An open thought about FS19 without Seasons

OlD MrD

An open thought about FS19 without Seasons

Post by OlD MrD »

Firstly I’d like to say I am trying to enjoy this new version of the game and accept there are seemingly “always bugs” at release of a game.

And the disparagey between the Mac/PC/PS4/Xbox versions seems a bit crazy at the moment. To the point of I’m convinced you guys only test on top end PC’s right now.

So ignoring that and trying to get settled into FS19. Please can we get some insight as to why we have no seasons options ?
I feel we were led to believe that the point of the mod contest was to get the best mod and mod team into the Giants fold. If this is not the case then not actually sure what the point of the mod contest was?
Yes it was amazing that you helped seasons be available for all players and yes it really does for the most part make the game feel more simulator than tractor arcade. And YES seasons was part of the 1.2 patch so became almost vanilla. But why have you stopped there? Surly it winning proved it was a massive feature most wanted? And I do understand that even if it was in game then there would need to be he option to have it turned off for those who don’t like it. Or it be a mod still but an official Giants mod

I’m actually now at the point of hoping it’s a money grab and I will be able to purchase it as a DLC in a few weeks because I can’t work out any other reason you would take it out of the game?
Any thoughts please Giants ?
Farming Simulator 15/17/19/22 on SeriesX & PC
Current tractor : Case IH 1455 XL
Current Map : Old Stream Farm
Rasping rabbit

Re: An open thought about FS19 without Seasons

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Seasons was a free mod made by independent modders so I doubt that it will be a money grabbing DLC. We just need to wait to see if the modders will convert it to fs19.
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

One of my points in there Rabbit was that by winning the mod contest I’m sure the reward was that Realismus modding became part of Giants ? I may be wrong in that but I’m sure that was.

So yes the Seasons mod is now part of Giants??
Again I do hope it get added soon as a mod or dlc
I’m trying to get some thoughts behind the design choice not to have it in at launch when at least the idea of a seasons like mod was a greatly requested feature?
Bruisie150

Post by Bruisie150 »

viewtopic.php?f=963&t=130467

One of the realismus guys offered some small insight into the paid DLC thing here
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Bruisie150 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:41 pm viewtopic.php?f=963&t=130467

One of the realismus guys offered some small insight into the paid DLC thing here
He did, the way I read it was they declined the proposal for a dlc, and he also didn’t comment about fs19 so until realsimus confirms anything it’s all speculation.

OID MrD, one of the guys from Realsimus went to work for Giants, but I don’t think that was part of the contest.
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:45 pm
Bruisie150 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:41 pm viewtopic.php?f=963&t=130467

He did, the way I read it was they declined the proposal for a dlc, and he also didn’t comment about fs19 so until realsimus confirms anything it’s all speculation.

OID MrD, one of the guys from Realsimus went to work for Giants, but I don’t think that was part of the contest.
Oh thank you I missed this thread

And may not be obvious in my OP but yes I would happily pay for a season DLC (tho as a SeasonPass Xbox player if it’s a Giants DLC I already have paid for it)

My point is and seems to be the point of the other thread why is it not already made it into the main game? It’s along the same lines as to why giant have moved the EL map to a mod rather than a DLC and it thus no counting against the download limit on consoles (if you want to install it) some seemingly odd design choices. I almost understand the current batch of official mods being released as they are, if you want some of the FS17 kit remodeled for FS19 then awsome, I do like the case 1455 and she is back in game :-)
But why are they being added as mods not a giants DLC so they don’t use up our valuable limited mod folder?

I’m just asking I know there are reasons behind decisions, even the shadows and day night cycle frame drops being really annoying but “a known about and left in game choice”
I also know Giants don’t have to tell us anything it is there game and they can make it how ever they like. I’m just trying to understand some of it.

Is it purely lack of time to hit release schedul?
Is it a choice to add it as a DLC paid or otherwise later?
Is it not how Giants see there game model & that it should be the mods community that add these sort of features?

And as an added question are they regretting adding mod to console as it seems to be a nightmare to keep them inline with the PC ones.

One of the live streams did say that the console mods will only be the top A plus mods and they do hold them to a higher standard, probably a good thing to keep the console mod eco system stable.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Seasons code was added to the game because of various technical reasons, which I won't bore you with, in order to get the mod working on consoles in agreement with Giants chaps who gave us technical support in this regard. That does not necessarily make it a part of the game, as the code did nothing without enabling the actual mod. Winning the mod contest does not mean you work at Giants. Most of us are far too old and too set in our career paths to go do that anyway.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

The official word from Giants re: Seasons in 19 (stated well before, like months before, 19 launched) is that 19 was too far into its development cycle at the time that Seasons went live on 17, to modify it enough to accommodate Seasons as part of the base game at launch.

No one has ever said anything official since then, that I am aware of, as to whether Seasons is coming to 19 in any capacity, be it from Realismus or from Giants. The Realismus guys, however, are being quite coy in their replies so I am extremely hopeful they are working on it. They also seem like such brilliant coders and such fans of the genre that I can't help but think they really love their mod and how it fits in the game and would want it to be in 19. But that's pure speculation on my part.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Oh haha, there is one of those brilliant coders just now, posting the same minute I replied :lol:
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

theSeb wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:52 am Seasons code was added to the game because of various technical reasons, which I won't bore you with, in order to get the mod working on consoles in agreement with Giants chaps who gave us technical support in this regard. That does not necessarily make it a part of the game, as the code did nothing without enabling the actual mod. Winning the mod contest does not mean you work at Giants. Most of us are far too old and too set in our career paths to go do that anyway.
Thanks for popping past Seb,
I am an IT guy so understand why the scripts etc where added to the main game to allow the mod to work.(be it just for technical or to get past MS&Sony.
And yes it was my presumption that this gave or allowed Giants access to this code for future use.
And I’m in no way calling out RM or demanding a seasons mod be added before I play. It is possible with the in game options to make it kinda work like seasons anyway (if very clunky)
And you have the will power to role play the months.
Having said all that it still baffles me as why Giants haven’t put in some sort of seasons system I mean seasons and different planting times of year etc is a massive part of farming.
Certenly more realistic that the while I’m sewing suddenly deciding to half germinate wile I’m still in it (in an odd diamond pattern lol)
Fingers crossed the excellent work done by all moders is hitting new peak late night coding/texture mapping frenzied coffe fueld madness.
And that RM are still in the game and working on that something special :gamer:
matains

Post by matains »

I haven't seen any confirmation about anyone working on seasons at all. Realismus website and social networks have been dead for almost a year now, so at this point i'm happy i shaven't bought FS19 yet. FS17 with seasons is a much better experience than seasonless FS19. All those new features are cute and all but lets be real most of those were available as mods for FS17 anyway. Cotton, horses and new shop menu featuring tyre brands is not something i will trade seasons for.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Honestly....I'm beginning to think there won't be a Seasons release for FS19....which means I will be passing on this iteration of the game. A friend of mine wondered how they were going to get a snow mask to work when you can plop placeables down in various areas...and I would tend to agree. I mean lets be honest... they didn't even fix the rain or crops coming through the bottom of vehicles... even after they said they did.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

FS 19 without seasaons???

It's pretty hard to role play seasons in this game and i really am just messing around on FS19 to be honest. The maps are terrible. If i want the in depth farm experience, it's back to 17. Until then.....
the big print giveth the small print taketh
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

BreadedVirus wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:17 pm it's back to 17. Until then.....
I have no option but to stay with 17 as it is with the controller issues 19 is useless to me so far.