Anybody have info on console update?

TacoFarmer

Anybody have info on console update?

Post by TacoFarmer »

I seen a few posts about updates but none really mention consoles.
Anybody have any info on this?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Jaydon8817

Re: Anybody have info on console update?

Post by Jaydon8817 »

Sometime before end of year i think i read somewhere... i takes longer on consoles as patches and updates need to be approved by the respective console creaters... hope this helps :)
Xbox 1

Thankyou to GIANTS and all Modders for making FS great :)

Smile Folks
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Let the PC guys test these beta patches until they can get us a good one in a few weeks. :lol:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Juiceua83

Post by Juiceua83 »

A post yesterday form the pc fix beta said By Christmas for console
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:53 pm Let the PC guys test these beta patches until they can get us a good one in a few weeks. :lol:
:lol: let PC players be the gini pig's in testing :lol:
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

yea pc platform is guinea pig.. but its only logical.. to begin with the game is designed on pc and its easier to implement changes to it.. plus its easier to release these patches straight to pc players for the mass testing than it is to go thru the red tape called MS/Sony.. then in the end they can put together a full patch with less things missed or new bugs and release it for consoles ideally with as few issues as possible.. this is also how they did it for fs17
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Daddychop

Post by Daddychop »

The lack of information from giants for console fixes/updates is disappointing, very unprofessional, and shows their lack of respect for players. Thanks for buying the game now go quietly into the dark!
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Daddychop wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:44 am The lack of information from giants for console fixes/updates is disappointing, very unprofessional, and shows their lack of respect for players. Thanks for buying the game now go quietly into the dark!
That's how it was on Pure Farming, Mudrunner: Spintires, Construction Sim 2, and other sim games that have come to console recently.

Sims are more buggy at launch because it's a lot harder to simulate real life in a game. They don't release information because the truth is that it's going to be a while, just like it was for all those other sims to release their patches since Sony and Microsoft have more difficult update processes than steam or other PC platforms.

It is better PR to stay quiet than to come out and say, "Hey everyone, I know you spent money on this game now, but you're not going to be able to fully enjoy it for another month or two at the earliest."
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

Krd1749 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:57 am Sims are more buggy at launch because it's a lot harder to simulate real life in a game. They don't release information because the truth is that it's going to be a while, just like it was for all those other sims to release their patches since Sony and Microsoft have more difficult update processes than steam or other PC platforms.
Very poor excuse, not like they haven't made any previous versions to go by, and some of the bugs we got are still from the previous version, Giants have become very sloppy in there recent game with poor decision making/planing and the lack of information

Having paid good money for a game that ive had to shelve because of game braking bugs is poor in this day and age, not like we were buying a EA version of the game
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I understand Sony and Microsoft have to check the patch but the fact it will take closer to Xmas is ridiculous and not just because it consoles...I was really hoping in the week or so because I'm playing still but losing interest because of the issues and no mods even being checked for release yet other than what Giants is releasing...
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Yes it stinks, but like I said there are other sim games released on consoles over the past year that have taken 2+ months to get the first patch that was released on PC onto the console version.

It is one thing that is out of their control and the complaints should be directed at Sony and Microsoft, just like with their rules about pre-order availability, mod limits, no script mods, and any other policy that gets in the way of their paying customers being able to enjoy a game.
Bharrison

Post by Bharrison »

the only patch i am after information on is a update to the hud not fitting tvs on console rendering the game unplayable for me.

having spend good money on this game to find its unplayable and then no information on a update to make it playable on the older versions of ps4 and xbox 1 is not fair to those players
Lukecranky

Post by Lukecranky »

Bharrison wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:27 pm the only patch i am after information on is a update to the hud not fitting tvs on console rendering the game unplayable for me.

having spend good money on this game to find its unplayable and then no information on a update to make it playable on the older versions of ps4 and xbox 1 is not fair to those players
Hi Bharrison. Have you tried changing your tv aspect ratio in settings on your tv? My dad had the same issue and fixed it like this. may need changing back when you play other games etc. but just a quick temp fix.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^How long does that take? Cause giants really needs to fix it, might be worth the time for this work around
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Took me about 20 seconds to adjust my 5 year old tv