How hard do you want it?

Bruisie150

How hard do you want it?

Post by Bruisie150 »

I noticed comments on quite a free posts related to how easy or hard money is to come by in FS. How hard to people like it to be??

Usually I make it as hard as possible much to my GFs annoyance! On 17 I was never satisfied with any map, mod or otherwise in terms of difficulty. I always felt there was too much starting equipment to “start from scratch” with. I’m on console too so couldn’t edit money.

My normal process was:
1. Play on hard. Coldstream, south mountain maybe
2. Sell of all equipment
3. Start on a minor farm with no fields or 1 field.
4. Buy trees (mod) and place them around the map to spend the money
5. Begin the game with max 100k with no equipment.
6. We play Multiplayer so no missions either!

Coldstream it took us 3 years until we owned just the grass work equipment (72 in game days - 6 day Seasons)
Now that’s a grind!
jenxy

Re: How hard do you want it?

Post by jenxy »

Stay away from Stevie's maps then!
Bruisie150

Post by Bruisie150 »

Haha he doesnt release them for console!
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Brusie I love your playstyle man. I played on hard 6 day seasons also, and now start drom scratch with slow crop growth and all hard settings turned on

I love the grind because its so worthwhile when you finally get that equipment. But most dont like it and like the biggest things day 1.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I like it somewhere in the middle. I don't get to invest hours to play so if I did what you described, it would take me 3 actual years to get my farm where I want it. But I don't like the game throwing money at me either. I like each harvest to buy something new; a tractor, a truck, animals, etc...
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Bruisie150

Post by Bruisie150 »

Weasle wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:26 pm Brusie I love your playstyle man. I played on hard 6 day seasons also, and now start drom scratch with slow crop growth and all hard settings turned on

I love the grind because its so worthwhile when you finally get that equipment. But most dont like it and like the biggest things day 1.
After all that time when we got our first 10 cows we literally got a bottle of wine and take out to celebrate!
Curthbert

Post by Curthbert »

This is the way I did it in FS19:
1) Bought 1 land for start
2) then the cheapest red harvester + 1 header
3) trailer home (just for the feeling lol)
4) fiat tractor with cheapest trailer, plow, seeder
5) 1 bag of seeds which I load to my seeder at a store
6) Cheapest car and a chainsaw

then I edit my money in XML file to 0 and start playing

and I think it's kind of hard :D because when I harvested my first field I got like $3000 which is ridiculous for time I spent plowing, seeding, harvesting, transporting everything... do the math xD

and in the meantime when everything is growing I am cutting down trees, loading small logs on my pick up truck and selling them :)
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

I typically play every game I can at the hardest possible settings. I used to play a permadeath on a online game and the guild I was in made this mode of gameplay very popular for awhile. That said I have concerns the economy as a whole is messed up and they didn't consider what would happen if they added all these additional costs. Additional trips on the field additional machinery additional land prices additional terraforming. All this with odd sell price swings down from FS17 hard mode and unusual growth stages. This game feels like it has no synergy. My issue now is the clear path for any sort of progression in hard mode is a long term grind on one specialized income source. Giving people access to a larger loan isn't going to help. My complaint for difficulty is not that its impossible but that the economy of this game makes the the whole game feel off.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

honestly i like it.. it feels like real life.. small time farmers don't make lots of money.. in fact.. sometimes they might be lucky to keep the lights on.. then other years if they play their cards right with good decisions and smart investments they may keep the lights on and rake in some profit.. when/if your farm ever grows to a certain point u will gain a bit of financial freedom with it.. before u know it u r walking around in Col. Sanders style suits while hired help does all the manual labor lol.. but different strokes for different folks.. each person has their own playstyle.. i don't mind the grind.. not even a lil bit.. but someone else may hate long grindy games.. and i suppose that's where its nice to have some options in how to start and proceed
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

I want both. A big map with big fields and big equipment where I can be the millionaire farmer. And then a small map with tiny fields on slopes and 20yr++ old equipment.