FS 19 PS4 - How to attach trailer to forage harvester

Tadge

FS 19 PS4 - How to attach trailer to forage harvester

Post by Tadge »

Can anyone help please - how in FS19 ps4 can you attach a trailer to any of the three forage harvesters - as its not working for me?
Snowmexican

Re: FS 19 PS4 - How to attach trailer to forage harvester

Post by Snowmexican »

Same here despite the fact the machines do have a hitch on the back it won't hook up this is incredibly disappointing. This is a game at the end of the day its supposed to be enjoyable having to drive next to the harvester to get anything done isn't amusing it's work. This better be fixed by next patch.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

You can use semi trailers with a dolly that’s what I did in 17 and I would think it would work in 19
Snowmexican

Post by Snowmexican »

That's a big negitive sir plus forage harvesting is best done with tippable trailers like the randon trailer. What makes me so mad about this is I was legitimately excited to run the fieldliner trailer behind my forage harvester that thing looks sweet but no some genius had to change what's worked great in the past two games. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
crash

Post by crash »

it used to be, that you had to have a trailer, any kind really, With a pin/hook type coupler. not a K80/balljoint coupler. i used a fligl tmk bull in fs15 atleast, had a bunch of them and had a proper roadtrain going to the bio plant.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Ox91

Post by Ox91 »

Sounds like a bug or mistake.
handler44

Post by handler44 »

I have same problem on xbox one
crash

Post by crash »

No, its not.. But they should have had more trailers with a normal hitch. I tryed it now, and i was able to attach two of the smaller trailers with the eye type drawbar. In fs17 the dolly had a eye, and some of the rolling floor trailers. Now its nothing to really use..
In Norway
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

It's the same with the Man logging truck. Has a hitch but can't hook up to a trailer? IRL that would have have a trailer! It's over 600bhp for a 6 wheeler ridgid!! Not sure the reason for it not having a functioning hitch?
crash

Post by crash »

The hitch work, the problem is that there is no compatible trailers.
In Norway
crash

Post by crash »

Smallest pickup wagon works. 23.000l...
In Norway
wadeeb

Post by wadeeb »

It has been this way since FS13 at least. The forage harvesters only accept the pin type hitch, not the ball type. This is because in real life you don't use a trailer except for maybe the first round on a tight field. Its frustrating single player but much more fun in MP. Until mods come out you will just need to hire a helper for the Forage harvester and drive beside with a trailer. I haven't tried in FS19 but in FS17 you had to make sure you were close enough or the harvester would look like it was filling the trailer but it would be going into the air
dninabuck

Post by dninabuck »

Tadge wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:43 pm Can anyone help please - how in FS19 ps4 can you attach a trailer to any of the three forage harvesters - as its not working for me?
You can use one of the sugarcane trailers, they hook up pretty good, sits a little closer to harvester than a semi trailer and dolly but it works and has a decent capacity
brothertim

Post by brothertim »

dninabuck wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:57 am
Tadge wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:43 pm Can anyone help please - how in FS19 ps4 can you attach a trailer to any of the three forage harvesters - as its not working for me?
You can use one of the sugarcane trailers, they hook up pretty good, sits a little closer to harvester than a semi trailer and dolly but it works and has a decent capacity
This is how I do it with a hired driver. Use two large sugarcane trailers, one attached to the harvester and one nearby, hooked to a tractor. Fill the first trailer, swap trailers with the tractor, re-hire the driver. While the second one is being loaded, take the first one to the BGA, empty it, bring it back near the forage harvester. Repeat. This is one of the only ways I've found to keep the forage harvester near-constantly working.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Snowmexican wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:02 pm forage harvesting is best done with tippable trailers like the randon trailer.
I tried the Randon sugarcane trailer with the Krone BigX and it worked fine.

This one:

FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!