Newbie With NO Experience Questions

DirectCedar

Re: Newbie With NO Experience Questions

Post by DirectCedar »

Old Fuelwood, are you playing on console or on PC?
OLD FUELWOOD

Post by OLD FUELWOOD »

Playing PC .

Here's a pic of my dilemma.https://www.flickr.com/photos/162607111 ... res/Hz75Y2
:wink:
beginner
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

OLD FUELWOOD wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:43 pm Playing PC .

Here's a pic of my dilemma.https://www.flickr.com/photos/162607111 ... res/Hz75Y2
I'm just throwing this out... disregard obviously if you've already tried it.

I have found that pretty much all controls for cranes and forestry equipment can be run with the j-n and k-m key cluster (the default front end loader controls). Holding left-shift plus left-cntrl at the same time adds a second function to each of these key sets. Do any of those controls achieve what you're trying to do?
OLD FUELWOOD

Post by OLD FUELWOOD »

Thank you very much for your reply, i'm glad to say I just figured that out sadly it only took about 10 hrs!!!...I did use the reset button for first time also!!… i'm liking this game more and more every day.
beginner
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

OLD FUELWOOD wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:03 pm Thank you very much for your reply, i'm glad to say I just figured that out sadly it only took about 10 hrs!!!...I did use the reset button for first time also!!… i'm liking this game more and more every day.
Very glad now get on with making sawdust :biggrin2:

It took me about the same amount of time to figure out those key setups for cranes in 17 :lol: ; the left-shift left-ctrl thing is not intuitive in my opinion, but once you are used to it, it's second nature. Prior to that I was madly swinging the mouse to control those functions and was pretty much ready to give up on logging completely because of it.
OLD FUELWOOD

Post by OLD FUELWOOD »

Howdy everyone

I'd like to know if it's possible to pick-up a dropped tree with the 931XC Komatsu and how to do it.

I've been having "shaking-flapping" episodes with the 875 Forwarder , anybody know what I might be doing to cause this?...
beginner
W1der

Post by W1der »

You mean like this?

Takes some practice but it is indeed possible!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
OLD FUELWOOD

Post by OLD FUELWOOD »

Yes it does take practice!!!...but almost always with angled cut. I was wondering if there was a control to pick-up tree and cut off piece to start measuring. sure would be handy on landing.
beginner
W1der

Post by W1der »

There are modded versions of the harvester where you can tilt the head.
Have not found one for FS19 where they also adjusted the "grip" so that you actually can pick up logs with it.

Also ... the "manual cut for wood harvester" mod/script is really nice!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
OLD FUELWOOD

Post by OLD FUELWOOD »

Got a link to: "manual cut for wood harvester"?....
beginner
W1der

Post by W1der »

Stopdad1

Post by Stopdad1 »

Just saying that it's this kind of helpful posts that give me hope for this forum. All the bickering and negativity are getting old fast. Used to be such a peaceful place. 😉
OLD FUELWOOD

Post by OLD FUELWOOD »

Stopdad1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:30 pm Just saying that it's this kind of helpful posts that give me hope for this forum. All the bickering and negativity are getting old fast. Used to be such a peaceful place. 😉
I totally agree! *thumbsup*

W1der thank you very much for the link :mrgreen:
beginner
OLD FUELWOOD

Post by OLD FUELWOOD »

Hello everyone,
While trying out yesterday's update on Grizzy Mountain today I noticed a great improvement in chipping the hardwood limbs!!..before they were very time consuming and difficult to handle.
which brings me to another problem on grizzy mountain that I have been experiencing, there is some wood I can't pick up or that will go thru the chipper with out spitting back out.
here's some pic's. i'm making a field to plant so i'm wondering how the wood pieces I cant pick-up will come back to haunt me.

beginner
W1der

Post by W1der »

I found that feeding them with the narrow/pointy part first is causing more problems with the smaller pieces ...