ps1--December 3, 1994
ps2--March 4, 2000-- 6 years
ps3--October 2008--- 8 years
ps4--November 15, 2013--5 years
ps5? 5 years as of today
parad0x177

Re: Not enough slots on console

Post by parad0x177 »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:06 pm Also optimising for Consoles is something as a Console Player you have to expect, and we already know that many games receive graphics downgrades before release on those platforms. Console Gamers shouldn't be upset or whine about it when they are buying a Static Piece of Hardware that does not get upgraded for 8-10 years during that Console Generation Cycle. Yeah by the end of the Xbox and PS4 lifespan I'd fully expect games on those not to look anywhere near as pretty or run anywhere near as well as the same title on a PC. The only way for this to ever be solved is for Console Makers to bring out new consoles sooner maybe every 4 to 5 years not every decade or for Gamers serious about their games and their simulators to get themselves onto a PC platform where hardware is upgrade-able and can change and adapt with the games.
And IMHO (as a console and PC player), the above is very close to the ideal (reasonable) perspective for a console player to have. Unfortunately, I don’t get the impression that it is as common as one might hope. The impression I get here is that, rather often, there is a solid expectation that console players expect perfect parity with the PC. But, the reality is that just isn’t possible while retaining the convenience and simplicity that console players also expect.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

a tech forum i followed for awhile speculated that the xbone/ps4 platforms may see an extended life as a result of the ps4 pro and xbone x releases.. they r a considerable upgrade to their gen one counterparts and aren't that old.. they speculated that neither MS or Sony would be able to suddenly release a new console when consumers had more or less just purchased the pro or x without seriously upsetting their consumer base.. they speculated that the current gen console may see a 10-12 year life span.. but who knows.. only sony and MS and for the moment they aren't talking.. as to separating PC and console into separate games i think that would be a terrible mistake for giants.. console players make up a fair portion of giants consumers and likely wouldn't appreciate a down grade.. combine that with pc players no longer having any reason what so ever to mod for console and yea.. console players will move along to a different game where they wont be short changed for the sake of a platform they don't play on resulting in a loss of sales for giants and hindering production of the game for all platforms including pc..
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

^^Yup^^ Giants' bread and butter are console players. As hard as that is for some to swallow. They're not going to purposefully shortchange a platform. I think they do the best they can with what they have to work with.

Still, I could live with slightly less-detailed equipment models in exchange for half or three quarters the slots required. I think the tractors that take up 25 slots look fine next to one that takes up 45.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

yep I guarantee you they sold more console version of fs19 than pc. but we will never know because they never release the numbers.. neither will Sony/MS...
Jaydon8817

Post by Jaydon8817 »

Heres the thing... for anyone with xbox that got the free Valtra Gold series... its same tractor as base tractor yet base tractor takes 14 slots and Gold series takes 1 slot and all i can make out to be different is a very shiny gold chrome paint job which for me is a little weird because dont shiny things take up more graphic performance ? Its a little strange for me but i dont understand all the ins and outa tbh lol
Xbox 1

Thankyou to GIANTS and all Modders for making FS great :)

Smile Folks
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

what I have found with slots is it may not be just how the mod looks, but how many options are available for it. There are few variations for the Valtra Gold. You only have one colour for the paint and wheels for example.

Seeing comments regarding ‘half my slots are used with nothing in the game’ makes me wonder if some people know what slots are!

I will worry about them when I start to run low 😆
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Foxweik wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:28 pm The maps take slot aswell from what i hear, thats why you start with like 500 some already used.
the map's don't the slot's are use for equipment and placeables to use on the maps and each of the 2 maps that came with FS19 and the south american map all have a different number of slot's being used by nothing at all. Giant's had a post for FS17 explaining the slot system and nothing was said about maps using slots.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

The maps in 17 did use slots, they just didn’t show it in the overall count. If you looked closely, the slot count you started with on every map was different due to the amount of resources used on the map. Some of the more detailed maps had less slots available than the more simple maps. I feel Giants included the total slot count in 19 to give the illusion that you started with a lot more slots than what you actually have.
Seriously though, who didn’t see this coming? As soon as they started talking about improved graphics and more complex features for this version I knew the slot count was going to take a hit. You can’t keep piling on all these improvements and have no upgrades to the hardware without making sacrifices somewhere.
PS4
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

☝️☝️This guy gets it. Although until giants actually explain it, we are all guessing.

