baler hp required

Crazof

baler hp required

Post by Crazof »

Ps4
Ravenport
New farmer

Bought field 3, harvested the oats with 45 ft header.

Leased the square baler (140 Hp required I think )

Tried baling with 175hp T6 and baler, many spots on field tractor would hardly move baler, switched to 336 hp JD, I could bale but for the most part was stuck no faster than 4 mph.

Anybody else see this?

Is there a new through put limit on baler now?
Shoddyfrog

Re: baler hp required

Post by Shoddyfrog »

Playing on PC mine is struggling too, don't think it is a throughput issue as it works at max speed (12 mph) going downhill, but yeah any slight hill and it is 3-4 mph using two different 150 hp tractors. Not tried anything more powerful.
NateS

Post by NateS »

I agree the square baler is tough to pull up hill. I've been using tractors in the 225hp range and they work well, but not on an incline. I've started harvesting across the hill when possible. Makes baleing much easier.
PC & PS4
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Field 3 is pretty flat
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

The kuhn round baler/wrapper combo is the same. Says 150hp, but with the 6m at 164 hp I couldent even pull it up hill...
PC gamer.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

I’ve noticed similar behaviors with a number of implements; you used to be just fine in pretty much all conditions if you were even close to the recommended power. But not anymore.

It may be a bug, but I’m chalking it up to an increased emphasis on realism. Recommended power is for nominal conditions on flat terrain; throwing even a seemingly gentle slope in the mix while operating and pulling a heavy implement will slow things down fast IRL. The new maps are pretty hilly and what looks like a pretty gentle slope on 3 is probably steeper than you think.

Oh, and the other thing I noticed is that maintenance state slows the working speed down relatively quickly. I had a spreader that was down to about 66% and it lost 1 mph in working speed.
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

I experimented with that square baler and had to use a 280HP tractor to get it up to a reasonable speed!

I just use a loading wagon now (the cheapest) as it is happy behind a 150HP tractor.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

RogsR35UK wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:19 pm I experimented with that square baler and had to use a 280HP tractor to get it up to a reasonable speed!

I just use a loading wagon now (the cheapest) as it is happy behind a 150HP tractor.
This doesn't make sense, realism-wise, since you're pulling the trailer and using the PTO to power the wagon.
It shouldn't be easier than pulling a baler.
Deora

Post by Deora »

I’ve had the same issue. Used it on a field that was allmost flat. First used the 260 hp Case 7200. That did not work, then i used the 313 hp T7 which also strugled. The only tractor that could do it was the 8R with over 400 hp. I’m playing on the PS4.
FS19 and FS22 on PS4
NateS

Post by NateS »

george.earlslight wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:37 pm
RogsR35UK wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:19 pm I just use a loading wagon now (the cheapest) as it is happy behind a 150HP tractor.
This doesn't make sense, realism-wise, since you're pulling the trailer and using the PTO to power the wagon.
It shouldn't be easier than pulling a baler.
The HP used by the PTO to run the pickup on the wagon is far less than that of the baler. Leaving more HP available to put to the drive train. I'm no mechanic, but that's how it works in my head.
PC & PS4
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Big balers are very heavy and take a lot of power to run. It's rare that you'd be able to run at the maximum working speed all of the time. Personally, I love the way they did this. I also think they didn't let the bale wagon require too much power so it didn't get annoying when transporting.

I also like the fact that you have to service implements more often than tractors. You need to grease a disc or other implement quite a few times during the season. These are a few more things Giants got right in 19.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

ok after having done a fair amount of baling i have a couple observations.. to begin with the square baler is huge.. its bigger in size than my 250hp valtra.. and this size/weight is reflected in how hard it is to tow on an incline.. ok so the second thing.. even with the baler engaged and lowered i can get it up to speed on flat ground.. however.. the moment i start to pick up the windrow i lose a ton of speed.. so it is either a bug or the game is simulating the extra power needed to actually process the material thru the baler.. the latter makes sense as we have seen that other things will now put strain on the engine that didn't in previous editions of the game.. i hope its a feature and not a bug.. but either way the speed loss is directly related to picking the material up off the ground and not just the act of having the baler turned on
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I noticed that too. I was using a Valtra S 350hp and the Khun big baler. Down a slope, I could bale at 12mph. These were double windrows with the Merge Maxx. Up hill, it would go about 6. When I got to the end of the row before turning, it would start picking up speed again.

I think it's awesome. *thumbsup* The only minor gripe is the slope was almost non-existent. I had to really look to see it. Maybe it's a bit over-exaggerated but it's still nice they included some more realism.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I'm also wondering if it has anything to do with straw swath, I noticed while doing a contract for harvesting oats with a 45ft header that the harvester kept acting like it was getting stuck when driving over the existing straw swath.

i tried baling the same field again with a fendt 939, it would do 8 mph best with full swath, if I moved over to only picking up part of the swath it would run much faster, full speed in some spots.

the hardest part about FS19, after playing FS17 so long is we have ideas of how things should work, or did work. now new game, we don't know it what we are experiencing is a bug/glitch or how it's supposed to be. I wish there was a more complete manual on how things are supposed to work( at least in the eyes of how they programmed them to work)
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

yea.. i don't need a step by step but when changing some of the core mechanics that we have grown used to their should be a changelog so we know whats actually bugs and what is new mechanics
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick