Fuel VS Maintenance

lexiontech

Fuel VS Maintenance

Post by lexiontech »

What do you guys think about the fuel usage vs the maintenance meter?

Right now I have 2.2 hours on my JD T560 Combine and it is at 3/4 tank of fuel, and 1/2 on the maintenance meter.

Coming from farming IRL, you put fuel in the combine every day, and you change oil/perform off season maintenance once a year.

I would think the fuel should go down much faster then the maintenance meter goes down... just think of it like changing oil on your car and filling up the gas tank at the same time... would you change oil on your car again when your gas tank got under 1/2 full?

I don't necessarily think the maintenance meter needs to be changed if the fuel usage could be bumped up. Maybe put a high fuel usage setting in addition to the normal and low?
BigC92

Re: Fuel VS Maintenance

Post by BigC92 »

I have mine on normal, when the tractor get 5.4 Hours on it, that's when the Fuel Gauge turns red on fs17.
ARES IV

Post by ARES IV »

Maintainance speed needs to be cut down significantly. Multiple fuel tanks should be emptied before a vehicle begins to show serious wear and tear.

Instead make maintainance more expensive. Right now you are literally limping home with your smoking tractor.. and then pay a penny for a full repair.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I agreed with you. Fuel usage is not good at all.

A full day working with a tractor (cultivator, plow, seeder, etc) should empty a fuel tank (maybe more than once)...but it only tooks 1/4 of the tank.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
lexiontech

Post by lexiontech »

Hopefully a fuel usage mod will come out or maybe giants can add a high fuel usage setting. I have always wondered why they only have low and normal, even the normal seems way too low to me, was the same in the 17 but the realistic fuel usage mod made it better.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

your better off thinking of "maintenance" as daily or weekly type maintenance rather than major 300h service type maintenance, given the maintenance cost is peanuts.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Rooster_Cogburn

Post by Rooster_Cogburn »

Yea I’m wondering if by maintenance they mean, your daily grease jobs repair any broken knives or guards check tension of belts and what not.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I like how the people were bragging about the fuel usage being so fast on the streams, I was like "nice." Now we get the game and its just as slow as fs17. GIANTS WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
lexiontech

Post by lexiontech »

Yeah but as far as greasing and changing sections, that's the kind of stuff you do while your pumping diesel in in the morning before cutting, you don't have to bring it back to the dealer or back to the farm shop like you do here. Would be nice to have a service trailer like giants made for 17 if this is the case. On a side note, I had to reset my combine yesterday and noticed that when I did that it dropped the fuel level to about 1/8 of a tank. Apparently the heavy haul driver decided to syphon 1/2 a tank of fuel. I decided I wanted to see what happens when you let your hired help run out of fuel.... well they don't. The gauge went right down to empty and he just kept chugging away. I even drove it for a bit and had no ill effects of my diesel tank being empty! Didn't see any higher costs when using the helper either to account for diesel fuel. Shut computer off last night and just started game back up and guess what, combine has 1/8 tank of fuel again! So basically you don't need fuel in this game it is just for looks? And if you run your machines empty they just refill to 1/8 of a tank when restarting? have 6.7 hours on the combine now, haven't added any fuel or done any maintenance yet. Curious to see if anything even happens if i don't do the maintenance when it goes all of the way down.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

I ran a combine out of fuel in-game, ended up resetting it to get some fuel to be able to take it to be filled up, so you can run stuff out so it comes to a stop.

as for IRL in the summer, you should be filling up machines with fuel in the evening after work, so the temperature of the fuel in the vehicle is quickly lowered past the effective condensation point and the airspace is reduced, thus reducing the problems you will get from water in fuel, or if your in tropical regions the reduction of water in the bottom of the tank reduced the chance of microbes that live in fuel/water interface that consume sulphur from the fuel from occurring.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
lexiontech

Post by lexiontech »

In northern USA, have always cut till it won't anymore at night and always done fueling, greasing, blowing off the machines in the morning while the crops are too tough to cut. Haven't had any trouble with water in the fuel. As for in game, my helper in the T560 has ran it to empty again and is still going strong on corn, 7.5 hours on it now, probably been on empty for half hour. I know the machines on 17 stopped when out of fuel, this Deere must have on hell of a reserve tank. The maintenance meter is almost to the bottom now and now combine will only cut at 4 mph so it looks like that does effect it, going to go do maintenance now but not put fuel in because I would like to confirm that it will actually run out. Still think the 1/8 tank being added when restarting game doesn't make any sense.
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

I did my first contract with cotton and found the the cotton bale semi trailer is unrealistically top heavy and flipped a lot...it charged me $2500 everytime I’d reset it and I had to reset it four times because of it liking to flip...I think the sidewalls of the tires on the roadrunner the also are a bit bouncy as in when I pulled out the the ship parking lot on Ravenport, I hit a rock and it flipped the truck on its side...a rock rko-ed my semi...instantly. I ended up losing 3 grand on the mission but I got to try out cotton so it was worth it. Lol
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!