Different cultivation equipment

DirectCedar

Different cultivation equipment

Post by DirectCedar »

I don't have the game yet but I've noticed in some previews that the shop now has different categories for "Power Harrows" and "Cultivators". Does this mean that these implements finally do slightly different jobs? Are there now different uses and different purposes for these different types of tillage equipment, or does the whole gamut of cultivators-disks-harrows-presses still do the same thing under all conditions?

It would be extremely cool if some new parameters were implemented where these classifications do different jobs under different conditions, as they do in real life.

Are there still just the four soil conditions; stubble-ploughed-cultivated-seeded ?
MrDaisyBates

Re: Different cultivation equipment

Post by MrDaisyBates »

I'm not convinced they do different jobs, but I haven't messed with them, either.

Could someone who's messed around make some statements about harrows, power harrows, etc?

Also, I'd like to hear if there's any difference between plows and the under soiler thing or w/e (sorry, don't remember what they're called--I'm sure you do if you know the answer).
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

I believe the cultivators do the same function, cultivate the soil. Giants appears to have further organized these tools, the same way they separated the sowers from 17 into seeders and planters in 19. Regarding the subsoilers vs plows, both provide a plowed state, but the subsoilers cannot “create a fields”, you will need a plow to do this. At least that was my experience today.
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Having played around with all, I am of the understanding that cultivators, disc, and power harrows all serve the "cultivation" role (applying the "cultivated" field state), with no other significant distinction between them function-wise.

mespalin already covered plows v. subsoilers.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

cmdrbyron wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:24 pm Having played around with all, I am of the understanding that cultivators, disc, and power harrows all serve the "cultivation" role (applying the "cultivated" field state), with no other significant distinction between them function-wise.

mespalin already covered plows v. subsoilers.
Well that's a bummer. Another missed opportunity to add some actual simulation or management aspects.

Maybe when Seasons finally comes or if Decker is able to bring Soilmod to 19 we will finally see some aspects of agronomy.