Back to FS17 for me

BigTex114

Re: Back to FS17 for me

Post by BigTex114 »

I haven't been on FS17 in over a month. I tried just now and it won't load. It just hangs up and I have to delete the task.
Playing Marwell Manor on Windows :gamer:
STL

Post by STL »

BumpmyStump wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:02 am Says the guy who just joined the forums.. :lol:

MrMagoo wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:41 pm I don't blame you, I have stopped playing it as well. What I should have done was held of buying it until next year until most mods are available to make it enjoyable at least but that's my fault for buying it now thinking Giants have changed.

People seem to forget they have 2 years to work on the next game and the game has been developed what 10 years? In this time AI is not acceptable and very little has been built on over those years. Giants is thankful there is no decent competitors in the market otherwise they wouldn't be doing so good and that is the trouble with most games right now, they get to relaxed and not have to update it as much as they should, money roles in regardless.
What does it matter when someone joined the forums? I've been playing FS since FS11. Have FS11, 13 15 17 19 on pc. Also FS17, and 19 on xbox one. My youngest son has the games also, he still hasn't joined the forums yet. Does that somehow mean he knows nothing about the series he's been playing for 8 years? :lol: :lol: :lol:
BC144601

Post by BC144601 »

FS19 is the last Farming Simulator I ever buy.
Most of my family and friends are all on the same page.

LAST FARMING SIMULATOR EVER.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Here's looking forward to FS21!
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Leonara

Post by Leonara »

I have all three 15, 17 and 19
I still play FS15 and 17, some of the best maps I have that I edited are on 15. I won't stop playing those, I'll give 19 a chance to get better, the modders will eventually make it better. Better mods, better map, functionality etc...

Right now the whole build your own farm is a joke, the leveling of terrain is a joke, everything just looks awful
MrMagoo

Post by MrMagoo »

I think people will get far more enjoyment if they stuck to FS17, don't play FS19 and you won't be disappointed.
Curthbert

Post by Curthbert »

Well I see that players are dropping in FS19 quicker than in FS17..

Steam charts (concurrent players):

FS17 Top after release: 31 961 players
FS17 After 20 days: 29 500 players (+- 500; can't see exact number in charts)

FS19 Top after release: 59 234 players
FS19 After 20 days: 26 688 players

So seems like FS17 was much better game after release, FS19 lost like 55% of players after 20 days after release...

And these are charts of PC players, it will be probably worse on consoles as they don't even have patches so fast etc.
TheSwede

Post by TheSwede »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:43 pm
TheSwede wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:30 pm I will really regret buying FS19 instead of RDR2...
I don't care how good FS19 gets, you should always regret that decision. :lol: I have both, but I made sure I had my priorities in line first.
Guess what I got for christmas?! :lol:
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:09 pm
Here's looking forward to FS21!
That would've been my exact reply! LMAO
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

I went back to 17, but came straight back to 19. Great game GIANTS.

*thumbsup*
the big print giveth the small print taketh
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

After a lot of disappointing information coming out I had no intention of buying the game. Since a few fixes made their way to the public, I decided to spend a couple dollars and rent the game to see first hand.

I didn't make it through all the features but was able to see a few things. There are some new things that are nice but some of the same problems exist. The game seems incomplete. It's not just the lack of mods...there seems to be an abundance of some equipment types and a serious lack of others.

Some of the detail is nice and parts if the (American) map are very scenic but there seems to be a lot of useless parts of the map. Outside of being an American myself, part of the reason I prefer the American maps (in the past) was that they are spread out and dont have the small clustered roads like European maps. Ravenport is an epic clusterf#%× if I've ever seen one.

One thing I can certainly say is that Giants spent WAY too much time fussing over tractor and map details and not nearly enough time developing gameplay. Besides the usual issues rolled over from previous versions, they have managed to dream up even more problems.

The first trailers looked promising but, for me personally, the game isn't even a shadow of what was advertised. I certainly cant justify spending money on this game as it currently is. Local stores have been asking $60 and to make matters worse, the price tag on the Season Pass is $50.

Past DLC's (IMO) haven't lived up to the $40 price tag. It seems like Giants wants to sell this game twice. One to get the game and a second time to sell DLC's to make it playable. I'm all for paying for DLC's to get additional content but only as an addition to the current game...not to complete it.

For $60 + $50, I'm going to sit idle and wait. I need to know what that money will buy before I commit to it. FS19 isnt worth $30 (to me) right now, let alone $110+.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Right before 19 came out I started on the Stappenbach map. Such an amazing map with all the cool features like auto water animals or feed them grass that even though I am on 19 tempted to go back. 19 feels like a grind with boring maps. The vehicles are cool love that part but you can get some really good mods on 17 that look a feel the same.
RedEagle 11

Post by RedEagle 11 »

Don't blame you... As an old FS lover I'm not impressed with FS 19, sure the graphics are nice and I do like the additions but there's a lot left to be desired. I don't know if GIANTS is planing any updates soon but game play sure could use a couple right about now and hopefully they'll do something about the sound of the engines on most of the large tractors (they sound like a bunch of lawn mowers) after all they're suppose to have big powerful diesel engines. Some of the tools are absolutely terrible, specially the logging ones. It's very frustrating, I think I'll take a brake and go back to playing RDR2, excellent action, very decent graphics and outstanding game play. ...

Edit by Guil. Removed profanity.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

RedEagle 11 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:39 am Don't blame you... As an old FS lover I'm not impressed with FS 19, sure the graphics are nice and I do like the additions but there's a lot left to be desired. I don't know if GIANTS is planing any updates soon but game play sure could use a couple right about now and hopefully they'll do something about the sound of the engines on most of the large tractors (they sound like a bunch of lawn mowers) after all they're suppose to have big powerful diesel engines. Some of the tools are absolutely terrible, specially the logging ones. It's very frustrating, I think I'll take a brake and go back to playing RDR2, excellent action, very decent graphics and outstanding game play. ... FFS
Funny you mentioned RDR2...I always wondered how they could create such of huge living breathing world in that scale and GIANTS cant do that on a tiny map.
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

Probably a huge difference in budgets...