment at the store but looking around the map see no empty land or land for sale.

I was kinda wanting to start a small farm, have a few animals enough to produce manure and keep it kinda small if possible.

How/where do you buy land? Is it like 17 where I have to do enough jobs for others before they like me and then eventually offer the land for sale?
Wyvern

Re: buying land ?

Post by Wyvern »

Did you press X to open up the land purchase screen?
gigemaggs99

Post by gigemaggs99 »

Wyvern wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:49 am Did you press X to open up the land purchase screen?
No, I'll try that, thank you.
Guil

Post by Guil »

It's the left stuck if on console
markare

Post by markare »

Open the pause menu map that shows all the crop and vehicle info. Press in left stick to show land information. Use the right stick to move your cursor over each patch of land then press in right stick to view the land, it will highlight all the land you get with the purchase and tell you how much it costs. You then press x/Square to buy the land/area.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
gigemaggs99

Post by gigemaggs99 »

markare wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:17 am Open the pause menu map that shows all the crop and vehicle info. Press in left stick to show land information. Use the right stick to move your cursor over each patch of land then press in right stick to view the land, it will highlight all the land you get with the purchase and tell you how much it costs. You then press x/Square to buy the land/area.

Maybe I'm missing something simple, and I don't know if it matters playing on the hardest difficulty but when I look at the map all the farms are owned by other farmers. There are no spots for sale.

When I do some contracts they will have a +2 or +5 next to them, I'm wondering if I have to do multiple contracts with them before the land becomes available for purchase?
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

The entire map is for sale on every difficulty.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
markare

Post by markare »

gigemaggs99 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:03 pm

Maybe I'm missing something simple, and I don't know if it matters playing on the hardest difficulty but when I look at the map all the farms are owned by other farmers. There are no spots for sale.

When I do some contracts they will have a +2 or +5 next to them, I'm wondering if I have to do multiple contracts with them before the land becomes available for purchase?
Highlight the field/land area like I described it will show you the price to buy it.
The numbers you see for the contracts are how many other pieces of equipment is going to be leased to do the job. It only shows you 3 or 4 then has a +2 +3etc, meaning an extra 2 or 3 pieces that will be leased to you.

A fenixguy said all areas are available to buy. Not sure if the price reduces like it did in 17when you do jobs for other farmers. I have only done one contract so far and didn't check prices before and after to buy the area.

When on the map press in your left stick it will change the map to show all areas, grass fields forests and land, use your right stick to control the cursor over land and press it in to select it. The are you get with the purchase then highlights in the colour of your farm. The price is right underneath that says x to buy and the price ( square on PS4) usually upwards of 150k for land.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
gigemaggs99

Post by gigemaggs99 »

Thank you! It worked like a champ! Thank you.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Does anyone know what the point is of buying sections of the town or even land with the sell points on them? Does buying land with a crop sell point just give you another storage space?