Get a grip Giants!!!! This is what testers are for!!

JimmyD911GT

Get a grip Giants!!!! This is what testers are for!!

Post by JimmyD911GT »

I have played this game since launch, and after a few hours found many bugs that will ruin the experience. Does this game not get tested???? C’mon Giants, I could understand if it was your first game but the franchise being as big as it is this should be sorted by now!! Pre-ordered every copy, a big fan of the game, this can’t continue.
Last edited by JimmyD911GT on Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Procobator

Re: Does Giants not test this game before launch???

Post by Procobator »

They do this because they can. I call it minimally viable product. They do the least amount of work that equates to the greatest amount of profit. They will continue this until people stop buying their product in this unrefined state.
JimmyD911GT

Re: Does Giants not test this game before launch???

Post by JimmyD911GT »

They have a rival now Pure Farming 2018, yes a few bugs too but it is their first farming simulator. At least they listen to feedback. I had hoped as Farming Simulator is on the rise they would step up their game but looks like it may take a fall shortly as being a big fan of the genre and paying £75 on pre-order I am getting to the point of where is the value for money here. Every game has glitches and bugs at launch but this one is beyond a joke. My head is starting to turn towards techlands version unless Giants get a grip.
tom5051
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Re: Get a grip Giants!!!! This is what testers are for!!

Post by tom5051 »

I'm bored with FS19 already.
Rambler

Post by Rambler »

Personally, I'll do whatever it takes to keep this topic at the top of the board. Giants, do any of you have any idea what a beta tester is? For the money you must be making you should go out and buy every computer setup there is and test this stuff before ever thinking about releasing it on the PAYING PUBLIC! EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED! I downloaded the game about 24 hours ago and I've spent every moment that I've been on the computer since trying to get my CH controllers to work, this is totally ridiculous!!! I've had the game 1 day and have already thought several times about demanding a refund!
Mark
m6ceb

Post by m6ceb »

I too am totally disappointed, was a big fan of fs17 although bought it later on. I've had for 24 hours and been constantly trying to get my G29 wheel to work with no joy whatsoever.

Loads of bugs and glitches and just seems the same as fs17 except the graphics. What's new?
Revan

Post by Revan »

I have no,major issues with it. But also need to know that they given a deadline. How I see it It good game just need polishing and we all on pc don't have the same setup.
PC & Xbox One
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Nobody tests games any more, it's not just Giants.

Why pay people to test your game when you have millions of people who will pay you to get your game as early as possible.

I can't remember the last game I bought that wasn't full of game-breaking bugs at launch.

I am not excusing it, but nothing you or I say is going to convince game developers to change.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Krd1749 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:21 pm
I am not excusing it, but nothing you or I say is going to convince game developers to change.
you're right... the only way to affect change is with your wallet, but there are so many people out there that just accept that this is the norm and they are fine with it...that's the part that gets me... emptyheaded

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
pingu

Post by pingu »

As I wrote in another post today, I'm having issues with FS19 and is kind of disappointed with the general quality. A lot still to be fixed, it seems (especially with input devices), until I even start spending time with it. But I will also defend GIANTS a bit, because I know they do good stuff. I bought FS17 on Dec 10 2016 from the Mac App Store. Liked what I saw, everything worked, everything a little better. Never started FS15 again, because FS17 was a fully functional game. During that Christmas holiday, it stopped working once. Total freeze, had to reboot macOS. Probably not due to the game itself, but rather some stray cosmic particle striking some memory in my Mac. After that, I have played for hundreds of hours for almost 2 years and it has never crashed once! Despite all the input device connected and configured, and all obscure mods downloaded from god-knows-where that I installed and tried out -- it have never since crashed or had any issuses at all. Even if that is what you could say you would expect from a commercial software, I am very very impressed with that piece of code. So that is why I was disappointed with my own experience yesterday when trying out FS19 and getting a beta-feel of it. Maybe they tried too much at the same time with FS19? Maybe they should have just expanded 17 with the new game play modes and new brands? And when that worked fine, they could have introduced the new graphics.
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
Rambler

Post by Rambler »

Bump
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

Rant topic closed

You can help by reporting bugs in the proper section.

But claiming6giants don't test the game at all is abit ridiculous.
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user