Harvesting Contract Tip

TacoFarmer

Harvesting Contract Tip

Post by TacoFarmer »

Maybe some dont know this.
Harvest all the crop.The leftovers are yours.Sell them before you go to contract page and complete the contract.
Field 8 Ravensport I sold right at $20K in free corn plus the $25K to do the contract.
It might not be so good on smaller fields,but you will still get some free $$$$.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
lefe1

Re: Harvesting Contract Tip

Post by lefe1 »

^^^yep. good tip^^^. also empty any seed/ fert you have left over before you complete the contract because you can use it for yourself or save it for the next contract...
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Must be nice. On bigger fields I cannot even get enough crop to get the mission over 98 percent complete.
IowaFarmer34

Post by IowaFarmer34 »

Perhaps it is different on Xbox one but harvesting the entire field only get some to 80% complete, taking to the point of sale is the other 20%, I can usually get about 1000l left that I can sell for myself.
Muskiet

Post by Muskiet »

You get reimbursed for any leftover seed/fertilizer, so there is no gain in saving what is left to use on your own fields.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

TacoFarmer wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:26 am Maybe some dont know this.
Harvest all the crop.The leftovers are yours.Sell them before you go to contract page and complete the contract.
Field 8 Ravensport I sold right at $20K in free corn plus the $25K to do the contract.
It might not be so good on smaller fields,but you will still get some free $$$$.
Why would you do that? I mean try to sell the excess amount separately? Besides, how do you know what the excess amount is?
Any excess amount of crop already is sold and given you as cash at the contract delivery point.
I might be getting this all wrong but what I experience is this:
The % on the conract page is the complation % of the whole contract not just the amount you need to harvest to complete the contract.
In other words, it includes the delivery part of the contract too.
So, when you harvest the entire field, at a certain point of dumping your last load at the delivery point you complete the contract %100 and any excess amount of crop you keep dumping is automatically sold and given you as cash.
PS5 / FS22
akron

Post by akron »

RODHA wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:38 am any excess amount of crop you keep dumping is automatically sold and given you as cash.
This is what I've experienced as well. Not quite enough IMHO, but extra is extra
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

akron wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:45 am
RODHA wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:38 am any excess amount of crop you keep dumping is automatically sold and given you as cash.
This is what I've experienced as well. Not quite enough IMHO, but extra is extra
Same here.
Guil

Post by Guil »

If you watch as the last trailer load is dumping, you can watch for the pop up to say the contract is complete or your money to start increasing and then stop the trailer tipping. Doing so allows you to tip in your own silo and maybe sell for a higher price elsewhere with your own crop.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

RODHA wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:38 am
TacoFarmer wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:26 am Maybe some dont know this.
Why would you do that? I mean try to sell the excess amount separately? Besides, how do you know what the excess amount is?
Any excess amount of crop already is sold and given you as cash at the contract delivery point.
I might be getting this all wrong but what I experience is this:
The % on the conract page is the complation % of the whole contract not just the amount you need to harvest to complete the contract.
In other words, it includes the delivery part of the contract too.
So, when you harvest the entire field, at a certain point of dumping your last load at the delivery point you complete the contract %100 and any excess amount of crop you keep dumping is automatically sold and given you as cash.
Its not really so much that I wanted to sell it seperately
It was still in the harvester and the contract was finished.
I had to sell it seperate.
On a smaller field than 8, I wouldnt sell seperately.
And you dont have to harvest the whole field to get to 100% contract completion.
But you would just be robbing yourself.

EDIT: I had a full trailer and still more in harvester,went to dump the load,contract completed during the dump.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

crash

Post by crash »

i harvested beans on field 7, up by the Central grain silo on ravenport, and had 8000liters left when the contract was done. got 10k for selling crops and 11k for the contract. Is the difficulty setting doing something With whats left? I play on easy.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

crash wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:10 pm i harvested beans on field 7, up by the Central grain silo on ravenport, and had 8000liters left when the contract was done. got 10k for selling crops and 11k for the contract. Is the difficulty setting doing something With whats left? I play on easy.
I think you automatically get paid for what is left over at the current price at that sell point.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

crash wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:10 pm i harvested beans on field 7, up by the Central grain silo on ravenport, and had 8000liters left when the contract was done. got 10k for selling crops and 11k for the contract. Is the difficulty setting doing something With whats left? I play on easy.
Im on Farm Manager-normal.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

Rolf81

Post by Rolf81 »

Harvested potatoes at field 4 in Ravenport. Finished the contract and got another full load (49000l) and another at 93% filled. So in addition to the 53K contract i also got 36k for the extra potatoes. Imho its rewarding to continue to clear the field completely.
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

Necromancy is real.