Land management

george.earlslight

Land management

Post by george.earlslight »

We've learned till now that Giants are planning to release a terrain management tool, to alleviate the difficulties with building placement.
I'd like to take the conversation a step further; are there plans to allow further land management?
Some plots contain buildings like logging cabins, benches, watchtowers, etc. If I own the land, shouldn't I be able to remove or add them?
Phigo

Re: Land management

Post by Phigo »

That would be great. I wish I could remove the garbage from my fields on Ravenport. On a sidenote there would be more free Slots on my PS4 when some of that decoration-stuff disapears.
PS4 und PC
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

OMG YES!!!. I hate having all that junk just laying around on my land....
PC gamer.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

That was what I was hoping 19 would be - the maps still populated with buildings and scenery but when you own the land you could sell off, or at least remove, anything you didn't want.
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

This would be great but I usually just magically make them disappear with GE but can not do that either with no GE
george.earlslight

Beastbubba wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:44 am OMG YES!!!. I hate having all that junk just laying around on my land....
This would also help people who don't like the way the USA map is, with all the junk.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

the next step would be to have buildable animal pens, with fences. should be able to put down a shelter(animal interaction zone, manure/slurry area, product area), food and water containers, then drag fence out and about: around trees, rocks, up hills, across the small stream etc...

I shouldn't have to cutdown and remove every tree in an area just to "fence" in a perfectly flat square for animals. look at the cattle area on loan oak, or altenstein for example
george.earlslight

Crazof wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:08 pm the next step would be to have buildable animal pens, with fences. should be able to put down a shelter(animal interaction zone, manure/slurry area, product area), food and water containers, then drag fence out and about: around trees, rocks, up hills, across the small stream etc...

I shouldn't have to cutdown and remove every tree in an area just to "fence" in a perfectly flat square for animals. look at the cattle area on loan oak, or altenstein for example
There were many fence mods on FS17. I'm sure we'll have them on FS19 too.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

PS4 fence mods? mods that could go together to make an animal pen? not that I'm aware of
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

purely decorative, he was talking about custom animal pens.
george.earlslight

Oh, apologies. Didn't realize it till now.
It would be awesome to make a custom pen then. It could also measure the area and tell you how many animals you can put in.
Neilyboy1

Post by Neilyboy1 »

I chopped around 30 trees down to enlarge my field, stump ground etc, stupid watch tower has put an end to that *thumbsdown*
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

yes, custom animal pens. hopefully to be expanded to custom buildings, houses, silos etc....

A custom animal pen would allow expansion by simply expanding the fenced in area. not to mention allow use of land that otherwise would be pretty useless.
Curthbert

Post by Curthbert »

They could even release a pen which has one side/two sides (of fences) missing and we could just drag and drop missing side to make it bigger or smaller. Or fields should have an option to be transmorphed into a pen, it would just automatically place fences around the field. Both options would be faster and easier than placing fences manually... but I don't think they this will ever happen lol