Terrain cannot be deformed here!

BlackThumb

Re: Terrain cannot be deformed here!

Post by BlackThumb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:11 am

Notice how Giant's is keeping quiet on this (and other major bugs)?

Easy explanation, they don't have a clue what's doing it, and as I have said previously, they're hoping that the modding community will find a fix which Giants can then implement as an 'update' and make it look like Giant's actually fixed the problem/bug....

Way to go Giants to save money, bugger the players, it's all about the $$$$ in the end.

Cheers :hi:
Aging disgracefully and taking nothing with me!!!!

Cynicalinsect193

Post by Cynicalinsect193 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:53 am

Hey guys .. my game also has a glitch ... I made a pit bunker thing in the ground where I store my grass .. and it works sooooo good ... but then I placed a loweble ramp and after I removed it .. the land wont let me change it there .. please help .. ps maby we should be very nice to Giants so that they will fix lol .. and I also think its kinda difficult to create a game like this ... advice tho . Plsss :confusednew: :gamer: :hi:

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:32 am

It's better to use the terrain tools to flatten an area of land before placing buildings. It's more predictable and sometimes (not always) fixes the terrain error message. I found field 15 in Meadow Grove, which would have been great for a grain silo, wouldn't allow anything to go in, despite being a plain grass meadow that was fairly flat at the top near the dairy farm.
BlackThumb wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:11 am
Notice how Giant's is keeping quiet on this (and other major bugs)?

Easy explanation, they don't have a clue what's doing it, and as I have said previously, they're hoping that the modding community will find a fix which Giants can then implement as an 'update' and make it look like Giant's actually fixed the problem/bug....

Way to go Giants to save money, bugger the players, it's all about the $$$$ in the end.

Cheers :hi:
Jeez enough or the Giants bashing it's getting boring.

redglasses

Post by redglasses » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:14 pm

NO! Clearly people are fed up with them and they are getting mad. Giants haven't done ANYTHING on this topic, multiple times I have talked about this subject and not a single member of giants have commented on it.
Playing on xbox one
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer

Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:29 pm

The quoted comment was from November 2018, just after launch.

Cynicalinsect193

Post by Cynicalinsect193 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:50 pm

:geeknew: How long does this problem exist if I may ask

mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:29 pm

I had to go through the testers to find this issue with Willamina Forest 1.0.0.0.

Turns out that the editor which creates the painted tip collisions through the map script is saving to mapUS.i3d.plcColMap.grle and the game uses mapUS.i3d.plcMap.grle for the tip collisions.

So if a map is based off Ravenport for instance. The game is using all the roads and rock tip collisions that currently exist in Ravenport which in no way looks like what was just painted for the new map. The only way to fix it is by manually renaming the file. Most modders didn't know that in the beginning and there may still be some that still don't.

Sculpting the land and Placeables can't touch tip collision lands so even if there is nothing there like a tree stump you still can't use it.

Pretty big bug in the editor in my opinion when its possible to have the wrong tip collisions just because the editor script doesn't know where to save the file correctly.
MyrithisCatalyst / Catalyzer Gaming

Cynicalinsect193

Post by Cynicalinsect193 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:56 pm

Uhmmm I have no idea what what most of the above really are .. but .. can u like create a mod or something that will fix for all players ?

Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:20 pm

Place anywhere function from GlobalCompany mod might help you with this issiue.

Cynicalinsect193

Post by Cynicalinsect193 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:35 pm

What about ps4 players ..we cant download that kind of mods

mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:22 pm

Cynicalinsect193 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:56 pm
Uhmmm I have no idea what what most of the above really are .. but .. can u like create a mod or something that will fix for all players ?
No, the map would have to be updated and a new game would have to be made for console players IF the issue I mentioned is the same as the original issue on this thread. Otherwise the only other thing that would stop a Placeable is some other object being in the way. For instance an underground tree stump which console players can't see. There may be a bug in the Placeable system with the adding/removing/saving/loading situation that others have mentioned here but I have not experienced it myself.
MyrithisCatalyst / Catalyzer Gaming

Cynicalinsect193

Post by Cynicalinsect193 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:09 pm

Oh okay .. thanx alot tho lol ... but I really dont know what to do .. my map is like so cool and I worked long on it .. but yeah it wont change at the specific area ..

Sorry for my grammar mistakes .. Im not so good at english ...

michaelb1980

Post by michaelb1980 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:18 am

That pi** me off as well, the collision on everything is a joke, even the hard placed roads, every building should me made to place on a hillside, it could be made with a wall on the bottom of objects to be as most barns or buildings from life will look nothing in reality is flat