Millenial Farmer is coming to FS19

SirLANsalot

Re: Millenial Farmer is coming to FS19

Post by SirLANsalot »

jamesadams933 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:03 pm Oh that would be nice, I've seen a few of his videos, hopefully it will make it to console.
Just no...no no no no.

Reason: Consoles are limited to 2kmx2km maps (2x maps), where as the PC version is designed for 4x maps but can be bigger (FS17 had a 16x map). Ravenport is like a 1x map, and Felsbrun is most likely a 2x map or somewhere in-between (felsbrun is clearly a bigger map).

To do his farm ANY justice it has to be a 4x map, meaning PC only. The Welker farm from 17 was a 2x map (the one on the modhub) and it did not do that farm well at all (a 4x variant was "coming soon" but FS19 launched so no idea when for that one).
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

There will not be any map, for any platform, that does justice to the farms of the American West, until the maps can be unlimited in size.

In the area I live there are several farmers that farm over 10,000 acres every year. The average field size is about 100 acres. The largest field I can think of around here 1 mile wide by 2 miles long... Thats something like 1300 acres. 2 of the biggest Farmers here farm 6,000 acres of potatoes, and 4000 acres of cereal grains every year.
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

Cattleman, a 16x map will acccomidate a farm the size you are looking for.

Harvesting 6000 acres of potatoes in FS would be quite a task. Probably a lot more of a task that most players would like to tackle.
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

Wouldn't mind seeing a map of the area around How Farms Work, either, somewhere near Potosi, Wisconsin. Sure seems like a pretty interesting landscape around there.
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Procobator wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:34 pm Cattleman, a 16x map will acccomidate a farm the size you are looking for.

Harvesting 6000 acres of potatoes in FS would be quite a task. Probably a lot more of a task that most players would like to tackle.
With the current potatoes equipment that we have in game you are right... But if someone would mod some modern pull behind diggers and cross overs like we use in Idaho it wouldnt be too bad. Here is a video of a local farmers operation close to where I live. I know this man and have talked to him in person before. And just as a side note... Spudnik Equipment is owned by Grimme.

https://youtu.be/0KL7OrHkDaY
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
Hulkster

Post by Hulkster »

This sounds brilliant, In fact, I modeled my farm on loan oak around this guys machinery ha!.

As for the map coming out, didn't somthingonmyshoe pump out a map with 800hours work in a matter of months!, Someone like him could get this map done in no time at all, cant wait.