Cows not producing milk

Doc3d

Re: Cows not producing milk

Post by Doc3d »

Electsilver8 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:00 pm Which cows produce milk? Would it help if I buy just the cows that give milk?
If you want milk, buying cows that actually produce it might help, yes. :hmm:

It’s like asking why are my cows not producing any bacon? Well, because they’re cows, not pigs. (Sorry, couldn’t help myself) :-D

As mentioned above, if you’re on seasons, only 2 breeds produce milk, so make sure that’s what you have and as also mentioned, it takes quite a while before they start producing. If you’ve been through a year with no milk, that might indicate a problem somewhere
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Just to add to the discussion, Realismus covered everything discussed here and even more details about animals in their Seasons 19 manual and blogs on their website:

www.realismusmodding.com

It is an excellent and thorough document.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Doc3d wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:44 pm If you’ve been through a year with no milk, that might indicate a problem somewhere
If you have just bought a new young herd it will take at least fourteen months for your cows to produce milk, from my understanding. Female cows that is.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

That's correct wobbles. Takes over a year with a new herd. Once they start though, comes in nicely.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Wombles sorry !!
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
wombles

Post by wombles »

No worries Goose. :)
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

Shadow250 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:27 pm holsteins and arshire give milk on seasons havent tried the rest. also my spelling may be off.
These are the only two breeds that produce milk--the rest are beef cattle. They are supposed to be male but show udders for milking cows--small detail that Giants didn't do anything with. If they are male, they are usually castrated males to become steers, because in RLF leaving them as bulls is not a common thing in the beef industry. In the store when you purchase cattle, it will tell you in the description whether they are M or F.
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

Let some time pass. It takes time for it to go.
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!