The maps being included is the most likely explanation.

As I have said before, slots are just giants way of explaining the memory available. Probably easier than saying it in mb or using percentages.
Magnarex

Post by Magnarex »

The simple answer to this never ending debate is Giants has shoe-horned an antiquated, poor-scaling PC engine onto consoles. There's nothing wrong with console hardware and there is an abundance of frighteningly large, open world games to make comparisons with. Someone earlier mentioned GTA 5...well GTA 5 is available for even the Xbox 360. That's what having an highly optimized, well-scaling, modern gaming engine does for you.
“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

Magnarex wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:52 pm The simple answer to this never ending debate is Giants has shoe-horned an antiquated, poor-scaling PC engine onto consoles. There's nothing wrong with console hardware and there is an abundance of frighteningly large, open world games to make comparisons with. Someone earlier mentioned GTA 5...well GTA 5 is available for even the Xbox 360. That's what having an highly optimized, well-scaling, modern gaming engine does for you.
How dare you write the truth like that. It's shocking how antiquated a lot of this engine is. The plough textures and so on are horrible and look the same as the last game which were already years out of date two years ago.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

ok ok.. im so tired of people spouting off about GTA5 in comparison to Farming Simulator.. so lets actually talk about this "modern gaming engine" in a bit of depth and see how giants engine actually measures up...

In 2004 R* created RAGE Technology Group (an ENTIRE division dedicated to nothing but the development of this engine) to begin working on their own engine.. they created the engine called Rockstar Advanced Game Engine or RAGE.. The engine was first used in 2006 on the xbox 360 in R* Presents Table Tennis.. In 2007 the RAGE engine integrates third-party assets known as Euphoria and Bullet for their character and physics engines respectively.. The engine RAGE, while continually being updated and optimized by RAGE Technology Group, is in its basic form unchanged since 2007 and is responsible for every major R* title from Table Tennis to RDR2..

there.. a tiny history lesson for u based entirely on FACTS.. so what is the take away from this.. to begin with this is NOT a modern engine.. or at least not any more so than Giants engine.. in fact its older.. R* led by EA dedicated an entire division to the development of this engine.. a team that would have and still does encompass more team members than Giants entire company.. the engine RAGE, aside from having a much larger dev team and enormous budget, has been in development longer than Giants engine giving more time for the extensive resources to which R* has access to iron out the engine making it what it is today.. and even with all this the RAGE engine still outsources some of its engine assets..

now I could go into Giants history a bit but wouldn't it be fair to assume that if u know sooooo much to be able to compare Giants to R* that u might know that Farming Simulator started off as a small time project.. like.. 1-2 people? and even after it caught on it didn't have a big publisher and it was targeting a very small audience as not everyone wants to farm in a game.. I could keep going but by now u either get the point or u don't and wont..

so for the entire lesson summery.. Giants engine for what it is and the course of its development, especially when comparing it to a gaming giant like R*, is actually pretty impressive.. and that those of u who r ignorant enough to even compare the 2 should really do a bit of homework, step back, and look at things outside your own biased perspective.. I hope u all have a good day and happy farming

Edit - I would also like to note a couple more things about R*.. the company was created in 1998.. prior to its creation Take Two acquired the company responsible for Grand Theft Auto which was made in 1997 and the game had already met with a fair amount of success (im old enough to have played it when it was new).. so not only does R* have more than a decade more time in the industry than Giants it was originally created by a very well established company meaning that it had a significant amount of resources to develop games and the company at large thru trial and error.. by the time Giants even became a thing in the gaming industry, R* had already been around for some time and had made and released a pretty good list of successful games across multiple platforms.. in short.. by the time the first Farming Simulator game was created R* had existed longer than Giants has now and had top notch resources and publishers from day one
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

And yet they still can't come up with a decent plough texture. Maybe by the time all the other companies have moved over to ray tracing.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Magnarex wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:52 pm The simple answer to this never ending debate is Giants has shoe-horned an antiquated, poor-scaling PC engine onto consoles. There's nothing wrong with console hardware and there is an abundance of frighteningly large, open world games to make comparisons with. Someone earlier mentioned GTA 5...well GTA 5 is available for even the Xbox 360. That's what having an highly optimized, well-scaling, modern gaming engine does for you.
Right. GTA V had a production budget of 225 million USD. These comparisons are silly.