Hired help 100 times better than fs17(consoles)

lefe1

Hired help 100 times better than fs17(consoles)

Post by lefe1 »

First time I experienced this on FS19( Ravenport).... I'm driving the tractor and trailer. and I hired help to run the combine. I was just getting ready to get out of my tractor to move the combine when he gets to the end of the field and this happened. So to Giants this was Awesome. great job on the AI..... playing on PS4

Last edited by lefe1 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NateS

Re: Hired help 100 times better than fs17

Post by NateS »

It's definitely an improvement but why does the AI always prefer to drive through the crop they haven't combined yet?
PC & PS4
Randomnick

Post by Randomnick »

NateS wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:40 am It's definitely an improvement but why does the AI always prefer to drive through the crop they haven't combined yet?
Because there are some objects too close to the edge of the field. It goes backwards through the field to avoid collision. Hired help doesnt destruct crops, so it's not a big problem.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

I agree. It's not Courseplay or AI Vehicle Extension good, but it's pretty good and is a vast improvement.
Playing on PC
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

100 times better? If that was the case I believe that would put it in the same class as Courseay. I have not seen that level of improvement yet but I can definitely say there is some.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

well if you would read that i'm playing on ps4 So I don't know nothing about course play I think that is what you meant.. So to me it's 100 time better...
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

it is a lot better lefe.. having played on on both console and pc i can say this without a doubt.. i never cared for courseplay.. i used it extensively for some time but the more i used it the more dependent i became with it to the point that i was setting up courses to do things in the game that r my fav talk like driving a semi/trailer full of product.. personally i always just wanted the AI to work better for the few tasks i do use it for and now it does.. everything from a smaller overlap to smartly avoiding an area of the fields due to working width but continuing normally once its past the spot.. its so much better now.. in regard to courseplay, if i wanted every aspect of my farm managed by AI i would play Farm Manager (a game, not related to the fs19 game mode lol)
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
bigcrazewolf

Post by bigcrazewolf »

I hope we get baling capable AI in FS21 that would be awesome!
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Yeah my first experiences with AI Help in this version of the game gave me a LOT of surprises just one two episodes of my live stream. I still long for Courseplay ... but in the meantime at least this is a HUGE improvement. For once I can actually tolerate hiring default AI help.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
IowaFarmer34

Post by IowaFarmer34 »

My only negative on AI help is there seems to be issues turning some equipment that was not an issue in FS17... examples are large Great Plains seeder and 12m Horsch disc harrow, AI does not turn opposite intended direction first before making circle then stops part way through the turn and backs straight up wedging with the implement till the AI suspends operation. Same equipment as FS17 where similar problem did not exist.
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

Yup just watched my 7r using the horsch joker just constanly turning a circle in reverse till i finally stopped it. That was with a 36m headland. In some respects AI has improved. But they still have alot of issues
DoranS

Post by DoranS »

One " issue" with the hired help since 17 that I've noticed is the response have a blockage. If I have a piece of equipment in the way, it will announce a blockage as it normally would and wait, but once I remove the blockage, it will stutter and then state the working stopped working for "unknown reasons". Not sure if this is a bug or not.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

In some ways, it is better, but there's still room for improvement.
Personally, I'd like to see it NOT driving through the crop and being able to skip rows so it doesn't need to do all that crazy maneuvering.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Yup, they do that now.
Workers were only registering the crops in close vicinity in FS17.
But it seems now they have both field info and crop info at hand.
It is quite close how course play maps a field in PC.
I assume workers will also be quite good on amorph shaped fields too.
PS5 / FS22
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

I actually have the opposite experience with the AI.

I left one to plant a field. And was farish away from them. And unpon my return he missed massive gaps. And was in the middle of planting the field after missing 4 or 5 rows entirely.

I've made a bug report about it.

But if I'm pritty close or watch them. They do it perfectly
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user