Mods from FS17.........

BostonJohnny1226

Mods from FS17.........

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

This is for the DisableCameraCollision and RealTimeClock mods.
I got them to work by going into each’s modDesc.xml and changing <modDesc descVersion=‘xx’> to <modDesc descVersion=‘41’>
They work without errors. I’m dangerously assuming that other script mods MIGHT work the same way. But mods like CoursePlay and DriveControl will be more involved.
redglasses

Re: Mods from FS17.........

Post by redglasses »

^^Someone please get this man an award, I'm not even kidding
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Not really surprising for simpler stuff, now that I think of it. But, regardless, awesome catch. Thanks!
SirLANsalot

Post by SirLANsalot »

hmm I wonder if Glance will work.....
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

BostonJohnny1226 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:01 am This is for the DisableCameraCollision and RealTimeClock mods.
I got them to work by going into each’s modDesc.xml and changing <modDesc descVersion=‘xx’> to <modDesc descVersion=‘41’>
They work without errors. I’m dangerously assuming that other script mods MIGHT work the same way. But mods like CoursePlay and DriveControl will be more involved.
I can’t even open real time clock mod to change it. What did you use?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
BostonJohnny1226

Unzip the file, make the change and rezip
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

Those mods have really simple scripts that have very little call back to the game engine. Not surprised one bit they work for FS19.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Procobator wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:59 pm Those mods have really simple scripts that have very little call back to the game engine. Not surprised one bit they work for FS19.
Yeah, hence my initial reaction. But it’s still useful to know which ones are simple “fixes” for folks that may be interested.

I fiddled with the Compass mod a bit last night, but there appears to be a change to the scripting environment that is breaking it. May still be a simple fix, but without some documentation... :confusednew:
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

parad0x177 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:20 pm
Procobator wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:59 pm Those mods have really simple scripts that have very little call back to the game engine. Not surprised one bit they work for FS19.
Yeah, hence my initial reaction. But it’s still useful to know which ones are simple “fixes” for folks that may be interested.

I fiddled with the Compass mod a bit last night, but there appears to be a change to the scripting environment that is breaking it. May still be a simple fix, but without some documentation... :confusednew:
So which ones are easy to move over to 19 you reckon?
BostonJohnny1226

I’m assuming that as long as they don’t reference crop fertilization because of lime being added or vehicles because of some classification changes, they may work. It’s going to be a matter of trial and error. Like I posted earlier, CoursePlay and DriveControl won’t work, and I doubt Glance will either. But if others are found to work, please post them here
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

BreadedVirus wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:30 pm So which ones are easy to move over to 19 you reckon?
As an “educated” guess, anything that is a simple scripting-only, with as little interaction with or dependence on game variables as possible will be the safest bet. (The more complex the scripts, the more likely they are to run into a change in syntax or variable names.)

I figure this could be a good thread for people to post what they manage to get working and what it takes to do so. Or to offer confirmation that someone else’s steps work. (I can confirm that the clock mod does work as described in the OP.)
tommo83

Post by tommo83 »

Would follow me be able to be one that could switch ? I would try it but I’m not at home until tomorrow 😞
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

tommo83 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:06 pm Would follow me be able to be one that could switch ? I would try it but I’m not at home until tomorrow 😞
No will not work on 19. It is probably scripted specifically for 17.

Anyway, i am not going to start messing about with modst. Not fair on the modder IMHO and would rather wait for the actual mod to come to 19 if and when it does.
drb

Post by drb »

BreadedVirus wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:27 pm Anyway, i am not going to start messing about with modst. Not fair on the modder IMHO and would rather wait for the actual mod to come to 19 if and when it does.
How is it not fair to a modder for you to edit a mod for your personal use? That's perfectly fair. Just don't upload it with your name and without permission. *thumbsup*
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

parad0x177 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:20 pm

I’m not sure if you have noticed or not, but we have a compass built into the game now.
Check the numbers on your mini map, the first number is your compass heading, the other numbers are your position same as FS17.

I have used the compass very successfully to create or expand fields, it really helps when you want to keep things square.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.