Seasons leak

theSeb

Re: Seasons leak

Post by theSeb »

This is for a number of reasons

1. I really enjoy sarcasm
2. Constructive criticism is fine. Whiny criticism about the world being unfair. Well, what can I do about that?
3. I really enjoy sarcasm
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

Love your reply! Keep up the great work. The seasons mod is so awesome, I am stuck back playing fs17 until you get it ready for fs19. Truly amazing work! Thanks
Elway358

Post by Elway358 »

theSeb wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:16 pm This is for a number of reasons

1. I really enjoy sarcasm
2. Constructive criticism is fine. Whiny criticism about the world being unfair. Well, what can I do about that?
3. I really enjoy sarcasm
Oh don't get me wrong, I am a real smart-ass too and would have told this guy to eat a ... well you know. The difference being, Im not "marketing" a product to the general public where a plethora of complaints and "whining" is expected.

Definitely nothing personal and I will grab this fine looking mod when it becomes available and I appreciate you guys making it available. Was just noticing some of your replies and saw that dealing with people in general seems to get on your nerves. ;)
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

No worries. I actually enjoy replying biggily.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Elway358 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:21 pm ...dealing with people in general seems to get on your nerves. ;)
I think that is the real problem here.
He shouldn't be "dealing" with people.
Because nobody in general has to "deal" with decent people. Decent people just don't make you "deal" with them.
If there is "dealing" then something is wrong with the people not the reaction.

Different opinions and expectations are slated to clash yes, but the way people deliver those differences through words makes all the difference.

If somebody just finds the nerves to say "there is no genius in this" for something you have been working over the years then you need to "deal" with them cause they deserve to "be dealt with".
PS5 / FS22
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

It'll be interesting to see how they handle contracts in Seasons FS19. Playing at 1x with only 3 fields owned at the moment, I get through loads in a single day. Suppose they'll have to be seasonal contracts.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
Elway358

Post by Elway358 »

RODHA wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:28 pm
Elway358 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:21 pm ...dealing with people in general seems to get on your nerves. ;)
I think that is the real problem here.
He shouldn't be "dealing" with people.
Because nobody in general has to "deal" with decent people. Decent people just don't make you "deal" with them.
If there is "dealing" then something is wrong with the people not the reaction.

Different opinions and expectations are slated to clash yes, but the way people deliver those differences through words makes all the difference.

If somebody just find the nerves to say "there is no genius in this" for something you have been working over the years then you need to "deal" with them cause they deserve to "dealt" with.
If as a provider of a product or service the worst he gets told is "there is no genius in this", he should be jumping for joy. If there are no plans to try and further the business or create some sort of monetization model off of further products or services then yeah, tell em to get bent when they get on your nerves or tell you "youre not a genius." If furthering this and monetizing future products is however a goal, alienating ANY possible customer or giving the impression that you don't give 2 shats about concerns and they can take it or leave it isn't gonna bode well for building anything up.

This might be totally off base as they may have no aspirations beyond just making mods for fun and to provide something nice to the community, but it was my impression none the less. I personally don't care how they respond as im not the sensitive type, not a paying customer, and will definitely download a mod if its nice regardless if I think the creators are the best in the world or not. :)
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Please keep this topic to talk about season and not "how to answer to"...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Seasons is an amazing mod. I'm super happy it's creators are still working to bring it back. Soil mod was an amazing mod for 15 that died, the same could have easily happened to seasons...

I'm not a modder, but seriously these overhaul mods can not be easy to make. They are not simple script mods, they are overhaul mods that drastically change the game.
PC gamer.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Beastbubba wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:13 pm Seasons is an amazing mod. I'm super happy it's creators are still working to bring it back. Soil mod was an amazing mod for 15 that died, the same could have easily happened to seasons...

I'm not a modder, but seriously these overhaul mods can not be easy to make. They are not simple script mods, they are overhaul mods that drastically change the game.
I completely agree with everything you've said here. I have nothing but appreciation for these types of mods and the people behind them. Realismus (yes I know Realismus is a team), Decker, Mogli, dural, and others put full-time-job-style effort into their mods and create game-changing experiences for thousands and thousands of people. And they do it basically for free because they love the game and want to share their knowledge and experience with the community.

When the very occasional commenter comes along and says these mods basically are "no big deal", it really irks me.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Elway358 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:41 pmIf as a provider of a product or service the worst he gets told is "there is no genius in this", he should be jumping for joy. If there are no plans to try and further the business or create some sort of monetization model off of further products or services then yeah, tell em to get bent when they get on your nerves or tell you "youre not a genius." If furthering this and monetizing future products is however a goal, alienating ANY possible customer or giving the impression that you don't give 2 shats about concerns and they can take it or leave it isn't gonna bode well for building anything up.
What can I say? You are right.
But that is one point that I would never understand in this day in age.
Businesses run on some really weird rules like that one.
PS5 / FS22
I farm, you eat!

Post by I farm, you eat! »

Without seasons, there’s no reasons to play 19.... no depth of game, no sense of accomplishment! When there are no limits, just a looping tape of rinse and repeat planting immediately behind the combine.

I almost had forgotten how to “regularly” play FS. Without seasons you are numbing your thought process of play as I said to a constant loop without any direction. There are many new aspects of 19 I love and are truly an improvement but sadly without certain mods it’s unplayable for myself. If I still were playing on console, I’m sure you’d have to peel me away from the game. I swapped to pc about a year ago and... needless to say I’m spoiled now. FS19 without Seasons and other mods (of which we all know and want) I’m back on 17 till...
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I find it funny how people seem to think that ‘unplayable’ means the same as ‘I don’t want to play it’ 😆
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ Quite right :biggrin2: :biggrin2: *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22
I farm, you eat!

Post by I farm, you eat! »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:35 pm I find it funny how people seem to think that ‘unplayable’ means the same as ‘I don’t want to play it’ 😆
You are correct!!! I was simply stating my opinion. I didn’t bash 19, only stated how important Seasons and other mods are for myself and my style of gameplay! I love the new graphics, aspects, and immersion! But I like modded maps, scripts, and equipment/tools more!