Renege on a contract for profit.

PoggleBox

Renege on a contract for profit.

Post by PoggleBox »

I had a Contract to mow grass, Dry it with a Tedder and sell the hay bales. £5735. I skipped the turning to hay and just made grass bales by accident. 31 Bales and £11,695 later, I cancelled the contract. The money is still in my account. I feel a little guilty. But a lot happier :lol:
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
Arrancar88

Re: Renege on a contract for profit.

Post by Arrancar88 »

Was it on field 20 on Ravenport by any chance?
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Field 30 Feldsbrunn ....
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
Curthbert

Post by Curthbert »

You need to return the money man, this is not OK to cheat like that. Guilty!
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Meet me in RDR2 and we'll 'talk' about this. My name is Arthur Morgan. :wink3:
Jeramy

Post by Jeramy »

PoggleBox wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:14 pm Meet me in RDR2 and we'll 'talk' about this. My name is Arthur Morgan. :wink3:
What a coincidence...
Nostomania

Post by Nostomania »

If you do the same for a crop Harvesting mission (cancel after harvesting some crop) you will be penalized for what is missing from the field.

The way around that is simply to store the crop as you go, and buy the land before completing the mission. This cancels the contract without the associated penalty. You can resell the land right back at no loss.

It would seem then that for the hay baling missions, the system similarly isn't quite as smart as the sneaky player. :search:
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

Just do that instead of the mission. Buy the land, harvest the crop, and sell the land. Make more money. Though you need more to start. This is probably considered another form of cheating though. A friend gave me this idea
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

This is what ruined my first playthrough of a pig farm. I found out I could contract for root crops then just "buy" from the farmer for whatever I needed when I carted to my farm then cancelled contract. Worked good because I hated rootcrops anyways for the 5%. Then I thought why not for other crops. Soon enough I had rolling pig farm that didn't need land. To me this destroyed the point of making a arable pig farm so I had to restart.
Nostomania

Post by Nostomania »

GrimGandalf wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:35 pm Just do that instead of the mission. Buy the land, harvest the crop, and sell the land. Make more money. Though you need more to start. This is probably considered another form of cheating though. A friend gave me this idea
The main reason you take the mission (rather than just flipping the land for the crop) is access to the leased equipment (like a beet harvester) at no cost.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

Nostomania wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:01 am
GrimGandalf wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:35 pm Just do that instead of the mission. Buy the land, harvest the crop, and sell the land. Make more money. Though you need more to start. This is probably considered another form of cheating though. A friend gave me this idea
The main reason you take the mission (rather than just flipping the land for the crop) is access to the leased equipment (like a beet harvester) at no cost.
Good point - never flipped land myself was just throwing it out there
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer