Not enough slots on console

Benpe
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:56 pm

Re: Not enough slots on console

Post by Benpe » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:14 pm

PrincessJessi84 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:51 pm
maybe.. maybe they might even agree.. who knows.. but it boils down to resources.. ....
Ok. Old engine, bad optimization on console... They lied to me. Price? 50EUR....
For example PUBG preview version: they were written to make mistakes. much cheaper.
They lied to me because it was not written that they were bugs and unoptimized.

User avatar
PrincessJessi84
Posts: 2396
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Not enough slots on console

Post by PrincessJessi84 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:33 pm

actually I think the optimization isn't terrible.. is it really so hard to accept that maybe the dated console tech might be to blame? I mean.. yea the game engine isn't new.. but its been updated every 2 years for the last 10 years.. I think we have reached a point where these updates for this particular engine have just extended beyond the capabilities of the console.. I mean.. based on the numbers that have been presented in this very thread this generation of console should be nearing the end of its life cycle.. doesn't logic dictate that u replace other things because with age comes inefficiency especially when the aged object in question is part of a larger system that is more up to date? u might replace an old car with a new one for more horsepower or better fuel economy.. but if u didn't replace that old car your right to complain about how much gas u were using isn't really valid.. if u choose a 4 cylinder gasoline engine over a hybrid engine u don't then reserve the right to complain because the gas engine isn't as economical as the hybrid.. the hybrid exists.. it is the upgrade.. the problem seems that instead of creating a new console both sony and ms decided 3/4 of the way thru the current console life cycle to give the console a minor bump in performance and extend the life of this gen of console.. ok in theory that's cool.. awesome idea.. but wait.. there is some fine print.. they also stated that any games made must still be playable on the original xbone and ps4... hmm what a messed up thing to do.. maybe its really tied everything down and threw a cog in the gears... I mean.. on pc they aren't obligated to make a game work for an old computer.. simply put in the computer world if your pc wont run the application then its your problem.. time for an upgrade.. which is y my pc runs fs19 at a stable 60fps while john doe over here might be having issues.. it seems that based on these facts alone the problem lie directly with the console makers and their decision to extend the life of the current console... maybe u should hit their forums up and discuss your displeasure with the way their systems runs games that perform perfectly fine on more capable systems
15 & 17 on XBone X / 17 & 19 on PC
Stop in and check out our forum for dynamic sales and roleplaying @http://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/

Benpe
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:56 pm

Re: Not enough slots on console

Post by Benpe » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:47 pm

PrincessJessi84 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:33 pm
actually I think the optimization isn't terrible..
The console has nothing to do with it. Thank you very much. (Far Cry5, Forza Motorsport/Horizon series, Tom Raider, Battlfield and there are many new games). It's great to play with them, no problem.

FS19 unoptiomized, zero test bug, bug, bug, stupid AI... I'm a beta tester for 50EUR??!?!?! Dafuq?!
Basis map, basis two machine work, no animal, no more machine, ----> 10-15fps!!! WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?

User avatar
PrincessJessi84
Posts: 2396
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Not enough slots on console

Post by PrincessJessi84 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:58 pm

ok to begin with none of the games u named off don't act even remotely like farming simulator.. they aren't even remotely background intensive.. second it seems like maybe u r being dramatic.. what with all the question marks and exclamation marks.. saying things like dafuq might indicate a pretty young age.. and I mean come on.. 10-15fps? really? IF u really getting 10-15fps on a game like fs which I think is a blatant lie, u clearly have some serious hardware issues.. if it was the games fault every single person who is on a similar machine would be screaming about 10-15fps and that's clearly not the case.. I think it boils down to a couple things... one is that people r very dramatic and unreasonable meaning that often logic doesn't apply or sway said individuals and the individual is very combative and looking for a reason to argue with someone.. another reason and it might come into play with some of the people involved in this argument and its simply.. giants will give u an audience.. or u think they will at any rate.. when things don't work the way they should or the way we want them to we automatically reach out for someone to blame.. and in this case who better to blame than giants.. I mean.. modders and other players don't even factor in.. and that only leaves giants and sony/ms.. I know if I were trying to be heard I would go for giants.. lets be honest here.. sony/ms couldn't possibly care less about what u have to say.. but giants have proven time and time again that they r listening to us.. so by all means lets lash out at the only party willing to listen even though every logical argument that has been presented puts ms/sony at fault for most of the issues.. yea giants may have released a game with some bugs.. but the performance issues.. that is very much dependent on the system u r using.. its clearly NOT the game or people like me wouldn't be hitting 60fps stable regardless of what im doing in game
15 & 17 on XBone X / 17 & 19 on PC
Stop in and check out our forum for dynamic sales and roleplaying @http://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/

Benpe
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:56 pm

Re: Not enough slots on console

Post by Benpe » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:44 pm

https://mixer.com/LichtDragoner74

Here, look into some streams.
A couple of machines and tragedies are all over.
I do not lie.
Later on, there will be performance tests online too.

User avatar
PrincessJessi84
Posts: 2396
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Not enough slots on console

Post by PrincessJessi84 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:51 pm

so...... u send me a vid of one person who is clearly getting a lot more than 10-15fps to validate your argument? that's so sad.. im done.. logic clearly means nothing to u.. u r being unreasonable and wasting my time.. have a nice day and happy farming
15 & 17 on XBone X / 17 & 19 on PC
Stop in and check out our forum for dynamic sales and roleplaying @http://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/

Benpe
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:56 pm

Re: Not enough slots on console

Post by Benpe » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:00 pm

I'm trying to save a video through xbox live.
It is still unoptimized ;) and bugs.
This is also the case with friends and in several local forums ;)
Do not worry, I will not figure it out .... and I liked FS15, FS17 very much ;) and if I knew it was such, I would have stayed at 17, I would not have put 50EUR... I just hope that months FS19 will be good.

justinadams81
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:47 am

Re: Not enough slots on console

Post by justinadams81 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:01 am

From what I see if you have multiple tractors that are the same first one is that amount and the nexts are 1 slot per tractor

jah6575
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:00 am
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: Not enough slots on console

Post by jah6575 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:20 am

So here’s my take on the issue. I play on both PC and XBox1. Primarily console as the play area is more comfortable for me.

