American roads

N420DV

American roads

Post by N420DV »

Why can't the Europeans figure out that here in the United States we have wider roads than they do in Europe?

Thinking specifically about Ravendale, there is a one-lane road that drops down from the upper train transfer point. If traffic is enabled, cars will drive down the middle of the road. Where is the giant combine supposed to go?

The main road that travels along the waterfront is the minimum size of road that any U.S. map should include. Developers can go look at Google Earth/Google Maps to see what roads in agricultural areas look like. Perhaps they'd notice that there aren't any single-lane roads. Perhaps they'd notice roads have significant shoulders.

The scenery may look American, but the roads remain European.
PrincessJessi84

Re: American roads

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

i remember once driving to my grandparents house to help grandpa with some work one time.. down the distance of this insanely long ghost town of a road i see this... speck.. glistening in the distance.. it stood out like a sore thumb as literally everything but this road is crops as far as the eye can see with the very rare house here and there.. a couple minutes go by and the speck becomes a car heading towards me.. as it gets closer i notice this car is a white Lincoln town car with a blue cloth top belonging to my grandma barreling towards me at an unreasonable speed right down the middle of an already narrow road.. if 2 passenger vehicles cross paths on this road there is literally just enough room for them to pass.. but grandma wasn't sharing and i pulled the truck off into the ditch while she flew by at an easy 80mph just waving as fast as her arm could
i think the road width depends.. many rural areas in the US don't have highways and paved roads everywhere.. often the travel is done on gravel/tar roads and they r a lot more narrow than most of the paved roads on ravenport.. just general travel around the country doesn't reveal this but having worked in many of these areas as well as having grandparents on both sides in different industries based in rural areas ive seen it
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

I think the roads in Ravenport are a lot wider than where I live at in the US. Some of the roads around here will get ye killed. Explained by Princess quite nicely to be honest. The road with her grandma is the way a lot of the roads are where I'm at. It's kind of funny watching the School Bus or even Tractor's and Combines go down them. Because you're stuck there just looking in amazement on how those vehicles even fit on the road to begin with. :lol:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

Nice story, Princess!! Hope you and your grandma were both OK!!
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

And Giants ran out of yellow paint. Lol. 2 way traffic ALWAYS divided by YELLOW line.All side roads Are divided by white line in the game. And road does not look like America any more.
Revan

Post by Revan »

Think the roads on Davenport are one way roads since of lines being white
PC & Xbox One
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

I work on county highways for a living and maintain roughly 575 miles of them. If there is one thing Giants improved on was their roads. Their sizes are very much in tune to what I maintain.

FYI, if your road is narrower that 20’ wide you don’t have to stripe it per FHWA standards. We have lots of roads that are in the range of 16-18’ wide. Wider than 24’ it’s recommended to add edge lines.

Now as far as signage...that could still use some help.
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Lostfarmer6474 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:03 am And Giants ran out of yellow paint. Lol. 2 way traffic ALWAYS divided by YELLOW line.All side roads Are divided by white line in the game. And road does not look like America any more.
About half the paved county roads in the major farming area I live in dont have any lines at all... No divider lines, no shoulder lines... No lines at all. I live right smack dab in the middle of the county that is home to The Potato Capital of the World....
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

No lines will be better then white lines. White lines make no sense .Only on ONE WAY road and MUST have YELLOW line on left end of the road then.
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Procobator wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:20 am I work on county highways for a living and maintain roughly 575 miles of them. If there is one thing Giants improved on was their roads. Their sizes are very much in tune to what I maintain.

FYI, if your road is narrower that 20’ wide you don’t have to stripe it per FHWA standards. We have lots of roads that are in the range of 16-18’ wide. Wider than 24’ it’s recommended to add edge lines.

Now as far as signage...that could still use some help.
How many 2 way traffic roads did you see divided by WHITE line, then?
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

thanks everyone.. yea we were fine.. i was in a chevy z71 so pulling off the road wasn't a big deal.. and grandma hadn't even noticed she had done anything wrong lol.. but yea its been brought to my attention that maybe i often sound like a.. well i come across with an attitude on here lots even when i don't mean it.. but ive seen and done so many different things in my life.. so now when possible im going to use stories to communicate things i want to say on here lol
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

White is suppose to designate the edge of the road for byways. Yellow for the center. When it comes to villages and cities, well, they march to the beat of their own drum.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Well you are a princess :)

I don't think the average person understands rural living. Many roads where I grew up had no lines at all, two vehicles would pass in opposite directions full speed, outside tires of each off the pavement without a concern at all. Throw up a hand and wave

Before I was even a teen, I'd take the big tractor, hook up the disc and set off down the road to the field. On coming traffic would have to touch the grass, and I'd swing toward the ditch.... no big deal just keep going. Just make sure to miss the mail boxes.....
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

yep we still have a lot of gravel roads around us. dusty and dirty and no lines...
bigcrazewolf

Post by bigcrazewolf »

I guess it depends on where you live. Here in western PA we have a mixture of narrow and wide depending on the local.

The street lights get me, most small towns I have ever been in don't have so many, but I remove them in the editor.