FS19 Building Placement suggestions

Lord_Beelzebub

FS19 Building Placement suggestions

Post by Lord_Beelzebub »

Playing on console, PS4.

First off I'd like to say I actually love being able to place buildings on the map where I want them to be and make my farm look like I want it to rather than it done for me. I think as the modding community creates more functional buildings, this will be even better.

However, I have seen a lot of replies here on the forums that building placement is a pain, not many places on the map to put them, the terraforming of the land doesn't work well, plus the expense added to the cost of the building to place it is less than ideal. With that I thought of a few suggestions to possibly help with this feature. Feel free to reply with your own ideas, maybe Giants will make some changes based on feedback.

My first suggestion is to just eliminate the added terraforming expense when placing a building. I realize it's probably supposed to simulate the excavating of the land before building, but it's way too expensive. I went to place a $15,000 vehicle shelter in the flattest spot of land I could and it cost me over $200,000 because of terraforming expense. That's way too expensive.

So my second suggestion, if eliminating that cost isn't possible, is to greatly reduce the terraforming expense added to buildings when placing them.

My third suggestion is to add in the ability to let us move buildings once we place them on the map. I placed that vehicle shelter on my map and the terraforming that the game did immediately around the building put an abruptly sharp hill at the front of it where i couldn't drive my equipment under it. All I wanted to do at that point was move it a few feet to a new location and try again. Having to sell the building for half it's buying price then buy it again at full price is not ideal to say the least. Why you would allow building placement but then not go the extra mile and allow to the ability to move the building once it's placed, is beyond me. That's like baking a cake but you didn't bother to get icing for it, come on guys! You should add a free roam camera view mode to the game that allows us to grab a placeable building then have the option to Relocate it. My point is, why add a new feature to the game but not go the extra mile to make it a pleasant user experience?

My last suggestion is, when the game auto terraforms the land around a building, it needs to be a more smooth transition from where the building flattened it to the grade of the land around it. Needs to be a smoother transition. If that had happened with my vehicle shelter, it wouldn't have been an issue and I would have been able to drive my equipment under it. Like I said, I put it on the flattest land I could find, but it terraformed just enough of a steep lip on the front edge where it wouldn't work well for my equipment.

Like said at the start of this, I love the ability to place my own buildings, but I think the cost of terraforming needs greatly reduced and the terraforming the game does needs to be more smooth from one grade height to another. What this game really needs is the ability to pick up and relocate a placeable building. Once the modding community starts making a lot of placeable buildings and I start putting them on the map, I may want to relocate them in better positions as my farm grows as I can afford to add more. I am not going to keep selling buildings at half price then buying at full price in order to do this, that's ridiculous.

Thanks
FiremanDJ

Re: FS19 Building Placement suggestions

Post by FiremanDJ »

I'll second that motion.
tracenix

Re: FS19 Building Placement suggestions

Post by tracenix »

Hey at least you can place things. I've just about given up on Estancia, I get nothing but collision warnings if I try to place anywhere but the default areas or in the middle of a field. What's even the point of being able to build your own farm if you're stuck putting it where the starter farm would be?

Rather disappointing, that.