First off Giants did improve the game and graphics engines, this takes more resources than 17 did. Second, the game is now largely based on placeables, which also take up slots, many of which you won’t have multiples of ie farmhouse, silo that sort of thing.

They needed to make it possible to have more slots to even let the game work on consoles. So it’s kind of a double edged sword. You get a better game graphically but are more restricted on what you can have because you have to have placeables to have a farm site.

Like someone else said, if you have duplicates it only charges you 1 slot for additional ones, this is much like 15 on console, where I didn’t have enough slot to do everything I wanted and was constantly selling and buying equipment as I needed it. However we also since 17 have the ability to lease equipment too. Just have to work with what we have. I also suspect that some map makers will be making maps with premise farms as in the past and this will allow you to have the buildings and farm without having to use the placeables and if they are efficient enough with the resources you could have more slots than the base maps.

NateS
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: Not enough slots on console

Post by NateS » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:13 am

To add to the last post, I HOPE map makers continue to make maps already including animal pens instead of just making large flat pieces of land. A farm should look like a farm, not modular items kinda sorta placed in whatever area they fit.
PC & PS4

trogladitez
Posts: 536
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:29 am

Re: Not enough slots on console

Post by trogladitez » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:11 pm

PrincessJessi84 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:33 pm
actually I think the optimization isn't terrible.. is it really so hard to accept that maybe the dated console tech might be to blame? I mean.. yea the game engine isn't new.. but its been updated every 2 years for the last 10 years.. I think we have reached a point where these updates for this particular engine have just extended beyond the capabilities of the console.. I mean.. based on the numbers that have been presented in this very thread this generation of console should be nearing the end of its life cycle.. doesn't logic dictate that u replace other things because with age comes inefficiency especially when the aged object in question is part of a larger system that is more up to date? u might replace an old car with a new one for more horsepower or better fuel economy.. but if u didn't replace that old car your right to complain about how much gas u were using isn't really valid.. if u choose a 4 cylinder gasoline engine over a hybrid engine u don't then reserve the right to complain because the gas engine isn't as economical as the hybrid.. the hybrid exists.. it is the upgrade.. the problem seems that instead of creating a new console both sony and ms decided 3/4 of the way thru the current console life cycle to give the console a minor bump in performance and extend the life of this gen of console.. ok in theory that's cool.. awesome idea.. but wait.. there is some fine print.. they also stated that any games made must still be playable on the original xbone and ps4... hmm what a messed up thing to do.. maybe its really tied everything down and threw a cog in the gears... I mean.. on pc they aren't obligated to make a game work for an old computer.. simply put in the computer world if your pc wont run the application then its your problem.. time for an upgrade.. which is y my pc runs fs19 at a stable 60fps while john doe over here might be having issues.. it seems that based on these facts alone the problem lie directly with the console makers and their decision to extend the life of the current console... maybe u should hit their forums up and discuss your displeasure with the way their systems runs games that perform perfectly fine on more capable systems
None of this explains why the pc version (I play on pc) also looks 10 years out of date. It doesn't use modern gpu/CPU to anywhere near their limit, yet it still has performance problems. That's the very definition of bad optimization. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is still single core focused.

Grey20
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:10 pm

Re: Not enough slots on console

Post by Grey20 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:40 pm

We have forever had the argument between pc and console, at the end of the day if a game is released for console then users have every right to expect it to work as game is designed to be played if they can't do that then it shouldn't be released for that platform . It could be said that console players out number high end pc users so extra money is made to enable a better game to be produced for all. Pc users need console users so let's all be happy together.

FarmerJimbob
Posts: 710
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:05 pm
Location: England

Re: Not enough slots on console

Post by FarmerJimbob » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:55 pm

NateS wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:13 am
To add to the last post, I HOPE map makers continue to make maps already including animal pens instead of just making large flat pieces of land. A farm should look like a farm, not modular items kinda sorta placed in whatever area they fit.
Me too, although I'm not sure how that fits with Giants' ridiculously restrictive new game modes policy. Perfect scenario would be the farms on mod maps are made up of placeables which can be interchanged/removed/sold.

User avatar
RODHA
Posts: 4693
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: Not enough slots on console

Post by RODHA » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:20 pm

Grey20 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:40 pm
Pc users need console users so let's all be happy together.
Before that statement triggers a thermonuclear detonation, I have to say that both platforms need each other in any game for completely different reasons.

Hence, the debate between console and PC is one of the most iconic stupidity showcase of the millennium.

Lets just don't go that way...
PS4 / FS19

User avatar
cwattyeso
Posts: 1073
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Not enough slots on console

Post by cwattyeso » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:38 pm

Another thing Console Players are going to quickly shortchanged and stiffed on alongside the low slot count in game will be storage space for mods. I've installed the game today on my PS4 with a 2TB Harddrive installed in it, gone to the in game Mod Page and downloaded the currently released 24 mods/extras and the game is already reporting that I have used 25% of my System Storage. That's before we get any custom map mods released or any gameplay mods. So there is another area where Console Players are going to get angered and frustrated over PC players who have no restrictions on how many mods they can download, install and run in game.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Twitch Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.twitch.tv/cwattyeso :this:

Post Reply